Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

6th Years and Leavers :: Chat Thread #1 Watch

• View Poll Results: Highest Mark in the AH Maths Prelim :: YOUR BETS (Votes are public)
    namedeprived
    21.74%
    Ape Gone Insane [No one's going to vote for me ]
    26.09%
    Me, I take AH Maths!
    21.74%
    APE! You wasted your one chance of a poll...on THIS! NOOOOOO
    30.43%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronar)
    Have you moved all your stuff upstairs?

If there was floods near me the tv would be upsatirs in 3 seconds, followed by the ps3 and wii
    Some electrical and all my uni stuff yes :p: My house has a steepish drive so it benefits from that plus the flood guards are up so that should do the trick. Think it will be ok for me though, hope so, mums off to work and I'm all on my lonesome

ReputationRep:
    So what has everyone else been doing today? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Listening to your exciting tales of potential peril :p:

ReputationRep:
    oh, work soon

ReputationRep:
    I don't know whether to go to the pub or sit in with a book

im such a boring person now but I like it

It's this university business making me want to stay in lol I hope it goes aaway at uni

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nessiehibs)
    oh, work soon
    At least it's your last shift :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'm bored now

ReputationRep:
    lol last nights mock the week is funny

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronar)
    I thought it was very good :p:

Frankie Boyle amused me for once!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meteorshower)
    I thought it was very good :p:

Frankie Boyle amused me for once!
    He amuses me everytime ahah :P

im now wsatching jordans show lol

then imma watchh come dine with me and then read a book :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronar)
    I seen the last half of it

ReputationRep:
    If there is a wedding, where Emma invites 20 guests, and Helen invites 40 guests, how angry is God? :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosie9391)
    I've had no problems thankfully with SLC or SAAS :woo:
    Still can't get through to them, so SAAS thinks they're sending the money to one account and (in theory) the SLC thinks they're sending it to another. :facepalm: On the upside, I still have access to both accounts, which I was briefly unsure about, so I'm okay as long as it goes to one of them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheUnbeliever)
    Still can't get through to them, so SAAS thinks they're sending the money to one account and (in theory) the SLC thinks they're sending it to another. :facepalm: On the upside, I still have access to both accounts, which I was briefly unsure about, so I'm okay as long as it goes to one of them.
    Whats the slc :|

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronar)
    Whats the slc :|
    Everyone in the UK applies for and manages their loan through a specific agency (e.g. SAAS, Student Finance England, etc) but it's the SLC who actually provide the funds. At least, that's as I understand it.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone in the UK applies for and manages their loan through a specific agency (e.g. SAAS, Student Finance England, etc) but it's the SLC who actually provide the funds. At least, that's as I understand it.
    Oh, thatnk goodness I havent messup on another thing lol

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, no worries. If you look at your finance paperwork, you'll notice some says SAAS and some says SLC at the top. I don't think you'll need to contact the SLC directly unless, like me, you're making life difficult for yourself!

ReputationRep:
    You've still got some time to get it sorted :yep: Just think, all this again next year (well sort of) :p:

For the document thingy from the SLC there is a send off slip for changing bank accounts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    You should search TSR for situations similar to yourself.
    Interestingly, Student Finance England's main phone system is also down (although people have found a direct line rather than the 0845 one).

(Original post by rosie9391)
    You've still got some time to get it sorted :yep:
    Until the 14th

For the document thingy from the SLC there is a send off slip for changing bank accounts.
    Good point, thanks. I'll post that tomorrow and then just write a very angry letter if it doesn't go where I want it. :p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    hello people.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.