Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

6th Years and Leavers :: Chat Thread #1 Watch

• View Poll Results: Highest Mark in the AH Maths Prelim :: YOUR BETS (Votes are public)
    namedeprived
    21.74%
    Ape Gone Insane [No one's going to vote for me ]
    26.09%
    Me, I take AH Maths!
    21.74%
    APE! You wasted your one chance of a poll...on THIS! NOOOOOO
    30.43%

I am so angry.

Last night I was writing a piece for my AH English folio (yeah, I can only write late at night) and 4 sides of A4 slipped to the floor when I was sleeping. Before I went to school I didn't have time to put them away properly so I laid them on my bed so I could finish it tonight, and they have DISAPPEARED. My parents are out so I can't ask if they've moved them anywhere, but they weren't meant to be read yet so I hope to God no one's moved them. They've just gone, and I spent about two hours on it. ARGH :mad:

EDIT: Found them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArcadiaHouse)
    I am so angry.

Last night I was writing a piece for my AH English folio (yeah, I can only write late at night) and 4 sides of A4 slipped to the floor when I was sleeping. Before I went to school I didn't have time to put them away properly so I laid them on my bed so I could finish it tonight, and they have DISAPPEARED. My parents are out so I can't ask if they've moved them anywhere, but they weren't meant to be read yet so I hope to God no one's moved them. They've just gone, and I spent about two hours on it. ARGH :mad:
    Don't worry it's only adv higher english :p:

Do you have a cat?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by namedeprived)
    That is a pretty cool video, would be better if the voiceover didn't skip like that though.
    I don't normally watch the one with the voiceover, I just think it's good for a little extra detail if you haven't seen it before.

I just like watching the explosions really... :o:

ReputationRep:
    I am so angry.

Well either you need to look harder or someone's moved them. I dunno about yours but my parents would never bother reading my crap (about anything) and would just move it anyway. So maybe they've moved it without reading it? They're probably not lost though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Sometimes, you scare me. :afraid:
    Aww come on, have you ever seen anything anywhere near as cool? :p:

(Original post by Ronar)
    Don't worry it's only adv higher english :p:

Do you have a cat?
    Two budgies :awesome:

Someone had moved them onto my desk (which admittedly I need to clear :o:). Not the one I'm sitting at, though. I'm not that retarded :awesome:

It's fiction. :shh: My friend says she's going to do her creative writing piece on the first time she had an orgasm. Can you top that, Ape? :p:

Not the best thing you could have said to Arcadia :p:
    I lol'd.

ReputationRep:
    Theoretically, you could argue, the big bang ? :p:

Mother of all explosions of explosions of explosions.

*Ape explodes*
    I did say "seen" :p:

ReputationRep:
    Two budgies :awesome:

Someone had moved them onto my desk (which admittedly I need to clear :o:). Not the one I'm sitting at, though. I'm not that retarded :awesome:
    My cat sits on things and they vanish :lolwut:

Glad you found it

(Original post by Meteorshower)
    Aww come on, have you ever seen anything anywhere near as cool? :p:
    Yeah, Hiroshima was awesome. :lolwut:

(Original post by Ronar)
    My cat sits on things and they vanish :lolwut:

Glad you found it
    I wish I had a cat. Is he/she fluffy? :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, Hiroshima was awesome. :lolwut:

Pfft, wasn't a big enough explosion

(for the record I don't think the whole killing craploads of people is cool, just the actual thing :p:)

:coma: Why can't I read that? :coma: Your friend is AWESOME :eek: WTF...

I wrote a particularly good poem which starts off backwards (in rewind) then is told forwards.
    I'm glad There's no way she'll be allowed to use it ... unless ... :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    In that case, no.

:sigh:

PS. Yes, Meteorshower, open up your excel wordsheet and add +1 to your Ape VS Meteorshower Debate Track Sheet
    I thought i'd save myself the bother and devised a simple function instead.

As number of debates increases, number of times you lose against me tends to infinity :yep:

Also I wouldn't mind seeing that poem, sounds interesting.

ReputationRep:
    I wish I had a cat. Is he/she fluffy? :woo:

*Death march plays*

I hate my cat lol!

ReputationRep:
    Michael, I'm STILL ALIVE! And rather bored in Gatwick.

An ATM also swallowed my debit card and I had to cancel it, but otherwise I'm off to a flying start...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Carol Ann Duffy just wrote a poem that is a rewound/backward image of men fighting in the first world war.

Unless :eek: what? :teeth:
    Unless the examiner is a pervy old man or our teacher is feeling terribly liberal? :teeth: She actually specified last week that our pieces couldn't be sexy but my friend might just write it for the hell of it. :p:

Btw, is showing another AH English candidate your creative work before you send it off classified as cheating?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bassmonkey)
    Michael, I'm STILL ALIVE! And rather bored in Gatwick.

An ATM also swallowed my debit card and I had to cancel it, but otherwise I'm off to a flying start...
    I'm proud of you Eilidh :yep: Not for losing your debit card though!

At least you're not the only one... Miriam and Morag have lost theirs too recently haven't they? I hang out with too many clueless people :p:

Although in your defence it wasn't really your fault...

(Original post by Ronar)

*Death march plays*

I hate my cat lol!
    Beautiful fluffy cat :love: Evil eyes!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.