Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

6th Years and Leavers :: Chat Thread #1 Watch

• View Poll Results: Highest Mark in the AH Maths Prelim :: YOUR BETS (Votes are public)
    namedeprived
    21.74%
    Ape Gone Insane [No one's going to vote for me ]
    26.09%
    Me, I take AH Maths!
    21.74%
    APE! You wasted your one chance of a poll...on THIS! NOOOOOO
    30.43%

(Original post by Kirsteneg)
    MacCaig?
    Woolf?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArcadiaHouse)
    :ninja: In reality I belive that life is beautiful :puppyeyes:
    yay! :awesome:

(Original post by LuhLah)
    Going to strathy on tuesday :awesome:
    I know someone who got AAAAC in fifth year and for Accounts at Strathclyde he needs another AAA in sixth year. :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kirsteneg)
    I went to the (bio)medical science talk and the english one as well, collected lots of freebies and walked around the campus. Want to go back next time and look at accomodation with a few friends.
    When I went, I was shocked by how lovely the campus was. Did you not see any accomodation? I've yet to see what Hillhead is like.

Sleep well everyone.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, but I'm leaning towards Glasgow atm :daydreaming: Glasgow looks like Hogwarts while Edinburgh looks a bit like an office block. I wish it was more aesthetically pleasing as the English course is kick-ass. I keep changing my mind though
    If you want a university where the students just love everything about (except maybe buildings and actually having to do the work) check out stirling

Glasgow is crappy for student support and the students there are kinda apathetic towards uni and at stirling it seems people don't want to leave ( spoke to 3 people who just graduated and they were so jealous of me being a fresher again)

I mean everyone thought glsgow uni was going to 'be my thing' and I detested every aspec of the open day except the buildings. I must admit..the buildings were delicious

ReputationRep:
    I know someone who got AAAAC in fifth year and for Accounts at Strathclyde he needs another AAA in sixth year. :lolwut:
    I got those grades for that subject, and got a conditional for a B in 6th year from Glasgow. Was like WTF!!! haha

ReputationRep:
    Can you plan individual visits for a lot of unis? I'm applying for:

Glasgow (Biomed)
    Strath (Biomed)
    Cale (Biomed)
    Aberdeen (Biomed (pharmacology))
    Abertay (nordic studies biomed)

I can get to all the glasgow unis fine on individual visit, it's just the other two that I'll have a problem with, esp Aberdeen. Being from ayrshire, I'll prolly have to book a hotel room or something lol.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Woolf?
    Duffy?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by rosie9391)
    When I went, I was shocked by how lovely the campus was. Did you not see any accomodation? I've yet to see what Hillhead is like.
    Nope. Couldn't when there was the prospeect of TGI Fridays. :p: I also wanted to see the new sports village but we just drove by it instead.

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: They kept that top one quiet at the Open Day.
    It's formally belongs to Divinities but is used fairly widely both in and outside the university. I think there are good parts of Edinburgh that are actually very beautiful, although I got used to them during my time there.

Tbh, none of the English departments I visited blew me away: but it's the content I'm more interested in rather than the building.
    Of course. Although I have to admit to being a little bit of an aesthete, which did factor into my university applications perhaps fractionally more than it should have done! :o: Since I don't know much about this, and I'm nosy: what kind of variations are there in the content of English degrees?

ReputationRep:
    O chit.

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut:

Was he applying for Second year entry? Or were some of those subjects Intermediate 2's?

ReputationRep:
    Can you plan individual visits for a lot of unis?
    Yes. Admissions offices are, in general, more than willing to bend over backwards to help you. For example, I decided at the last minute (i.e. after the open day) that I would like to have a look at Imperial. I ended up exchanging emails up to about 11 at night arranging to be added to a taster course that they were running something like 3 days later.

However, you will get a better experience from going to the 'proper' open days.

ReputationRep:

Glasgow (Biomed)
    Strath (Biomed)
    Cale (Biomed)

I can get to all the glasgow unis fine on individual visit, it's just the other two that I'll have a problem with, esp Aberdeen. Being from ayrshire, I'll prolly have to book a hotel room or something lol.
    Yeah you can have as many as you want if you can't make it :yep: I went on an individual visit to Aberdeen and it was great, got a friend and her mates to show me around. If you are in Aberdeen give me a shout :p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper

Glasgow (Biomed)
    Strath (Biomed)
    Cale (Biomed)

You can just get a bus or a train earlyish and get one back within a day easily. Definately check Aberdeen out - their biomed degrees are the second best in scotland, behind edinburgh apparently.

O chit.

Don't worry, he's done zero research into unis and probably misread :p: My bro got in with ABBCD, fyi.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheUnbeliever)
    Yes. Admissions offices are, in general, more than willing to bend over backwards to help you. For example, I decided at the last minute (i.e. after the open day) that I would like to have a look at Imperial. I ended up exchanging emails up to about 11 at night arranging to be added to a taster course that they were running something like 3 days later.
    Wewt. Thank jebus I have thursdays off :woo:

However, you will get a better experience from going to the 'proper' open days.
    Meh, better than nothing I suppose.

K, time for me to get mai emails a-goin.

ReputationRep:
    Wewt. Thank jebus I have thursdays off :woo:

Meh, better than nothing I suppose.
    What happened to stirling!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.