Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

6th Years and Leavers :: Chat Thread #1 Watch

• View Poll Results: Highest Mark in the AH Maths Prelim :: YOUR BETS (Votes are public)
    namedeprived
    21.74%
    Ape Gone Insane [No one's going to vote for me ]
    26.09%
    Me, I take AH Maths!
    21.74%
    APE! You wasted your one chance of a poll...on THIS! NOOOOOO
    30.43%

ReputationRep:
    yeh it does.

Even the photos of the flood u had made it look pretty pretty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronar)
    Lol my old school alone has 1,800 students :P and I don't even live in glasgow anymore haha I live in a town outside it

Aww I wish I was brought up on an island..sounds really nice
    Nope, you don't :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronar)
    Compared to Glasgow aberdeens like a giant hug

Though I guess every place has it's good bits and bad bits..though the place where I get my bus had someone stabbed to death 2 weeks ago and it's meant to be a nice place O.o
    True, guess it's what you fell comfortable with. Yeah, eveywhere has it's positives and negatives but you tend to hear more about the larger cities which in my eyes can be off putting.

My impressions before visiting Glasgow were rather poor but once I got an actually feel for the city, culture and atmosphere going on there I had changed views completely :yep: So hopefully Aberdeen will prove the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nessiehibs)
    ha, nice.

FYI... I couldnt resist the temptation to 'poke' you on fb, :P
    :shock: What the hell is a FB poke? :p: Not liking the sound of that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosie9391)
    True, guess it's what you fell comfortable with. Yeah, eveywhere has it's positives and negatives but you tend to hear more about the larger cities which in my eyes can be off putting.

My impressions before visiting Glasgow were rather poor but once I got an actually feel for the city, culture and atmosphere going on there I had changed views completely :yep: So hopefully Aberdeen will prove the same.
    The city centres will be fine, just don't stray off into unknown territory..I mean 20 minutes in one direction and your at glasgow uni and 20 minutes in the opposite direction and your in the calton

'Glasgow has the lowest life expectancy of any UK city at 72.9 years.[42] Much was made of this during the 2008 Glasgow East by-election.[43] In 2008, a World Health Organisation report about health inequalities, revealing that male life expectancy varied from 54 in Calton to 82 in nearby Lenzie, East Dunbartonshire.[44][45]'

Half my family live in the calton and my dad was brought up there..not a very fun place lol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronar)
    Lol my old school alone has 1,800 students :P and I don't even live in glasgow anymore haha I live in a town outside it

Aww I wish I was brought up on an island..sounds really nice
    :eek: Mine has about 650 student's and 48 6th years!
    Yeah, I would love some Island living, one day I will.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meteorshower)
    Is it not all communityish and local shops and beaches and farms

:love:

Okay, I say this but I know i'd be bored **** less if I actually lived there..but then again if i'd been brought up in a nicer place I might be a better person now

hm

ReputationRep:
    What do you not like about it? Probably harder growing up as a child than living there once your older though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronar)
    The city centres will be fine, just don't stray off into unknown territory..I mean 20 minutes in one direction and your at glasgow uni and 20 minutes in the opposite direction and your in the calton

'Glasgow has the lowest life expectancy of any UK city at 72.9 years.[42] Much was made of this during the 2008 Glasgow East by-election.[43] In 2008, a World Health Organisation report about health inequalities, revealing that male life expectancy varied from 54 in Calton to 82 in nearby Lenzie, East Dunbartonshire.[44][45]'

Half my family live in the calton and my dad was brought up there..not a very fun place lol!
    When ever I go, I stay in the west end with my auntie so just love the whole university side of town, architecture etc. Was however, freaked out about travelling on the underground!

ReputationRep:
    What do you not like about it? Probably harder growing up as a child than living there once your older though.
    The isolation. I live ridiculous distances from all my friends.

ReputationRep:
    When ever I go, I stay in the west end with my auntie so just love the whole university side of town, architecture etc. Was however, freaked out about travelling on the underground!
    I don't use the underground, too in for me

I use busses.
    I hate..busses...more than anything else

Oh, campus university, how I look forward to getting up nd having a ten minute walk to class..no busses....:love:

ReputationRep:
    The isolation. I live ridiculous distances from all my friends.
    I like that appeal of isolation but with friends, yeah it's going to be hard seeing them outside school especially if your parent's are working and you don't drive or that
    If you had the choice would you stick to Shetland or move to the mainland?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronar)

I use busses.

Oh, campus university, how I look forward to getting up nd having a ten minute walk to class..no busses....:love:
    I'm within walking distance of everything, town centre is 10 mins away and school was 30 an hour so don't really use puplic transport at home :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'm within walking distance of everything, town centre is 10 mins away and school was 30 an hour so don't really use puplic transport at home :p:
    omg why are you leaving, sign up for the ou now and never leave the heaven place which doesnt have busses and lots of beaches

ReputationRep:
    I like that appeal of isolation but with friends, yeah it's going to be hard seeing them outside school especially if your parent's are working and you don't drive or that
    If you had the choice would you stick to Shetland or move to the mainland?
    Mainland definitely. I'm ridiculously fed up of it :p:

ReputationRep:
    I hate ayr :awesome: The only awesome thing about it is the trillions of castles and the history of it. It's a huge timewarp.

I've developed this unhealthy obsession with Greenan Castle thats on Ayr Beach, I just think it's beautiful:

I did fall trying to walk up the slope, but the view from it was just amazing. The 'Heads of Ayr' are brilliant too:

Spoiler:
    Show

:awesome: It's still a ******** lol. 900 year old, but, meh. It's mainly made up of towers, old ruins, forts and castles.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronar)
    omg why are you leaving, sign up for the ou now and never leave the heaven place which doesnt have busses and lots of beaches
    See the thing is I'm atually finding it too big and it's growning in size at enormous rates oh and the beaches of the Moray Firth are only 6 miles away (avoid buses and go a cycle run to the coast) :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronar)

I use busses.

Correct! I hate buses, stagecoach and the ******* window that rattles all the time. Plus I always get the seat that smells like pot noodle. :puke:

ReputationRep:
    Mainland definitely. I'm ridiculously fed up of it :p:
    Soon off to uni anyway but you'll miss that awesome geographical location with your aurorae, meteor showers, tombolas and milky way sightings...no I'm not jealous at all :p:

ReputationRep:
    Right, I'm off to bed. Got to be able to get up for stupid Tesco tomorrow

:ciao:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.