Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

6th Years and Leavers :: Chat Thread #1 Watch

• View Poll Results: Highest Mark in the AH Maths Prelim :: YOUR BETS (Votes are public)
    namedeprived
    21.74%
    Ape Gone Insane [No one's going to vote for me ]
    26.09%
    Me, I take AH Maths!
    21.74%
    APE! You wasted your one chance of a poll...on THIS! NOOOOOO
    30.43%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosie9391)
    Aww, not so good then :hugs: You probably would have been tired after all that so might of got a decent mornings sleep! If they're is a next time, try some proper walking boot's :p:

Me, meh...don't like today's date and double meh as I start work at 4, bloody brillant! :rolleyes:
    Yeah i'm still pretty tired :p: Got to bed at 6! Just closed the door when my dad woke up and went to the toilet!

What's wrong with today's date? And ah well, at least you wont have to work their much longer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    If only your Maths was as bad as your English. Arcadia would have a fit: "Payed > Paid" :p:

Oh, haha, :p: :p: I disagree with some of the moderators and agree with some. But this was the first time I was repped by one in helping with ideas for the the progression/growth of the forum ...

+300 - Rep comment
    Earlier in the week I was *that* close to negging you for spamming in About :p: (I negged poor Afcwimbledon instead, which I already feel guilty about ) but the work you're doing on this is energetic, creative, and engaging. I'm still not entirely sure whether I agree, but your enthusiasm is pulling me in, so rep due. :borat: HP

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...7#post21145187
    Oops. I'm sorry Arcadia, it just slipped out! :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronar)
    I thought thinking was just thinking I didn't know there was different ways to do it :p:

I'd advice thinking when meditating..it works, yay
    Would help if I could meditate :p:

ReputationRep:
    BOOM!!!

awkward silence destroyed.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by nessiehibs)
    BOOM!!!

awkward silence destroyed.
    ARGGGGH!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kirsteneg)
    ARGGGGH!
    care to expand? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meteorshower)
    Would help if I could meditate :p:
    Lol it's easy enough to do the basic stuff, just counting breathing and concentrating on the body working and not thinking basically

Then when you 'wake up' your mind seems so much clearer and relaxed because you basically give it a 20 minute break

there's loadsa guides on tinternet, give it a try

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronar)
    Lol it's easy enough to do the basic stuff, just counting breathing and concentrating on the body working and not thinking basically

Then when you 'wake up' your mind seems so much clearer and relaxed because you basically give it a 20 minute break

there's loadsa guides on tinternet, give it a try
    Sorry, I should have been clearer - I know the premise behind it but i've never been able to do it or make it work for me.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, I should have been clearer - I know the premise behind it but i've never been able to do it or make it work for me.
    I thought the same but I did 10 minutes everyday for months, it takes a while but it's really good when you learn

I mean, teaching yourself to not think isn't exactly easy, it''s sad seeing people try it once in a while and then give it up because they can't do it 100% right the first time :p:

Sorry if I sound patroizing lol, I have stressy things so I like to spread the love on what works for me, amazed I haven't done it in a while

Same with excersise lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronar)
    I thought the same but I did 10 minutes everyday for months, it takes a while but it's really good when you learn

I mean, teaching yourself to not think isn't exactly easy, it''s sad seeing people try it once in a while and then give it up because they can't do it 100% right the first time :p:

Sorry if I sound patroizing lol, I have stressy things so I like to spread the love on what works for me, amazed I haven't done it in a while

Same with excersise lol
    I understand where you're coming from, but I've tried all sorts of crap for ages to try and help insomnia etc. Ironically, I just got stressed that I ccouldn't de-stress, so I gave up a couple of years back :p:

ReputationRep:
    I understand where you're coming from, but I've tried all sorts of crap for ages to try and help insomnia etc. Ironically, I just got stressed that I ccouldn't de-stress, so I gave up a couple of years back :p:
    I wouldn't ever advise herbal cigarettes, they would never make me more sleepy, they would never destress me, and I would never pay money for them

Just to make clear here, I'm not advocating drugs

:p:

I love to count my breathing, helps me sleep lol

ReputationRep:
    God, that was exhausting. Who knew getting an Emma Watson thumbnail to resize to the correct proportions to fit on the home page could be so hard.

Damn you IE. As for Firefox: :love:
    I don;''t understand why people think shes so fit, I think shes rather plain lol

ReputationRep:
    In comparison with other girls, I agree with you. They are ordinary girls much better-looking than her. :p:

But she's also really intelligent, witty and rich (not that matters) unlike other "dumb" and "plastic" celebrities (Hint: Megan Fox).
    No doubt if she met me in person I'd get a distastful glare , lol she might not want to catch anything off a commoner like me :P

I was wondering if you could help me with Physics again please, I have another mental block :p:

The question is Q2a on page 46 here. The solution here is what I'm confused about.

I understand that \omega^2 = \frac{v^2}{r^2} (as in the second line), however, as far as I know, the v (of the flywheel) is not the same as the v of the falling mass. If this is the case, why can they take v^2 out as a common factor in the 4th line and do the rest of the algebra, when the two v's aren't actually equivalent??

I've probably just read something incorrectly, or overlooked something like I did with the last question I asked about (the one about a projectile), but this has been driving me mad for the last few hours .

Ta
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by nessiehibs)
    care to expand? :p:
    "BOOM"

Eat a banana.

Haha, I bet you seen the quote and thought I gave an intelligent response.

:sigh:

Sorry.

Ignore me. :sigh:
    Don't get my hopes up like that :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CallumFR)
    I was wondering if you could help me with Physics again please, I have another mental block :p:

The question is Q2a on page 46 here. The solution here is what I'm confused about.

I understand that \omega^2 = \frac{v^2}{r^2} (as in the second line), however, as far as I know, the v (of the flywheel) is not the same as the v of the falling mass. If this is the case, why can they take v^2 out as a common factor in the 4th line and do the rest of the algebra, when the two v's aren't actually equivalent??

I've probably just read something incorrectly, or overlooked something like I did with the last question I asked about (the one about a projectile), but this has been driving me mad for the last few hours .

Ta
    You're gonna kick yourself. The flywheel is tied to a string which is tied to the mass right? Say you were in a car with a rope out the window with some insolent first year attached at the other end. The insolent first year would be going the same speed as the car, because of the rope. Same applies to the flywheel and the mass, don't be confused because there's turny crap involved :yep:

(Original post by CallumFR)
    Don't get my hopes up like that :p:
    You could see it was from Ape, why were your hopes up? :p:

ReputationRep:
    You're gonna kick yourself. The flywheel is tied to a string which is tied to the mass right? Say you were in a car with a rope out the window with some insolent first year attached at the other end. The insolent first year would be going the same speed as the car, because of the rope. Same applies to the flywheel and the mass, don't be confused because there's turny crap involved :yep:

I like your first year analogy. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by namedeprived)
    I like your first year analogy. :p:
    It's a long standing tradition of mine to have analogies with first years :p: Made for some interesting teaching!

*feels very silly* :o: Thank you!

Ehm, giving the existence of miracles a chance I guess

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.