Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

6th Years and Leavers :: Chat Thread #1 Watch

• View Poll Results: Highest Mark in the AH Maths Prelim :: YOUR BETS (Votes are public)
    namedeprived
    21.74%
    Ape Gone Insane [No one's going to vote for me ]
    26.09%
    Me, I take AH Maths!
    21.74%
    APE! You wasted your one chance of a poll...on THIS! NOOOOOO
    30.43%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kirsteneg)
    each period is 40 mins, break is 15 mins and lunch is 55 mins.
    Awh that's why you have more; our periods last longer and lunch is shorter.

ReputationRep:
    2 periods, break, 2 periods, lunch, 2 periods, home.

A period varies between 50 minutes and an hour. Lunch lasts 40 minutes, break is 15 minutes

ReputationRep:
    blah blah blah
    Thanks for the rep.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by namedeprived)
    Thanks for the rep.
    Your welcome...and thank you!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    who said this...
    "A B is a great grade; anyone who says otherwise is spouting twaddle!"

I NEED to know so I can thank them. :woo:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Thanks to Rosie

ReputationRep:
    Thanks to Rosie
    :p:
    Night people, off to bed since I've got to get up in 4 hours - is it actually worth going?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosie9391)
    :p:
    Night people, off to bed since I've got to get up in 4 hours - is it actually worth going?!
    Yes it is

3 hours sleep > no sleep

This is what I tell people who tell me to get more sleep.

Night
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Night Rosie!

ReputationRep:
    I watched the Perseids! :woo: Sadly, I appear to have forgotten rather a lot of the constellations I once knew...

"A B is a great grade; anyone who says otherwise is spouting twaddle!"
    That was me.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by TheUnbeliever)
    I watched the Perseids! :woo: Sadly, I appear to have forgotten rather a lot of the constellations I once knew...

That was me.
    Thanks. You are on my rep list.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Night folks!

ReputationRep:
    Night folks!
    Nightttt xx
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Our periods are 40 mins, don't know if that's the same for you guys? :cool:
    Our periods last about 50/55 minutes atm. Break is 15 mins and lunch is either 1 hour or 50 minutes depending on early lunches. But the schools totally changing that I think :p:

ReputationRep:
    At meine Schule, starting the 19th we've 7 periods per day and school officially starts at 8:50am (:mad: ). Ridiculous. According to the school itself, of course, this initiative is underway as a measure to ensure a broader and more robust education -- in other words it saves them money somehow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pedrobear)
    At meine Schule, starting the 19th we've 7 periods per day and school officially starts at 8:50am (:mad: ). Ridiculous. According to the school itself, of course, this initiative is underway as a measure to ensure a broader and more robust education -- in other words it saves them money somehow.
    We had 7 proper taught periods on a Monday. and 6 the rest of the week! But it counted as 7 on Tuesday -Friday just to not mess up the timetable, its a 'tutor time' which is basically just 25minutes of regi!

We finished at 3.10 those days and 3.35 on Monday. All started at 8.50.

ReputationRep:
    You think 8:50am is bad? That's when my school used to start..being changed to 8:30am! :mad:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Rachely)
    You think 8:50am is bad? That's when my school used to start..being changed to 8:30am!
    :hahaha: :ninjagirl:

ReputationRep:
    Since Last year our school starts at 8:50am and finshes at 3:55pm on Monday and 3:05pm the rest of the week. Lunch lasts 40 mins and break is 15mins. Periods last 50mins.

Can anyone recommend if it is better to do Higher Biology or Higher Human Biology ?

ReputationRep:
    Umm, what will happen if all the schools close for the Swine Flu thing, won't you miss out on a lot of work?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.