Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

6th Years and Leavers :: Chat Thread #1 Watch

• View Poll Results: Highest Mark in the AH Maths Prelim :: YOUR BETS (Votes are public)
    namedeprived
    21.74%
    Ape Gone Insane [No one's going to vote for me ]
    26.09%
    Me, I take AH Maths!
    21.74%
    APE! You wasted your one chance of a poll...on THIS! NOOOOOO
    30.43%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kirsteneg)
    Was actually pretty decent, and a laugh.
    Oh my! Guess who else was on that biology trip :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nessiehibs)
    Live in Fife, moving to Edinburgh on saturday, going to edinburgh uni to do business and accountacy.

Thats about it for now :P

Yourself?
    Wowzers, you win. My life isn't half as exciting!

Moved to aberdeen from glasgow a few years back... now in sixth year aplying to medicine (hopefully at glasgow) this year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by acas13)
    Wowzers, you win. My life isn't half as exciting!

Moved to aberdeen from glasgow a few years back... now in sixth year aplying to medicine (hopefully at glasgow) this year!
    Ha, there was hardly anything exciting mentioned, but since you made good use of the word 'wowzers' its fine :P

Nice one :P Hows 6th year working out?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Oh my! Guess who else was on that biology trip :ninja:
    You?! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Ha, there was hardly anything exciting mentioned, but since you made good use of the word 'wowzers' its fine :P

Nice one :P Hows 6th year working out?
    Haha moving to Edinburgh is pretty exciting if you ask me! But yeah, wowzers is the new 'it' word, dont cha know :rolleyes:

6th year is ok, good banter, but 20 free periods a week gets a tad boring!

ReputationRep:
    You?! :eek:
    Indeed I was, how weird! I want to know who you were!!! I was gutted when the banding malarchy didn't show up, my biology experiments never work...

ReputationRep:
    Haha moving to Edinburgh is pretty exciting if you ask me! But yeah, wowzers is the new 'it' word, dont cha know :rolleyes:

6th year is ok, good banter, but 20 free periods a week gets a tad boring!
    I wasnt aware of it, although i have been using it when possible lately. :yep:

You likely to get an unconditional with the grades you got in 5th year?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Indeed I was, how weird! I want to know who you were!!! I was gutted when the banding malarchy didn't show up, my biology experiments never work...
    stay here. I have to go off for 15mins. We must talk.

ReputationRep:
    I wasnt aware of it, although i have been using it when possible lately. :yep:

You likely to get an unconditional with the grades you got in 5th year?
    I got 5 A's but its still impossible to get an unconditional from Glasgow, they always offer conditionals to school leavers but hopefully if I get an offer it will be BCC in my advanced highers, which I could prob manage with a bit of effort!

ReputationRep:
    stay here. I have to go off for 15mins. We must talk.
    Deal. But hurry, the excitment is killing me!

ReputationRep:
    I got 5 A's but its still impossible to get an unconditional from Glasgow, they always offer conditionals to school leavers but hopefully if I get an offer it will be BCC in my advanced highers, which I could prob manage with a bit of effort!
    Is that for medicine? It really annoys me they don't do unconditionals when most places in Scotland dont for med. Not sure about whole PBL thing though - hope it is explained tomorrow at the open day.

ReputationRep:
    they always offer conditionals to school leavers
    is that for all courses or just for medicine?

i think i'm gonna go to the open day tomorrow as well.

ReputationRep:
    At school it is like "who isn't going to the Glasgow open day?", so I won't miss much this time (unlike last week when I went to Aberdeen and Dundee open days and had loads of work to do )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheRabbit)
    Is that for medicine? It really annoys me they don't do unconditionals when most places in Scotland dont for med. Not sure about whole PBL thing though - hope it is explained tomorrow at the open day.
    Ah me too, but I love the city and the new medical school building looks amazing! I will be there tomoro too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dado Prso)
    is that for all courses or just for medicine?

i think i'm gonna go to the open day tomorrow as well.
    Just medicine I think, unless you havn't met the entry requirements for the course obv
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Deal. But hurry, the excitment is killing me!
    soooo. Ha. What a coincidence. I think our one worked but we kept forgetting to put the yellow tip thing on the pipette. Which school were you, not like that would actually make much of a difference :p:

ReputationRep:
    hmmm, yeh, Glasgow gave me a conditional now that i think about it. Was only 1 B at higher level though. So i wouldnt think they would give you that much of a condition.

Dont underestimate how easy it is to give up in 6th year. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    I keep reading Paedobear :sigh:
    Then it's worked.

I would look out for you, but I have no idea what you look like in person
    Haha, well if you see a timid boy with scruffy hair, a black leather shoulder bag and thick black D&G glasses, accompanied by his mother, it is probably me (or any number of people who may fit that somewhat generic description. I can't do with pictures online -- scared of Paedobears).

ReputationRep:
    soooo. Ha. What a coincidence. I think our one worked but we kept forgetting to put the yellow tip thing on the pipette. Which school were you, not like that would actually make much of a difference :p:
    Aboyne, there was only like four of us!
    You? what table were you sitting at in the lab...? hah.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Aboyne, there was only like four of us!
    You? what table were you sitting at in the lab...? hah.
    Turriff. When you walk into the lab, at the wall opposite the door, slightly to the left. I was sitting at a table with a really tall guy from my school with glasses, and our biology head was small, white hair and glasses (man by the way ) And for the lectures we sat the first/second row of people on the left. You?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.