Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

6th Years and Leavers :: Chat Thread #1 watch

• View Poll Results: Highest Mark in the AH Maths Prelim :: YOUR BETS (Votes are public)
    namedeprived
    21.74%
    Ape Gone Insane [No one's going to vote for me ]
    26.09%
    Me, I take AH Maths!
    21.74%
    APE! You wasted your one chance of a poll...on THIS! NOOOOOO
    30.43%

ReputationRep:
    Boyfreinds 18th was good

Went to glasgow open day today but we didn't actually go into the uni :P Just sat about kelvingrove

moving away soon, oh yeahh
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by nessiehibs)
    defo.

What time is it? E4 or C4?

ta :P:
    Channel 4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kirsteneg)
    Channel 4
    Awesome

Cheers. Hopefully, Im home in time for it. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronar)
    moving away soon, oh yeahh
    Sounding positive! You looking forward to it a bit more, now?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by nessiehibs)
    Awesome

Cheers. Hopefully, Im home in time for it. :p:
    so why doesn't he just do the lottery every week to win it?

ReputationRep:
    Ugh. I, along with 5 other people in the class, screwed up our UCAS registration :mmm: We accidently put "individual students" lol, just waiting on the college to change it to "applying through college" or deleting my whole pitiful registration so I have to re-register lol, trust me and my lack of sleep :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheUnbeliever)
    Sounding positive! You looking forward to it a bit more, now?
    It's more that I know that my friends and family are still going to be there for me, it's like before there was a subconcious worry there sbout that but I know now that it will be fine

Strange lol

whens cambs?

ReputationRep:
    Dunno.

Id be more impressed if he had an actual ticket for tonights draw (with the time purchased on it if they do that) and either destroyed the ticket or gave winnings to charity. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Because he cheated :p:

ReputationRep:
    It's the quietest I've seen it in here for a while!

I missed that Derren Brown show

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronar)
    It's more that I know that my friends and family are still going to be there for me, it's like before there was a subconcious worry there sbout that but I know now that it will be fine
    Good stuff You should enjoy it, I'm feeling really envious of all the people who're off on jollies at university already.

whens cambs?
    About three and a half weeks. I arrive in college on the 3rd, so we're heading down on the 2nd and breaking the journey up with a stay overnight at a Travel Inn or something. Not sure on exactly how we're doing it yet: if we all go together, we have to take the big car, which I can't drive; but if we take the small car, I can share the driving, but not everyone can go (so the drive back will be horrible for one person).

ReputationRep:
    Good stuff You should enjoy it, I'm feeling really envious of all the people who're off on jollies at university already.

About three and a half weeks. I arrive in college on the 3rd, so we're heading down on the 2nd and breaking the journey up with a stay overnight at a Travel Inn or something. Not sure on exactly how we're doing it yet: if we all go together, we have to take the big car, which I can't drive; but if we take the small car, I can share the driving, but not everyone can go (so the drive back will be horrible for one person).
    Three an a half weeks ! :zomg:
    That's so long, here's everyone with me bored and looking forward to uni in the next week haha
    Can't you just slam down the motorway at like 3 in the morning and get there for like 11 :p: That what we'd do
    Take the big car, You will want the space

Lol i'll keep regular updates about how i'm getting on and hopefully settling your minds

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronar)
    Lol i'll keep regular updates about how i'm getting on and hopefully settling your minds
    Yeah do :p: My friend will be on part of your course!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosie9391)
    Yeah do :p: My friend will be on part of your course!
    Ooh, awesome

Don't tell her the reason I know you is because I sit on forums all day long xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronar)
    Ooh, awesome

Don't tell her the reason I know you is because I sit on forums all day long xD
    Same goes to you :p: She's doing Politics and Sociology :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I'm flying down. Don't trust my mum with the driving, she passed two months after I did (yes you read that right :yep: ). Hopefully one big suitcase will be all I need. I'm hoping to squeeze a printer into the case too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukdragon37)
    I'm flying down. Don't trust my mum with the driving, she passed two months after I did (yes you read that right :yep: ). Hopefully one big suitcase will be all I need. I'm hoping to squeeze a printer into the case too.
    Heh, both my parents have more than 3 decades of driving on me. :p: You must be much more efficient (or, at least, planning on living much more frugally) than I am if you can manage with just a suitcase! I'm looking at maybe one rolling duffel bag and then a handful of large plastic boxes, plus a couple other small bags (laptop, messenger bag).

ReputationRep:
    Heh, both my parents have more than 3 decades of driving on me. :p: You must be much more efficient (or, at least, planning on living much more frugally) than I am if you can manage with just a suitcase! I'm looking at maybe one rolling duffel bag and then a handful of large plastic boxes, plus a couple other small bags (laptop, messenger bag).
    I don't have much clothes to take with me and I could always buy what I need in Cambridge.

I might be arriving on the 1st or 2nd by the way, due to the possible IET interview on the 30th and unhelpful flight times. I also have a splenectomy scheduled before then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukdragon37)
    I don't have much clothes to take with me and I could always buy what I need in Cambridge.
    I'm not planning on going nuts with clothes, but as I think about it, I'm hardly travelling light (couple shirts and ties, two suits, few t-shirts and jeans, a couple warmer cardigans and a winter jacket). Might grab a couple vacuum bags for soft things.

I might be arriving on the 1st or 2nd by the way, due to the possible IET interview on the 30th and unhelpful flight times. I also have a splenectomy scheduled before then
    Oh, best of luck with that interview, if I haven't already done that! What's the splenectomy for, if you don't mind me asking? Nothing serious, I hope.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, best of luck with that interview, if I haven't already done that! What's the splenectomy for, if you don't mind me asking? Nothing serious, I hope.
    It's for ITP. I actually only found out I had it a month ago and my haematologist wants it treated quickly before I have to move healthcare.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.