Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

6th Years and Leavers :: Chat Thread #1 Watch

• View Poll Results: Highest Mark in the AH Maths Prelim :: YOUR BETS (Votes are public)
    namedeprived
    21.74%
    Ape Gone Insane [No one's going to vote for me ]
    26.09%
    Me, I take AH Maths!
    21.74%
    APE! You wasted your one chance of a poll...on THIS! NOOOOOO
    30.43%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akj08)
    Yeah definitely
    Haha, she's gone home though:p:
    You all ready to go? When do you leave?

Thanks for the rep
    Aww that's unlucky for her!

I'm not ready, haven't even thought about starting packing yet :p:
    Leave on Wednesday night though :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meteorshower)
    Aww that's unlucky for her!

I'm not ready, haven't even thought about starting packing yet :p:
    Leave on Wednesday night though :eek:
    Yeah don't worry about packing I did it all the day before....
    How come you're going on Wednesday? Are you staying for there for a few days before you move in? I guess it's quite far from Shetland:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akj08)
    Hi folks, thought I'd make an appearance
    How is everyone?
    :wavey:
    You've survived fresher week so far! :p: Any tips for the first week?

Don't go until the 19th and haven't started to pack. I'll get there eventually. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosie9391)
    You've survived fresher week so far! :p: Any tips for the first week?

Don't go until the 19th and haven't started to pack. I'll get there eventually. :p:
    Em, I would say just do what you want to do; don't feel you have to go out/drink excessively every night if you don't want to, just be yourself. Distract yourself if you get homesick; watch a DVD; go make something to eat and speak to the other people in the kitchen etc., it really helps. I spent too long sitting around and thinking about missing stuff:o:

And sort out all the free stuff as you go, otherwise you end up with a desk literally completely covered in it at the end of the week:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akj08)
    Yeah don't worry about packing I did it all the day before....
    How come you're going on Wednesday? Are you staying for there for a few days before you move in? I guess it's quite far from Shetland:p:
    I've been roped into staying with my grandparents for a couple of days before hand! It's not *that* far from Shetland, we just have a bit of water in the way which makes is somewhat inconvenient!

Did you find there were many people not drinking all that much? I'm a bit worried about that side of things...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akj08)
    Em, I would say just do what you want to do; don't feel you have to go out/drink excessively every night if you don't want to, just be yourself. Distract yourself if you get homesick; watch a DVD; go make something to eat and speak to the other people in the kitchen etc., it really helps. I spent too long sitting around and thinking about missing stuff:o:

And sort out all the free stuff as you go, otherwise you end up with a desk literally completely covered in it at the end of the week:p:
    Thanks :p: So was there a lot of people there who don't drink? I keep getting told just to leave the door open and speak to people as they go by.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I'm off for the night. Whoever see's me on here tomorrow, please tell me to get off and do my english, music and biology stuff please!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meteorshower)
    I've been roped into staying with my grandparents for a couple of days before hand! It's not *that* far from Shetland, we just have a bit of water in the way which makes is somewhat inconvenient!

Did you find there were many people not drinking all that much? I'm a bit worried about that side of things...
    Yeah I guess it's not far actually, east coast I suppose. Aw that's nice to see them before you go

Honestly, yes, there's a lot of drinking. I've been in some situations where it's been really quite vulgar, and I've found that situation quite difficult. I've not participated in it though, because it's really not me and I wasn't going to be pressured into it. No-one is really judgmental about it though, which is good; I've had no problems with people questioning me. I've got no problems with the people, everyone has been really friendly, I just don't like it when everyone around me is drunk:o:

It is just one week though, and don't be put off by people who appear that they are having the best time of their life if you're not, a lot are pretending - I know this from some revealing late night conversations. Although there might be uncomfortable situations when you don't know many people, you'll get through it and find people you get on with really well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosie9391)
    Thanks :p: So was there a lot of people there who don't drink? I keep getting told just to leave the door open and speak to people as they go by.
    A few, yeah. At the moment I've only really found the two extremes, those who never drink, and those who get wasted every night. I think much of the drunken group will settle down next week though:p: I'm kind of in the middle, but I haven't gone in for the whole "It's freshers so I must be permanently drunk/hungover" routine, which just seems ridiculous and cliched to me.

Leaving the door open is a good idea, it helps if you have a box of sweets/biscuits aswell I'm in a flat so we've mostly had gatherings in the kitchen which has been good.

ReputationRep:
    running through Edin at 6 in the morning haha... quality!

ReputationRep:
    Ugh I miss my friends who've gone to Edinburgh :p:

I'm all jealous of you now Nessie!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akj08)
    A few, yeah. At the moment I've only really found the two extremes, those who never drink, and those who get wasted every night. I think much of the drunken group will settle down next week though:p: I'm kind of in the middle, but I haven't gone in for the whole "It's freshers so I must be permanently drunk/hungover" routine, which just seems ridiculous and cliched to me.

Leaving the door open is a good idea, it helps if you have a box of sweets/biscuits aswell I'm in a flat so we've mostly had gatherings in the kitchen which has been good.
    I'll have to get a tin of roses or something :p: So what activites have you done this week which don't involve the whole clubbing scene?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nessiehibs)
    running through Edin at 6 in the morning haha... quality!
    So how was your first day? Flat mates ok?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    :eek3: This time next year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kirsteneg)
    :eek3: This time next year
    Get off TSR and do your English/Biology/Music work.

ReputationRep:
    Where has everyone came from, just up! :p:

ReputationRep:
    What kind of Pokemon are you?
    How do you do the things you do?
    Share with me your secrets deep inside
    Are you loyal through and through?
    Do you have a heart that's true?

Take your NORMAL type like Jigglypuff
    Against the GHOSTLY Gengar the battle's real tough
    Yeah, thunderbolt's a great ELECTRIC attack
    'Til you get GROUND down by a Marowak

Don't you BUG me with a Caterpie
    For a FLYING type the win's easy
    Good Luck with Muk and POISON gas
    Make one wrong move and it'll kick your GRASS

How do you do the things you do?
    Share with me your secrets deep inside
    Are you loyal through and through?
    Do you have a heart that true?

Reach higher with FIRE-go Flareon!
    Think twice about ICE to be number one
    WATER's in order if you wanna to be slick

Mewtwo's the best bet when you get PSYCHIC

Hitmonlee's the key for your FIGHTING mood
    And you can ROCK 'n roll with a Geodude
    Dratini comes first when you choose DRAGON
    But evolution's the solution if you're gonna win!

--W.B. Yeats, 1924

ReputationRep:
    And I thought you were cool Pedrobear :p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by namedeprived)
    Get off TSR and do your English/Biology/Music work.
    YAY! Thanks.
    I'm trying to do my english stuff just now. This is a really stupid question, but how do you print stuff off of microsft word 2007? I've never used it before and can't find it!! :ashamed:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kirsteneg)
    YAY! Thanks.
    I'm trying to do my english stuff just now. This is a really stupid question, but how do you print stuff off of microsft word 2007? I've never used it before and can't find it!! :ashamed:
    Ctrl + P?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.