Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

6th Years and Leavers :: Chat Thread #1 Watch

• View Poll Results: Highest Mark in the AH Maths Prelim :: YOUR BETS (Votes are public)
    namedeprived
    21.74%
    Ape Gone Insane [No one's going to vote for me ]
    26.09%
    Me, I take AH Maths!
    21.74%
    APE! You wasted your one chance of a poll...on THIS! NOOOOOO
    30.43%

• PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by obscurename)
    I just saw something hilarious, if a little...bad.
    that's terrible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kirsteneg)
    Really?! Suppose, 3 months! 3 months till santa. :woo:
    Yeah all the kids sweeties, don't even start with santa though :p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by rosie9391)
    Yeah all the kids sweeties, don't even start with santa though :p:
    You don't believe in Santa?! :eek: There is a paedophilic undertone in the whole santa thing.

ReputationRep:
    You don't believe in Santa?! :eek: There is a paedophilic undertone in the whole santa thing.
    :eek: I never thought of that, guess it is creepy - old man bringing children presents
    Thanks for ruining my innocence!:p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by akj08)
    :eek: I never thought of that, guess it is creepy - old man bringing children presents
    Thanks for ruining my innocence!:p:
    And creeping into a house in the middle of the night.
    I think your 'childhood innocence' was already ruined by nessiehibs. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Don't say such things about Santa. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    I was more disappointed in the reindeer not being able to fly than santa! 'He see's you when your sleeping...' :p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by rosie9391)
    I was more disappointed in the reindeer not being able to fly than santa! 'He see's you when your sleeping...' :p:
    "he knows if you've been bad or good" :perv: :whip:

ReputationRep:
    And creeping into a house in the middle of the night.
    I think your 'childhood innocence' was already ruined by nessiehibs. :yep:
    Yeah I think that's probably true:o: I'll never be able to see boats purely as a method of traveling across water

ReputationRep:
    One for our freshers' (and applicants, I guess):

Average graduate earnings by university and subject (self-reported, of course).

The sheets (along the bottom) allow you to choose 'subject area' (the first lot), or by specific course (the second lot, beginning with 'Clinical Medicine'). Universities are then listed, firstly by all those with no data, then in descending order of earnings (in bold and ranked is the average). There's also a 'Data' sheet right at the very end with all of this in one massive table.

ReputationRep:
    napier universitys civil engineers are the highest paid civil engineers apparently. i have my doubts about these tables.

ReputationRep:
    If only it were easier to reconcile the prospect of attending a pretty distant university with maintaining a long-term relationship. Trust me to go through 4 years of secondary school as a loner then fall for a girl at the last minute...

ReputationRep:
    Hey guysss.
    How are we all?

I was bored while watching telly today so I went onto the sky interactive services and clicked games where I preceeded to play a game called ''Kitty Wee Wee'' which involved a cat with 'magical' pee, pissing on flowers to kill them.
    Was intresting...

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking I might blog about my time as a fresher...

ReputationRep:
    What's made you think about that? :p:

ReputationRep:
    :p: I admit it seems a little odd...

Firstly, I like writing (but not purely for its own sake; there has to be at least the possibility of an audience!) and it would be an opportunity to develop a style and improve my ability a little. Secondly, there's the peer aspect: a friend at another university is doing something similar, and TSR is hosting a dozen blogs or so of people, both of which brought the idea to my mind. Finally, education and access to education are things I'm interested in, so it would give me cause to properly consider my opinions, and also make an effort to improve the latter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Heyy, I figured you'd be the best person to ask :p:, I'm entering qualifications on UCAS and wasn't sure if the Higher Business Management this year was C010 or C234? Please help :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheUnbeliever)
    I'm thinking I might blog about my time as a fresher...
    Yay! Please do, I'll read :p:

ReputationRep:
    45/50 for a close reading about meteorshowers!!!! :woo: Omg lol it must have been at Int 1 level, I never got that in SG.

I'm going to see Othello on thursday :teehee:

Any ideas for a reflective essay? I'm thinking about when I went into my angst stage and how life became really ughish.

We also did a PPA today, it went quite smoothly.

[/end of day rambles]

ReputationRep:
    I still can't decide on a statement of intent for my personal study I need to have my topic sentences and key quotes by the 30th. Curse you internet for lack of ideas!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.