Turn on thread page Beta

6th Years and Leavers :: Chat Thread #1 watch

• View Poll Results: Highest Mark in the AH Maths Prelim :: YOUR BETS (Votes are public)
    namedeprived
    21.74%
    Ape Gone Insane [No one's going to vote for me ]
    26.09%
    Me, I take AH Maths!
    21.74%
    APE! You wasted your one chance of a poll...on THIS! NOOOOOO
    30.43%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meteorshower)
    The stench of desperation is indeed not an altogether pleasing olfactory experience :p:

Not packed yet btw
    Haha yeah

What have you been doing all day?! Och you don't leave until night anyway, plenty of time in the morning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    LIES!
    OK APE :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    ME HATE A.H MATHS!!!!!

I have become totally disillusioned with everything maths-based since I started this course, and I used to be quite good at it
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    hmmm. The thread suddenly livens up after 4 dormant days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosie9391)
    Haha yeah

What have you been doing all day?! Och you don't leave until night anyway, plenty of time in the morning.
    I have been watching spooks! Almost finished series 6 (last one i have)

Well I need to leave midday and I need to be at the boat by 4:30!

How are you doing with getting ready and everything? Enjoying unemployment? :p:

ReputationRep:
    I have been watching spooks! Almost finished series 6 (last one i have)

Well I need to leave midday and I need to be at the boat by 4:30!

How are you doing with getting ready and everything? Enjoying unemployment? :p:
    Better get a move on then :p:

Hmm...well I made an attempt this morning by laying a few things out but got fed up. :o: Yes, not working is ace, got a phone call last night to go in aswell but they forgot I had left.

Did you go to the quiz?

ReputationRep:
    Better get a move on then :p:

Hmm...well I made an attempt this morning by laying a few things out but got fed up. :o: Yes, not working is ace, got a phone call last night to go in aswell but they forgot I had left.

Did you go to the quizz?
    Haha they forget you left :p: That's pretty funny

I have packed clothes (took five minutes) and a couple of books, my guitars and my laptop came yesterday! Dunno what else to pack really... I'm not a very material guy...

My friend got the day of the quiz wrong which was crap!

ReputationRep:
    Haha they forget you left :p: That's pretty funny

I have packed clothes (took five minutes) and a couple of books, my guitars and my laptop came yesterday! Dunno what else to pack really... I'm not a very material guy...

My friend got the day of the quiz wrong which was crap!
    I was actually wanting to do it as I was so bored but they said no. :rolleyes:

Have you basically just filled a suitcase then? Only personal things I'm taking is my carved african animals from my travels, clothes and laptop.

Aww that's a shame, you'll just have to beat the teachers another time.

ReputationRep:
    I was actually wanting to do it as I was so bored but they said no. :rolleyes:

Have you basically just filled a suitcase then? Only personal things I'm taking is my carved african animals from my travels, clothes and laptop.

Aww that's a shame, you'll just have to beat the teachers another time.
    Haha that's irony, not wanting to do it when you have to and wanting to when you can't :p:

Yeah it was a bit, come Christmas time i'll hopefully have had a little practice at pub quizzes!

Much on tomorrow?

ReputationRep:
    Haha that's irony, not wanting to do it when you have to and wanting to when you can't :p:

Yeah it was a bit, come Christmas time i'll hopefully have had a little practice at pub quizzes!

Much on tomorrow?
    Yeah, I'm hoping Aberdeen will host a few quizzes.

Nothing on tomorrow really but I think my friend is going to come round for a wee while, more like supervise pack since it's been non-existent until today. :p:

Oh, so did you manage to get The Resistance?

ReputationRep:
    3 days until university! :excited:

ReputationRep:
    Argh, how am I going to occupy my time when all the other leavers are gone from here?! It's bad enough having to listen to folks' stories of freshers week already. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheUnbeliever)
    Argh, how am I going to occupy my time when all the other leavers are gone from here?! It's bad enough having to listen to folks' stories of freshers week already. :p:
    Not long now for you either, you could always go on that skiing trip. :p:

Is everything sorted now then, just a matter of packing?

ReputationRep:
    Not long now for you either, you could always go on that skiing trip. :p:
    A bit over 2 weeks, still! :o: The ski trip was organized by the college, though - that's in January, and I've decided I definitely can't go this year. Next year, maybe, if I can manage to get a job.

I should hasten to point out that I was joking, though! I've managed to find things to do, and I don't think I'll have any difficulty filling the next couple weeks.

Is everything sorted now then, just a matter of packing?
    More or less. I have a medical form to return, but otherwise everything is, touch wood, fixed.

ReputationRep:
    A bit over 2 weeks, still! :o: The ski trip was organized by the college, though - that's in January, and I've decided I definitely can't go this year. Next year, maybe, if I can manage to get a job.

I should hasten to point out that I was joking, though! I've managed to find things to do, and I don't think I'll have any difficulty filling the next couple weeks.

More or less. I have a medical form to return, but otherwise everything is, touch wood, fixed.
    Good good, as I was joking about the ski trip. :p:

So what are the plans today? Doing anything exciting?

ReputationRep:
    I never got invited to the IET interviews :cry:

Oh well I had nothing to lose anyway :p:

ReputationRep:
    Oh my jebus

I might be moving up to H Maths Anyone got notes for the first unit?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Are you seriously applying to Abertay (dundee) and not applying to Dundee University? :eek:
    Yes I'm keen to stay in my little western bit down hea' :p:

Thanks for the notes :hugs: Oh and, any tips for someone who got a 3 and will be starting Higher Maths late? I'm a hopeless *****, :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LuhLah)
    Oh my jebus

I might be moving up to H Maths Anyone got notes for the first unit?
    the notes ape linked to seem very good. you should be looking forward to the challenge to be honest, it is a good logical course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukdragon37)
    I never got invited to the IET interviews :cry:

Oh well I had nothing to lose anyway :p:
    Unlucky! There's always next year, huh?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.