Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

6th Years and Leavers :: Chat Thread #1 Watch

• View Poll Results: Highest Mark in the AH Maths Prelim :: YOUR BETS (Votes are public)
    namedeprived
    21.74%
    Ape Gone Insane [No one's going to vote for me ]
    26.09%
    Me, I take AH Maths!
    21.74%
    APE! You wasted your one chance of a poll...on THIS! NOOOOOO
    30.43%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    *Awkward silence continues*

Someone please, please say something controversial so everyone can jump on you and beat you verbally to death.

:awesome:

Getting into Harvard is much, much harder than getting into Oxford. Oxford is a walk in the PARK. :awesome: :awesome:
    Hmm

\pi \not=3.14

:no:

\pi = \mathrm your\ mum

Discuss.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meteorshower)
    You love it when you get a chance to refer to that :p:
    I do! It's a rather beautiful, slightly whimsical way of suggesting that your opponent has Nazi traits and consequently casting aspersions on everything they've said.

Needless to say, it doesn't work so well in formal debates. :p:

How, what does it mean? :teeth:
    It's a well known poem discussing the rise of the Nazis, the precise text of which is debated, but starts something like "first they came for the communists, but I did not speak out, because I was not a communist" and ends along the lines of "and then they came for me, and there was nobody left to speak out!"

ReputationRep:

I'm so cool. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheUnbeliever)
    I do! It's a rather beautiful, slightly whimsical way of suggesting that your opponent has Nazi traits and consequently casting aspersions on everything they've said.

I agree with you :p: I also think of it as pre-empting Godwin's law

ReputationRep:

It's a well known poem discussing the rise of the Nazis, the precise text of which is debated, but starts something like "first they came for the communists, but I did not speak out, because I was not a communist" and ends along the lines of "and then they came for me, and there was nobody left to speak out!"
    You've quoted that on me before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosie9391)
    You've quoted that on me before.
    Well, obviously you shouldn't exhibit nazi tendencies

ReputationRep:
    Cheat. :p:
    As much as I'd really like to admit I did, I didn't. :o:

ReputationRep:
    As much as I'd really like to admit I did, I didn't. :o:
    I think we've all been there man!

I remember the time I was mildly obsessed with various "pi songs"...

ReputationRep:
    Well, obviously you shouldn't exhibit nazi tendencies
    cheek!

How was the journey, not to boring?

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: EastEnders is occasionally worth watching purely for the background music in pubs/clubs/etc. It's too-often apropos to the scene at hand, or ironic, for it to be accidental.

I think we've all been there man!
    I should point out that I memorized it some time ago and don't trot it out as a party piece too often.

*waits for any fellow homosexuals to speak out*
    Fixed.

Thanks all. :love:

(Original post by xo-Heva)
    So jealous of you. Congratulations!
    Can you please spare me some of your magic-job-getting dust? I am in great need... :p:
    My mum was in TK Maxx the other week and asked the manager if they were recruiting, and she said the application forms were just about to be put out. :eek: She spoke to her for about half an hour, and the manager said "You're such a nice lady that I'll look on your daughter's application more favourably" :p: I handed in the form the next day, and a few days later I had a call inviting me to an interview. The interview was on Sunday and I got the call at 5pm today offering me the job!! :woo: On the form I just put my details and the hours I was able to work, not my grades or anything.

ReputationRep:
    cheek!

How was the journey, not to boring?
    The boat was fairly dull, all I had were the pre-installed games on my laptop and Muse to keep me company :p: I pretty much mastered mahjong I reckon!

The car trip wasn't dull, I'm always mesmerised by trees when I come down to the mainland... Then I went shopping and bought a couple of plates and things I kinda wish I was going self-catered now just for the hell of it

How's your packing going? Or shouldn't I ask?

Fixed.

ReputationRep:
    The boat was fairly dull, all I had were the pre-installed games on my laptop and Muse to keep me company :p: I pretty much mastered mahjong I reckon!

The car trip wasn't dull, I'm always mesmerised by trees when I come down to the mainland... Then I went shopping and bought a couple of plates and things I kinda wish I was going self-catered now just for the hell of it

How's your packing going? Or shouldn't I ask?
    Ooh so you managed to buy the album ...I still haven't.
    The tree thing always makes me laugh...you can look at them all the time now from your halls. :p:

Packing :mad: I've got a lot more crap than I thought and can't decide what I want to take, did find a lot of old primary school work which was funny reading over!

ReputationRep:
    Corruption in its vilest form.
    To be honest, I think that there's a very substantial extent to which corruption (be it casual bribery, 'old boys networks' or anything else) makes the world go round.

ReputationRep:
    Ooh so you managed to buy the album ...I still haven't.
    The tree thing always makes me laugh...you can look at them all the time now from your halls. :p:

Packing :mad: I've got a lot more crap than I thought and can't decide what I want to take, did find a lot of old primary school work which was funny reading over!
    Yeah I did, it's on Spotify anyway if you wanna hear it before you get it. The exogenisis symphony is simply divine, especially the first part. That "symphony" as a whole is the best thing Muse have ever done. Slightly disappointed by the lack of *****in' solos but I guess muse have moved slightly on from the insane riffage fests that were Origin of Symmetry and Absolution! But then I guess back then we didn't have the equal insanity of "I belong to you" I haven't laughed so hard in a long time as when I first heard that clarinet solo :p: The foray into R&B with Undisclosed Desires is pretty awesome too :cool:

ReputationRep:
    How much did Arcadia pay you for that statement?
    Arcadia doesn't have to pay. :ninja:

Arcadia doesn't have to pay. :ninja:
    :rofl:

Ape, being a nice person isn't something to feel awkward about :p: and there is nothing 'corrupt' about charming your way into a job :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I did, it's on Spotify anyway if you wanna hear it before you get it. The exogenisis symphony is simply divine, especially the first part. That "symphony" as a whole is the best thing Muse have ever done. Slightly disappointed by the lack of *****in' solos but I guess muse have moved slightly on from the insane riffage fests that were Origin of Symmetry and Absolution! But then I guess back then we didn't have the equal insanity of "I belong to you" I haven't laughed so hard in a long time as when I first heard that clarinet solo :p: The foray into R&B with Undisclosed Desires is pretty awesome too :cool:
    I'm been listening to it non-stop on youtube. :p: I really enjoyed Exogenisis: Redemption but yeah the whole lot is pretty amazing! Unnatural Selection and Undisclosed Desires are my favs so far. I like how each album is different, it makes them more diverse from most and a lot of artists simply wouldn't be able to pull it off.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.