Turn on thread page Beta

6th Years and Leavers :: Chat Thread #1 watch

• View Poll Results: Highest Mark in the AH Maths Prelim :: YOUR BETS (Votes are public)
    namedeprived
    21.74%
    Ape Gone Insane [No one's going to vote for me ]
    26.09%
    Me, I take AH Maths!
    21.74%
    APE! You wasted your one chance of a poll...on THIS! NOOOOOO
    30.43%

ReputationRep:
    Ooh, I always always always get Muse confused with Kasabian. It drives my mum crazy :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xo-Heva)
    It drives my mum crazy :p:
    I think I can quite safely say that mine wouldn't have a clue if I confused, say, Katy Perry with Muse. :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meteorshower)
    That totally does not qualify as a solo :p:

Compare it to the one in guiding light, or exogenesis: overture. You can't, because there is no comparison!

I never thought Muse would go worse than Super Massive Black Hole (2nd worse song they've ever done... also a first single!) but yeah they did. The second worst song on the album I would say is Eurasia, and that is a really damn good song

I hope the B-sides are up to the usual standard. The remix of uprising is brilliant, far better than the actual song, but I'm still waiting on some decent B-sides! When you look at the past, with glorious, easily, fury, the groove, map of your head, hyperchondriac music etc...
    :o: Ok no comparison there but I still thinks it's catchy, hence why like Super Massive was made into a single as it will perhaps appear to a wider audience. It's one of those I know I shouldn't like but do, in a way it's straightforward.

Edit: I know why I like it, it has a Doctor Who vibe :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosie9391)
    :o: Ok no comparison there but I still thinks it's catchy, hence why like Super Massive was made into a single as it will perhaps appear to a wider audience. It's one of those I know I shouldn't like but do, in a way it's straightforward.
    You're allowed to like whatever you want :p: I think supermassive was a good choice for a single though, yes. As evidenced by it having the highest ever position Muse have attained yet!

ReputationRep:
    My mum doesn't like or understand most of my music so has been getting annoyed recently with The Resistance being on non-stop. :p:

ReputationRep:
    You're allowed to like whatever you want :p: I think supermassive was a good choice for a single though, yes. As evidenced by it having the highest ever position Muse have attained yet!
    Haha yeah, I edited the post, I'm an avid Doctor Who fan and that song has an element of the theme tune :p: No doubt about that, I really liked it at the time and think it was around then when I became interested in muse, it's just the whole twilight saga with it that annoys me.

ReputationRep:
    Haha yeah, I edited the post, I'm an avid Doctor Who fan and that song has an element of the theme tune :p: No doubt about that, I really liked it at the time and think it was around then when I became interested in muse, it's just the whole twilight saga with it that annoys me.
    I prefer the doctor who theme to be honest, it's intense :p: I can't help thinking of Bill Bailey's variation of it though!

Was the song in the twilight film or something? I tend to stay away from these things :p:

ReputationRep:
    I prefer the doctor who theme to be honest, it's intense :p: I can't help thinking of Bill Bailey's variation of it though!

Was the song in the twilight film or something? I tend to stay away from these things :p:
    Haven't heard Bailey's version before. Yeah it was the offical soundtrack for the film, type the song into youtube and all you get is twilight/robert pattinson fans argue with the true muse fans in the comment box. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Haven't heard Bailey's version before. Yeah it was the offical soundtrack for the film, type the song into youtube and all you get is twilight/robert pattinson fans argue with the true muse fans in the comment box. :p:
    I love how you mutually exclude twilight fans and true Muse fans :p:

Bill Bailey did this live show where he had an orchestra at his disposal, and naturally all the comedy was of a musical nature. He took the chords of the doctor who song and turned it into a french sounding love song :p:

ReputationRep:
    I love how you mutually exclude twilight fans and true Muse fans :p:

Bill Bailey did this live show where he had an orchestra at his disposal, and naturally all the comedy was of a musical nature. He took the chords of the doctor who song and turned it into a french sounding love song :p:
    I know, it's like not possible to be both. :p: I've seen twilight and have to say I enjoyed it even though a friend literally dragged me along.

I've just youtube what you described, is this the episode:

ReputationRep:
    I know, it's like not possible to be both. :p: I've seen twilight and have to say I enjoyed it even though a friend literally dragged me along.

I've just youtube what you described, is this the episode:

That's the thing yeah, it's not from what I was talking about but it's essentially the same thing he's doing :p:

I'm glad I have no twilight-brainwashed friends :p:

ReputationRep:
    That's the thing yeah, it's not from what I was talking about but it's essentially the same thing he's doing :p:

I'm glad I have no twilight-brainwashed friends :p:
    My friend is the type who has to tell you every bit of detail about it, so is getting rather excited for the new film to come out. :rolleyes:

Have you read any of the books? Probably a silly question :p:

We go to uni tomorrow! :excited:

ReputationRep:
    Night, peeps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheUnbeliever)
    Night, peeps.
    Night! :wavey:

ReputationRep:
    *looks left*

*looks right*

*lets out a huge massive fart*

*walks away*...

ReputationRep:
    My friend is the type who has to tell you every bit of detail about it, so is getting rather excited for the new film to come out. :rolleyes:

Have you read any of the books? Probably a silly question :p:

We go to uni tomorrow! :excited:
    No I haven't read any of the books, not really my kinda thing :p:

We do indeed! Finally, we'll have something better to do than go on TSR all day!
    :p:

ReputationRep:
    Lol @ the people on here.

(Original post by xo-Heva)
    Thanks for the rep! :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Responded to your PM.) I know you can, but can you see their content? I know mods can, but I'd be mildly annoyed if any random sub can.

(Original post by TheUnbeliever)
    The total extent of my non-academic extracurricular activities mentioned in my personal statement: skiing, rowing and photography.
    I misread that last one :holmes:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.