Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

6th Years and Leavers :: Chat Thread #1 watch

• View Poll Results: Highest Mark in the AH Maths Prelim :: YOUR BETS (Votes are public)
    namedeprived
    21.74%
    Ape Gone Insane [No one's going to vote for me ]
    26.09%
    Me, I take AH Maths!
    21.74%
    APE! You wasted your one chance of a poll...on THIS! NOOOOOO
    30.43%

• PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Hello people. Just got back from Kindrogan.

ReputationRep:
    I was wandering around Dunfermline today (Kirkcaldy yesterday) and all the various fancy school uniforms are so weird :p:

Dunfermline looks nicer than I remembered! It's nice being on the mainland, it's very different to Shetland :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meteorshower)
    I was wandering around Dunfermline today (Kirkcaldy yesterday) and all the various fancy school uniforms are so weird :p:
    If you're out that way and looking for things to do, check out Pittenweem (which - for obvious reasons - has lots of nice fish restaurants) and the Pineapple (in Airth, so about 30-45 mins drive away).

(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Not quite sure what your rep meant, but thanks muchly anyway :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheUnbeliever)
    If you're out that way and looking for things to do, check out Pittenweem (which - for obvious reasons - has lots of nice fish restaurants) and the Pineapple (in Airth, so about 30-45 mins drive away).
    I had a wander through Pittenweem park, which was fairly nice. I'm just eating at my Granny's house tonight though, but i'll remember that for the future.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kirsteneg)
    Hello people. Just got back from Kindrogan.
    How was that?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by akj08)
    How was that?
    It was pretty decent. The only downside was that we were sharing a room with two randomers, but the food was surprisingly good. The AH Biology people were really nice, and there were quite a lot from Dundee and Glasgow schools. AND. it didn't rain!

ReputationRep:
    It was pretty decent. The only downside was that we were sharing a room with two randomers, but the food was surprisingly good. The AH Biology people were really nice, and there were quite a lot from Dundee and Glasgow schools. AND. it didn't rain!
    That's good. Yeah I seem to remember the food was alright actually. You're lucky it didn't rain - it poured solidly for the three days I was there and we had to go waist deep in a river:p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by akj08)
    That's good. Yeah I seem to remember the food was alright actually. You're lucky it didn't rain - it poured solidly for the three days I was there and we had to go waist deep in a river:p:
    biology or geography?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Meteorshower)
    Yeah I did, it's on Spotify anyway if you wanna hear it before you get it. The exogenisis symphony is simply divine, especially the first part. That "symphony" as a whole is the best thing Muse have ever done. Slightly disappointed by the lack of *****in' solos but I guess muse have moved slightly on from the insane riffage fests that were Origin of Symmetry and Absolution! But then I guess back then we didn't have the equal insanity of "I belong to you" I haven't laughed so hard in a long time as when I first heard that clarinet solo :p: The foray into R&B with Undisclosed Desires is pretty awesome too :cool:
    I got it the day it was released and listening to it now.
    I just LOVE Unnatural Selection and United States of Eurasia. :love: but haven;t listened to the three tracks of the symphony consecutively so don't have the full feel of it. But the album on the whole is AMAZING. Oh, and I also like very muchly I Belong To You. :love:

ReputationRep:
    biology or geography?
    Geo. Were some biology people there though, I think some of the stuff is the same. What did you do?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by akj08)
    Geo. Were some biology people there though, I think some of the stuff is the same. What did you do?
    pond dipping, river stuff - kick samples collecting invertebrates in polluted and unpolluted areas and comparing data of that and pH, oxygen conc, TDS etc.
    trapping woodland 'creatures', quadrat sampling to compare effects of grazing and lots of statistics.
    You?

(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    You aren't much of a Shakespeare fan, are you then? :p:

Not proper hardcore.
    Well OBVIOUSLY it's the soliloquy where Juliet is wondering why she must hate Romeo because of his name while he's eavesdropping after Capulet's party :p: but I questioned its use in a rep - unless you were randomly bombarding me with Shakespeare quotes, which I don't mind at all :awesome:

Best Shakespeare quote EVER, btw:

"You are a saucy boy!" - Capulet to some guy. Maybe Romeo.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by ArcadiaHouse)
    Well OBVIOUSLY it's the soliloquy where Juliet is wondering why she must hate Romeo because of his name while he's eavesdropping after Capulet's party :p: but I questioned its use in a rep - unless you were randomly bombarding me with Shakespeare quotes, which I don't mind at all :awesome:

Best Shakespeare quote EVER, btw:

"You are a saucy boy!" - Capulet to some guy. Maybe Romeo.
    best Shakespeare play = Hamlet. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Ok, the gradient tan thing in H Maths is starting to make my brain hurt. The questions ask to calculate the gradients to prove that something is a something and I just don't quite know how to plot the points...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LuhLah)
    Ok, the gradient tan thing in H Maths is starting to make my brain hurt. The questions ask to calculate the gradients to prove that something is a something and I just don't quite know how to plot the points...

To prove three points are collinear?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by LuhLah)

parallel?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I'm off to dunfermline now. bye bye.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukdragon37)
    To prove three points are collinear?
    K(0,4), L(6,2) and M(4,0) are three vertices, in order, of a parallelogram PKLM

Find the gradients of PK & PM to prove this.

How would you figure out the vertex of P? (I managed to figure out the answer to the other question, lol.)

ReputationRep:
    Oh wait, got it :teeth:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.