Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

6th Years and Leavers :: Chat Thread #1 watch

• View Poll Results: Highest Mark in the AH Maths Prelim :: YOUR BETS (Votes are public)
    namedeprived
    21.74%
    Ape Gone Insane [No one's going to vote for me ]
    26.09%
    Me, I take AH Maths!
    21.74%
    APE! You wasted your one chance of a poll...on THIS! NOOOOOO
    30.43%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xo-Heva)
    It seemed to go really well actually and for some strange reason I didn't panic! lol.
    I've to expect a phone call from them at some point this weekend so I'll let you know in good time :p:
    Awesome I'll have to pop in for a burger at some point if you get it. :p:

(Original post by Kirsteneg)
    everyone in my year are slowly starting to hate each other...it's quite fun really.
    Mine is a bit like that...you get some people who are like daggers hidden behind backs or in blazers :p: though thankfully im not involved in any of that crap.

ReputationRep:
    Can't say I miss school. I actually have ciggys with my psychology teacher, how weird is that? :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kirsteneg)
    everyone in my year are slowly starting to hate each other...it's quite fun really.
    At mine basically the whole of 6th year came together all but one girl who was in the 'popular crowd' for years but they all left.

How big is your year group?

(Original post by LuhLah)
    Can't say I miss school. I actually have ciggys with my psychology teacher, how weird is that? :awesome:
    Are you sure your psychology teacher is not testing you...or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Madjackismad)
    Awww man...last year at school though kinda bored of everyone in my year at high school :p:. Can't wait to go to uni and meet loads of new folk.
    So what's your plans for uni?

(Original post by rosie9391)
    So what's your plans for uni?
    Ohhh I have a few choices, though I really want to do English Literature with History most at Glasgow Uni :p: pretentious I know, but I love English and History. A few other courses at Glasgow Uni and Strathclyde have tickled my fancy so far though. What about you?

ReputationRep:
    Ohhh I have a few choices, though I really want to do English Literature with History most at Glasgow Uni :p: pretentious I know, but I love English and History. A few other courses at Glasgow Uni and Strathclyde have tickled my fancy so far though. What about you?
    Sounds good. I start uni today actually :p: Off to Aberdeen for Geography.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck Rosie, have a great time

ReputationRep:
    Are you sure your psychology teacher is not testing you...or something?
    :rofl:

She makes me kinda paranoid. I bet you anything she's thinking Danielle will be a future serial killer.

Damn you psychologists, DAMN YOU! :fist:

Awww man...last year at school though kinda bored of everyone in my year at high school :p:. Can't wait to go to uni and meet loads of new folk.
    Ohhh I have a few choices, though I really want to do English Literature with History most at Glasgow Uni pretentious I know, but I love English and History.
    + Strokes :shock: You are me

(Original post by ArcadiaHouse)
    + Strokes :shock: You are me
    Oscar Wilde as your profile picture...I see you like literature as well :p:. Don't you think Julian Casablancas solo album cover looks a bit like Oscar Wilde?

http://www.juliancasablancas.com/200...over-revealed/

Oscar Wilde as your profile picture...I see you like literature as well :p:. Don't you think Julian Casablancas solo album cover looks a bit like Oscar Wilde?

http://www.juliancasablancas.com/200...over-revealed/
    No, sorry :awesome: But still - literature and history and The Strokes :love:

No, sorry :awesome: But still - literature and history and The Strokes :love:
    He does a bit....not as chubby though :p:. Yeah, The Strokes are literally my childhood heroes.

He does a bit....not as chubby though :p:
    Meh, I still would :teeth:

I actually think he looks a bit like BoJo:

http://co2calculator.files.wordpress..._johnson_3.jpg

http://www.myoops.org/twocw/mit/NR/r...scar_wilde.jpg

Meh, I still would :teeth:

I actually think he looks a bit like BoJo:

http://co2calculator.files.wordpress..._johnson_3.jpg

http://www.myoops.org/twocw/mit/NR/r...scar_wilde.jpg
    LOL! He does a bit :p:...you seen 'Dorian Gray'? My friend who is an Oscar Wilde fanatic says the film has murdered the book.

LOL! He does a bit :p:...you seen 'Dorian Gray'? My friend who is an Oscar Wilde fanatic says the film has murdered the book.
    It has absolutely butchered it, but I loved it nonetheless :p: Dorian Gray isn't meant to be charismatic or have a personality, he's there to be looked at; and Colin Firth was so much better as Harry than I thought he'd be. Basil Hallward looked a bit too Hispanic to be a London 1890s artist though, LOL, but at least it demonstrated the sexual tension between Basil and Dorian, which is only hinted at in the book :p: It was melodramatic and OTT and I loved it.

(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    In Business yesterday our teacher was asking us for examples of needs and wants, and when she said "Give me an example of a need" some guy said "... milk?" :rofl:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by rosie9391)
    At mine basically the whole of 6th year came together all but one girl who was in the 'popular crowd' for years but they all left.

How big is your year group?
    About 50 of us.
    And how is Aberdeen fo you? and the halls :eek3: (smiley for Heather)
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    So has everyone going to uni gone?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.