Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

6th Years and Leavers :: Chat Thread #1 Watch

• View Poll Results: Highest Mark in the AH Maths Prelim :: YOUR BETS (Votes are public)
    namedeprived
    21.74%
    Ape Gone Insane [No one's going to vote for me ]
    26.09%
    Me, I take AH Maths!
    21.74%
    APE! You wasted your one chance of a poll...on THIS! NOOOOOO
    30.43%

• PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by ArcadiaHouse)
    So am I. I don't like ASND but at least we got to watch the film version with Marlon Brando back in the day :coma:
    I like it. There's loads to write about but I'm not so sure about Sweet Bird of Youth; it's a bit weird.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Madjackismad)
    Are you saying my English department aren't allowed to do that? Or the SQA? :p:. One of the things the teacher said to me is that the SQA think poetry is a bit too easy and stuff, so that why they've been making the questions for poetry in the higher paper and AH higher a bit too vague. Tbh I did notice the poetry questions this year were a bit different to other past papers.
    the SQA. I don't really like writing about poetry anyway so I'm hoping to be able to do drama in the exam, but will obviously still have to learn the poems.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Try self-teaching 3 subjects. :sigh:
    Yeah well try self teaching a subject that you know you'll hate but which you really need to get into uni, not just random subs for the sake of it :mad:

Ahem :ninja:

What I shall buy with my first wages:

http://www.schuhstore.co.uk/womens_main_frameset.asp

:coma: Sooo beautiful :love: I will feel like Marie Antoinette
    So you'll feel nothing? :p:, didn't her head get chopped off?

ReputationRep:
    A bit strange how you need a subject for uni and you hate it...even though that subject (because of its specific requirement) might need the subject you hate.

You would be essentially doing a degree in a subject which you partially hate.

Why bother?
    I'll jump that hurdle when I come to it. I'm actually pretty proud of myself for biting the bullet and actually doing Higher Maths. It's not as if I'm going to study something like pure mathematics...and as the subject thing, I would probably love maths without the horrible SQA format, but who am I to say anything?

ReputationRep:
    Try self-teaching 3 subjects. :sigh:
    Nobody's making you do it, it's your choice :yep:

I hated Higher Maths.

Love AH Maths. :love:
    What's wrong with you? :p:.

So you'll feel nothing? :p:, didn't her head get chopped off?
    There is that :p: I'll feel like her before that unfortunate incident, frolicking through meadows in pretty dresses and fabulous shoes, if the biopic starring Kirsten Dunst is to be believed :awesome:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    What's wrong with you? :p:.
    pfft. Let's not even get into that.

There is that :p: I'll feel like her before that unfortunate incident, frolicking through meadows in pretty dresses and fabulous shoes, if the biopic starring Kirsten Dunst is to be believed :awesome:
    And listening to 'Whatever Happened' by The Strokes? :p: I can't believe my ex made me watch that movie with her :o: .

Do hot air balloons have to be parked in completely open meadows or can they be parked in open space next to a building?
    Nah, you just fold it away and put it in the basket.

And listening to 'Whatever Happened' by The Strokes? :p: I can't believe my ex made me watch that movie with her :o: .
    :rofl: I loved it visually and the soundtrack was bloody brilliant, but the film itself was WTF. :lolwut:

:rofl: I loved it visually and the soundtrack was bloody brilliant, but the film itself was WTF. :lolwut:
    If you want a visually brilliant movie, but is a big WTF moment all through the movie, I would watch any movie that David Lynch has made.

Ape does not like sarcasm.
    It wasn't sarcasm, seriously, it was my answer to your question .

ReputationRep:
    Arcadia, what do you look like? :daydreaming: I seem to have an image of you looking like Daisy Lowe and wearing black at a wedding (yes, I seen that thread).

[/Stalker :love:]

Whatever happened to neckclicker, and keep the good work on the Emma Watson photos Ape :p:.

You would not look at Emma Watson twice in the street.

Just saying. :p:

It's on her Facebook.
    Disclaimer: that picture was taken a few years ago. :o: I have no up-to-date photos of moi. :daydreaming:

Disclaimer: that picture was taken a few years ago. :o: I have no up-to-date photos of moi. :daydreaming:
    Wow....Daisy Lowe? :love: :p:.

(Original post by LuhLah)
    Arcadia, what do you look like? :daydreaming: I seem to have an image of you looking like Daisy Lowe and wearing black at a wedding (yes, I seen that thread).

[/Stalker :love:]
    That thread was a mistake. I should have known the wearing of black at a wedding would spark outrage among loads of people, even though once you're actually there it's rather incongruous :o: My subsequent posts were ironic though, please don't think I'm a horrible person! :p:

Daisy Lowe? I WISH :awesome: My Facebook pic isn't much use because it's a) too dark and b) like 2 years out of date ... I'm 5"6, brown hair, blue eyes, "nice skin" (:lolwut:) and not very striking. :yep:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.