Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

6th Years and Leavers :: Chat Thread #1 watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Highest Mark in the AH Maths Prelim :: YOUR BETS (Votes are public)
    namedeprived
    21.74%
    Ape Gone Insane [No one's going to vote for me ]
    26.09%
    Me, I take AH Maths!
    21.74%
    APE! You wasted your one chance of a poll...on THIS! NOOOOOO
    30.43%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LDVet)
    My Freshers week finished yesterday, I start vet school tomorrow! It's just a few introductory lectures I think, but I'm still terrified.
    Oooo, I'm sure you will enjoy it :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Cheers, I'm sure I will! I saw some of the lecture summaries though, looks a bit tricky. I suppose it was never going to be easy though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xo-Heva)
    Oooo! Whats it like? Have the nerves gone? Are oyu having fun?
    Yeah it's been ace so far, most people are so friendly and the late night chats are great. :p: Yeah nerves have gone, I just want to get stuck in with the course now! The room is much larger than expected and I've made it nice and homely so everyones just been coming round, watching some youtube videos. There is a foam and neon rave party tonight but I'm still contemplating to go or not :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosie9391)
    Yeah it's been ace so far, most people are so friendly and the late night chats are great. :p: Yeah nerves have gone, I just want to get stuck in with the course now! The room is much larger than expected and I've made it nice and homely so everyones just been coming round, watching some youtube videos. There is a foam and neon rave party tonight but I'm still contemplating to go or not :o:
    Foam party = amazing good fun :p:
    Go! Go! Go!!!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Wow, you are a hypocrite.
    How the hell does that make me a hypocrite. I only stated the the annon person who negged me was you. :facepalm:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    So has Aberdeen grown on you yet? :p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    No, you angrily stated that I negged you...and it is hypocritical of you to get angry when you yourself negged me and I found out too when I became a sub.

Peace. Let's join forces against non-subs :awesome:
    And I didn't angrily say that. Just because I put an angry emoticon after the statement does not mean that I directed it at you; it could have meant "oh crap I wanted to find some randomer negging for no reason so I could get back at them." It's perfectly acceptable for you to neg me after I negged you but I'm not a hypocrite.

ReputationRep:
    My DoS seems friendly. This can't be a bad thing, right? Unless he's going to fatten us up to eat, anyway.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    :tumble:

I think you missed my last sentence deliberately.

:tumble:
    I did.

But we'll join forces (for a month until I get rid of this **** sub)

ReputationRep:
    Is having a sub not cool? I've been meaning to get one but I can never be assed.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Is having a sub not cool? I've been meaning to get one but I can never be assed.
    no. It's the epitome of low.

ReputationRep:
    Foam party = amazing good fun :p:
    Go! Go! Go!!!
    Yip think I will, it's freshers after all! :p:

I'm suprised how friendly people are, I've been leaving my door open so passers by keep popping in and out - great way to make friends at least!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, Ape, how come this is only '6th Years and Leavers' now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kirsteneg)
    So has Aberdeen grown on you yet? :p:
    The uni has, love the old town area of it and everything is rather close. However :p: the nightlife scene is still a bit overwhelming and the crowds and all the homeless people.

How's school, having fun? :p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    The uni has, love the old town area of it and everything is rather close. However :p: the nightlife scene is still a bit overwhelming and the crowds and all the homeless people.

How's school, having fun? :p:
    Not as bad as you thought then.
    School's just same old, same old.

ReputationRep:
    I never knew our 2 threads got featured in the TSR Blog...

http://staffblog.thestudentroom.co.u...results-today/

Ooh, thats awesome.
    Doesn't that give you a warm fuzzy feeling that our efforts got noticed? :p:

ReputationRep:
    What 5th years are there in this thread? :awesome:
    You :p: Yeah and what was with the name change the other day, something like 'everyone loves ape'!

ReputationRep:
    Not as bad as you thought then.
    School's just same old, same old.
    So far so good :p:

School, ha, those were the days. :p:

Edit - Did you ask if you could mix science and art based subject's at Aberdeen? If so, yeah you can
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    So far so good :p:

School, ha, those were the days. :p:

Edit - Did you ask if you could mix science and art based subject's at Aberdeen? If so, yeah you can
    :eek: You can?!!

How does it work?

ReputationRep:
    :eek: You can?!!

How does it work?
    Yeah, I just asked today. Basically you can do anything (as long as there is no timetable clashes) in 1st/2nd year and then for 3rd> you go for the MA or BSc. So I'm doing MA Geography with Geology/Coastal Management/Art History.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.