Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

6th Years and Leavers :: Chat Thread #1 Watch

• View Poll Results: Highest Mark in the AH Maths Prelim :: YOUR BETS (Votes are public)
    namedeprived
    21.74%
    Ape Gone Insane [No one's going to vote for me ]
    26.09%
    Me, I take AH Maths!
    21.74%
    APE! You wasted your one chance of a poll...on THIS! NOOOOOO
    30.43%

• PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by rosie9391)
    Well. Been at the sports/society fair this morning and have joined the sailing, photography, geography and art clubs Then went to The Hub with some friends to wait for our advisor appointments. I've choosen Geography, Geology, Marine and Coastal Resource Management and Art History as the other subjects. :woo:

So I'm just in and tea is at 6 then we're off to the cinema tonight.
    seems like you're having fun then. The hub is THE place to be. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Thanks for the rep!

(Original post by Kirsteneg)
    Kirsten met Carol Ann Duffy today. :yep:
    Pfft, I'm meeting Polly Stenham in October, London's coolest new playwright. :cool:

But seriously, meeting the Poet Laureate ... :teeth: TELL US ABOUT IT! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    seems like you're having fun then. The hub is THE place to be. :yep:
    Love it, haven't felt homesick and the company is just brilliant. Yeah, either The Hub, The Hole, or JP's. :p: Last night we were meant to go to a foam party but it was too full so came home and a friend just played guitar and sang until 4.30am. :p:

(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Well, you know what?! I'm meeting Stephen Fry :awesome:
    Are you having a laugh? :p:

EDIT: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...y#post18187264

(Original post by ArcadiaHouse)
    I have a creative writing piece to do for Monday, but I can't think of anything. ANYTHING!

Perhaps the playing of your Xbox will give you ideas? :holmes:
    Write about some Russian dude and a huge car chase involving a helicopter and a fat guy German dude sitting on a chair, laughing at his cunning :p:. What are you doing for your dissertation?

ReputationRep:
    I can't do Advanced English because my crappy school is crappy and the other crappy schools in the crappy area's classes are full and the crappy teachers say it's too far in the course and I wouldn't catch up.....as if it's my fault it's been left this late and not my crappy teachers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    /rant

(Original post by Madjackismad)
    Write about some Russian dude and a huge car chase involving a helicopter and a fat guy German dude sitting on a chair, laughing at his cunning :p:. What are you doing for your dissertation?
    It's a Personal piece, but I'll do that for the creative

I'm doing Oscar Wilde's comedies for my dissertation. Et toi?

(Original post by bex285)
    I can't do Advanced English because my crappy school is crappy and the other crappy schools in the crappy area's classes are full and the crappy teachers say it's too far in the course and I wouldn't catch up.....as if it's my fault it's been left this late and not my crappy teachers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    /rant
    Same, with Advanced French :rolleyes: except I couldn't do it because it's on during Higher Modern, which I need.

ReputationRep:
    Same, with Advanced French :rolleyes: except I couldn't do it because it's on during Higher Modern, which I need.
    I don't need English but I wanted to do it you guys all make it sound so good!

ReputationRep:
    I don't need English but I wanted to do it you guys all make it sound so good!
    There is no way you're too late. I only started last week, and no one in the class even had their dissertation properly planned. They'd only gone through 2 poems, and done 1 creative writing piece. It's not a bad school or anything, either. Moan! Moan until their ears bleed.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Pfft, I'm meeting Polly Stenham in October, London's coolest new playwright. :cool:

But seriously, meeting the Poet Laureate ... :teeth: TELL US ABOUT IT! :woo:
    Well, her voice sounds totally different to what I imagined. She read some of her poems and discussed a few, some tips on writing essays on them and a question and answer session afterwards (she'd support England over Scotland (football) apparently, she gives the money she gets for being poet laureate to some writing organisation/charity, and explained how she found some of the metaphors/symbols for her poems and what they mean etc). Oh, and then a book signing. That's hers added to Colin Firth's.

Well, her voice sounds totally different to what I imagined. She read some of her poems and discussed a few, some tips on writing essays on them and a question and answer session afterwards (she'd support England over Scotland (football) apparently, she gives the money she gets for being poet laureate to some writing organisation/charity, and explained how she found some of the metaphors/symbols for her poems and what they mean etc). Oh, and then a book signing. That's hers added to Colin Firth's.
    omg, you're so lucky You've met Colin Firth?! :eek3:

I've met Irvine Welsh. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pedrobear)
    There is no way you're too late. I only started last week, and no one in the class even had their dissertation properly planned. They'd only gone through 2 poems, and done 1 creative writing piece. It's not a bad school or anything, either. Moan! Moan until their ears bleed.
    I've been moaning for the past month and it's got me nowhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mysqa)
    Hi Everyone, long time no read. here's some info about Appeals:

We will tell your school or college the result of your Appeal by the dates below and they will then pass this information to you.

Urgent Appeals (for entry to higher or further education courses) by 20 September
    Higher or Advanced Higher Appeals by 25 September
    Intermediate 1, Intermediate 2 and Standard Grade Appeals by 6 November

If your appeal is successful we will update your MySQA account and issue your replacement certificate by the end of November.

For more information about appeals go to www.sqa.org.uk/appeals.
    SAM
    Hi Sam,

I was wondering why my mysqa profile is being updated even though I didn't appeal for any of my subjects. I was able to access it earlier in the day so I don't see what the problem is now. It's just that I was doing my UCAS application.

Thanks in advance
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    omg, you're so lucky You've met Colin Firth?! :eek3:

I've met Irvine Welsh. :cool:
    NO I didn't meet him. :ashamed:
    One of my friends got be a signed picture for my birthday last year. It's genuine, I have the certificate to prove it. It's good to know he actually touched a picture I have. :eek: :yep:

P.S. Who the hell is Irvine Welsh?

ReputationRep:
    I've been moaning for the past month and it's got me nowhere.
    If you're good at english you should consider self-teaching yourself the subject. Although I do imagine how difficult it would be.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Yazoo.C)
    If you're good at english you should consider self-teaching yourself the subject. Although I do imagine how difficult it would be.
    not recommended.

ReputationRep:
    I did consider it but I'm not that good at English so don't think I'd be capable if I'm being realistic.
    Plus, I think I'd have too much on my plate doing that as well as other subjects, peer support (5 periods a week), work (3 nights a week), etc, etc.
    I wish I'd left
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Hi Sam,

I was wondering why my mysqa profile is being updated even though I didn't appeal for any of my subjects. I was able to access it earlier in the day so I don't see what the problem is now. It's just that I was doing my UCAS application.

Thanks in advance
    OOoooh. Mine's is updating too, and I appealed something. :eek: Not getting my hopes up though. :ashamed:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.