Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

6th Years and Leavers :: Chat Thread #1 Watch

• View Poll Results: Highest Mark in the AH Maths Prelim :: YOUR BETS (Votes are public)
    namedeprived
    21.74%
    Ape Gone Insane [No one's going to vote for me ]
    26.09%
    Me, I take AH Maths!
    21.74%
    APE! You wasted your one chance of a poll...on THIS! NOOOOOO
    30.43%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheUnbeliever)
    My Mum taught at least one murderer. :ninja:
    Your mum's a teacher?
    Oooh, which murderer? Or were you being sarcastic and I completely missed it...?

ReputationRep:
    My Mum taught at least one murderer. :ninja:
    Taught them what exactly!? :p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    anyone going to confess to being a murderer? :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    No, I was quite serious - she's been teaching long enough that you'd almost expect something like it. She taught him at high school, before he went on to commit his crime. Apparently it wasn't entirely surprising.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kirsteneg)
    anyone going to confess to being a murderer? :ninja:
    Ape thinks I've killed 285 people :woo:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Anyway....for UCAS education section, do you only put schools that you got qualifications for? And also, if you did, say SG chemistry and then higher the year after, do you put down both the SG and higher results or just the higher?

ReputationRep:
    No, I was quite serious - she's been teaching long enough that you'd almost expect something like it. She taught him at high school, before he went on to commit his crime. Apparently it wasn't entirely surprising.
    o.O Thats slightly worrying. And its wierd to think, in a few years you could see class mates names in papers for commiting such crimes...

ReputationRep:
    Anyway....for UCAS education section, do you only put schools that you got qualifications for? And also, if you did, say SG chemistry and then higher the year after, do you put down both the SG and higher results or just the higher?
    Yes. Both.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    :eek: I'm nearly on 1000 posts in this thread. :ashamed:

Anyway, Duffy spelled my name wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bex285)
    Yeah, I don't think it'd be worth the hassle!

Well I did it for two periods a week last year, one in French and one in English, and really enjoyed both. I felt like a spare part sometimes, when the classes were doing things they didn't really need help with, but other than that it was really enjoyable. I got to do some one-on-one lessons with a Latvian girl, helping her with English, and that was really rewarding :yep:
    I'm helping in Spanish this year, too, which was a bit annoying the first time; I caught THREE people texting within the space of ten minutes. Bad times :woo:

What subjects are you helping in?
    I haven't been told yet. First we have to get training. I suppose the school will decide based on the time table - though I do hope I will get a say in it.

Sorry for replying so late

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yazoo.C)
    I haven't been told yet. First we have to get training. I suppose the school will decide based on the time table - though I do hope I will get a say in it.

Sorry for replying so late
    Aah, we never got training
    But we got to decide what classes we wanted to help out in which is good :yep:

It's cool, I'm generally on here procrastinating anyway :p: especially when I'm typing up homework, like I am now! :yep:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper

It's cool, I'm generally on here procrastinating anyway :p: especially when I'm typing up homework, like I am now! :yep:
    Me help out in second year english and music. Think I'm the only one in my year doing this sorta thing.

ReputationRep:
    I was ment to be helping in home economics and art, which I would haven enjoyed i rec. I did the second years art class before the summer but they were little buggers who redused to pay any attention to me.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know if th SQA are having an art exhibition this year? I'd quite fancy a peak to compare my own work with my competetors :p:

ReputationRep:

You deserve some more rep . I am about to give you some.

Kirsten I will rep you too

ReputationRep:
    Me help out in second year english and music. Think I'm the only one in my year doing this sorta thing.
    We're being forced into doing it.
    It sucks, I already asked to help out two periods a week, then was told I had to help out three periods, and told which ones. So now I've got five! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xo-Heva)
    Anyone know if th SQA are having an art exhibition this year? I'd quite fancy a peak to compare my own work with my competetors :p:
    The one for the 2008 candidates was in Jan-Mar of this year, so I'd imagine you have a few months to wait before hearing about it (but I'd surprised if there wasn't one).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yazoo.C)
    You deserve some more rep . I am about to give you some.

Kirsten I will rep you too
    Awh thanks!
    I'd rep you back but I just repped xo-Heva :woo:
    Tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    Oops I didn't know you could rep once a day - I will do it tommorrow if I remember - remind me if I forget

ReputationRep:
    Awh thanks!
    I'd rep you back but I just repped xo-Heva :woo:
    Tomorrow!
    No problem

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.