Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

6th Years and Leavers :: Chat Thread #1 Watch

• View Poll Results: Highest Mark in the AH Maths Prelim :: YOUR BETS (Votes are public)
    namedeprived
    21.74%
    Ape Gone Insane [No one's going to vote for me ]
    26.09%
    Me, I take AH Maths!
    21.74%
    APE! You wasted your one chance of a poll...on THIS! NOOOOOO
    30.43%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by acas13)
    Quick pointer which is nothing to do with essay writing....

Don't call 'Big Brother' THE Big Brother, that implies that he is a literal brother, when in fact he is just a metaphorical brother used by the government as a kind of propaganda, implying that 'Big Brother' will watch over and look after you...
    Yeah, I just wrote that off the top of my head, sorry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LuhLah)
    Do you know any links to Higher type essays?
    My non exam essays tended to be quite **** as I had a serious procrastination problem, and ended up doing them at 4 o clock in the morning the day before they were due/on the bus in the morning... Sorry :p:

ReputationRep:
    http://www.understandingstandards.or...=Content.show&
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    i did my int 2 personal study on 1984. i could send you that if you like? although it's int 2, it's essential the same way of writing an essay? i do also have a couple of higher essays handy.

ReputationRep:
    Ta dado prso.

And sure wawa, that would be great. Thanks for all the input guys :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I just wrote that off the top of my head, sorry.
    No need for sorry! :p: I just said that cause I did 1984 last year for my PS and my teacher picked me up for the same thing :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by acas13)
    No need for sorry! :p: I just said that cause I did 1984 last year for my PS and my teacher picked me up for the same thing :yes:
    I actually hated the book at first, but now I'm beginning to fall in love with it. Lol. What question did you do?

ReputationRep:
    Afternoon everybody Thanks to LuhLah for asking about Higher English essays, helped me out too.

ReputationRep:
    I actually hated the book at first, but now I'm beginning to fall in love with it. Lol. What question did you do?
    I can't remember exactly, it wasn't one of the over done type 1984 questions, something to do with symbolism I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)

PS. I'm doing 1984 for my dissertation, bought some York notes to help me :yep:
    I have absolutely no idea what to do for my dissertation, I've not even started the course yet so am worrying slightly
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    i've not started the course yet either. i've not chosen what author's i'm studying yet and haven't had discussed my dissertation with anyone. we got told to read over the summer and thats it!

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean? Don't you guys start 6th year in June? To give you a month to get used to it?
    Yeah but I wasn't planning on doing English, but decided to do it after getting an A

ReputationRep:
    Afternoon? :eek:

Morning.
    It felt like morning when I was typing it

What do you mean? Don't you guys start 6th year in June? To give you a month to get used to it?
    We got a week because our new school building was being given finishing touches.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    we don't 'move up' until august. so we do nothing.very little academic between the end of exams and summer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArcadiaHouse)
    We got a week because our new school building was being given finishing touches.
    Ugh, I know how you feel. Our school is having a massive extension put onto the newest building (at the moment it consists of 3 buildings, after the extension is finished, the older 2 are being knocked down). Its awful if you're in a classroom at the far end, the ground vibrates/general loud building noise. Not good -_-

ReputationRep:
    We were told that we would be working hard to try and finish the first sections in the last 3 weeks (and we did :| they wern't kidding about homework either), after having the induction day

ReputationRep:
    We were told that we would be working hard to try and finish the first sections in the last 3 weeks (and we did :| they wern't kidding about homework either), after having the induction day
    Yeah, same here. In Biology we're about half-way through the first unit. In English we're already done the personal study & a persuasive essay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vitamin D)
    Yeah, same here. In Biology we're about half-way through the first unit. In English we're already done the personal study & a persuasive essay.
    Yeah, we were zooming through human bio, chemistry and history. Weirdly enough, in English, we just started the PS. I got the same two teachers for modern studies and history (we were supposed to do 2 units at the same time), one day I had double mods, double history and then double english...ugh.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, we were zooming through human bio, chemistry and history. Weirdly enough, in English, we just started the PS. I got the same two teachers for modern studies and history (we were supposed to do 2 units at the same time), one day I had double mods, double history and then double english...ugh.
    Oh gosh, my only double periods are english & PE. They're a lot of fun though, so they're easy to deal with I'm the same for history, one teacher is doing 2 units, the other is doing 1 looooong boring one -_-

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.