Turn on thread page Beta

6th Years and Leavers :: Chat Thread #1 watch

• View Poll Results: Highest Mark in the AH Maths Prelim :: YOUR BETS (Votes are public)
    namedeprived
    21.74%
    Ape Gone Insane [No one's going to vote for me ]
    26.09%
    Me, I take AH Maths!
    21.74%
    APE! You wasted your one chance of a poll...on THIS! NOOOOOO
    30.43%

ReputationRep:
    I've not even begun my ucas shizz. im not getting any help from college and don't know where to start tbh...

(Original post by LuhLah)
    How's everyones UCAS applications coming along? My tutor said that my PS was really good and that I should defo not change it
    Well done! Has everyone sent in their PS except me? :eek3: I'm still trying to not come across as a knob.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    How's everyones UCAS applications coming along? My tutor said that my PS was really good and that I should defo not change it
    Good for you. :huff:
    I was reading over some of the PS' on here and realised that there's no way in hell that I'll be able to write one good enough for biomed and english lit. Some serious thinking lurks. I'm waiting for an apiphony or a revelation in a dream.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xo-Heva)
    I've not even begun my ucas shizz. im not getting any help from college and don't know where to start tbh...
    Just register as an individual student. The only difference is that you need to find someone to be your refrence.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper

OH AND BTW MY CLASS was on tsr, and here. Luckily they didn't know I was LuhLah
    :eek: :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArcadiaHouse)
    Well done! Has everyone sent in their PS except me? :eek3: I'm still trying to not come across as a knob.
    I bet some people haven't even started yet lol. She could be lying - only me, her, and my ps helper have seen it :sad:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kirsteneg)
    :eek: :lolwut:
    Welcome to the wonders of college, school kid

ReputationRep:
    Just register as an individual student. The only difference is that you need to find someone to be your refrence.
    I'm going to pretend I know what you're on about... :p:

And no, I haven;t started my PS. Should I have? What am I ment to write?

You've taken the plunge with Higher Maths! :dancing:

ReputationRep:
    OH AND BTW MY CLASS was on tsr, and here. Luckily they didn't know I was LuhLah
    :eek: Why? And I bet they'll go home, see what you just wrote and know someone from your class is LuhLah. They'll sniff it out, just wait :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArcadiaHouse)
    You've taken the plunge with Higher Maths! :dancing:
    Yup :sad: Who bets I get <33% in the prelim? :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xo-Heva)
    I'm going to pretend I know what you're on about... :p:

And no, I haven;t started my PS. Should I have? What am I ment to write?
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...onal_Statement

I didn't stick to that method so much, but the tsr guide is really good.

ReputationRep:
    I started my PS tonight :yep:

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...onal_Statement

I didn't stick to that method so much, but the tsr guide is really good.
    Thank you for the link

ReputationRep:
    If any of you are stuck, here is an extract from mine:
    "Yeah I wanna study biomedical science. Ok that's not true, it just sounds cool and sciency. I actually thought your uni was ****, and I hate you. I've just found out I picked all the wrong subjects and I need a A in maths...you *******s. And no, I don't have a social life because I've been too busy studying to get into this dump! I dig up dead bodies and sew heads on to different bodies and then I do a irish jig, does that count?!!!

I know that I've ruined all my chances to get into uni now, so I'd like to say one thing. I HAVE GOOD COMMUNICATION SKILLS AND I HILLWALK.
    "

:flutter:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Have you made any acquaintances/friends? Or is nobody of the same high caliber as yourself? :p:
    Almost everyone is very ambitious and intelligent, it's great! I have made plenty friends and acquaintances, don't see why you'd think I might not have :p:

ReputationRep:
    Had a good evening, if limited by this whole 'last train' malarky.

(Original post by Meteorshower)
    Met your friend Chris. He's a jolly nice fellow! (Hello, if you're reading this I'm the guy who mumbled something about 'Michael', 'Facebook' and 'TSR'!)

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone seen the Tesco Trainee Manager Programme ad thats sometimes by the quick reply box? It cracks me up so bad, the poor girl's smile bless her.

And shooting stars was awesome, as always.
    Okay beddy byes now. Nighty xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheUnbeliever)
    Met your friend Chris. He's a jolly nice fellow! (Hello, if you're reading this I'm the guy who mumbled something about 'Michael', 'Facebook' and 'TSR'!)
    Oh, was that when I was being phoned by Shaun? I was under a staircase with pretty bad signal and I didn't hear much of anything in the background, sorry :p:

Awesome that you met Chris, he is indeed fairly jolly. It seems so weird though that TSR has crossed with "real life" :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meteorshower)
    Oh, was that when I was being phoned by Shaun? I was under a staircase with pretty bad signal and I didn't hear much of anything in the background, sorry :p:
    Honest answer: I have no idea. I don't remember seeing anyone else from Shetland there, nor anyone on a phone, but I'm not really sure what you mean, so I can neither confirm nor deny.

Glad to hear you're enjoying your time as a fresher, though. St Andrews is gorgeous, and the folks I know who are there seem to be having a wonderful time. Being ill's a bit unlucky...

Awesome that you met Chris, he is indeed fairly jolly. It seems so weird though that TSR has crossed with "real life" :p:
    I have to admit to being frankly astonished he made the trip to Edinburgh! I also heard someone make reference to ukdragon37. :ninja: It was a little odd, I agree.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.