Turn on thread page Beta

6th Years and Leavers :: Chat Thread #1 watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Highest Mark in the AH Maths Prelim :: YOUR BETS (Votes are public)
    namedeprived
    21.74%
    Ape Gone Insane [No one's going to vote for me ]
    26.09%
    Me, I take AH Maths!
    21.74%
    APE! You wasted your one chance of a poll...on THIS! NOOOOOO
    30.43%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kirsteneg)
    Fingers crossed. :nervous emoticon that should exist:

Laser tag is fuuuuuun.

I've just realised that you're away now, have fun at the cinema and spotting ghosties.
    Hehe just back but saw no ghosties and got a history lesson instead, the guy giving the tour was freaky though! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheUnbeliever)
    Honest answer: I have no idea. I don't remember seeing anyone else from Shetland there, nor anyone on a phone, but I'm not really sure what you mean, so I can neither confirm nor deny.

Glad to hear you're enjoying your time as a fresher, though. St Andrews is gorgeous, and the folks I know who are there seem to be having a wonderful time. Being ill's a bit unlucky...
    I think I got the wrong end of the stick, you can ignore what I said :p: Chris texted me a load of crap last night mentioning you, he's awful with predictive texting so his message didn't really make much sense :p:

I have been trying to spot the people from your school that are here but I missed this big quiz for new physics undergrads so it's hard :p: I will track them down though

Being ill is pretty much my fault. I hadn't been to sleep for over 40 hours when I finally turned in last night and the previous nights hadn't been much better :p:

I have to admit to being frankly astonished he made the trip to Edinburgh! I also heard someone make reference to ukdragon37. :ninja: It was a little odd, I agree.
    He wasn't just in Edinburgh for that (which I didn't know about) he has a lot of friends there and he was pretty bored with all his friends being away. I think he's just been spending a week doing all sorts of things.

ReputationRep:
    Aaah, and the weekend begins.

Well, mine anyway :p:

ReputationRep:
    My dad got his xray results. There was a shadow thing and it might be cancer, or an infection in/on his lungs.

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone. I'v been on holiday for a week, anyone miss me? :p:

Did I miss much? How has everyone enjoyed starting uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    You missed Volumes of Solid Revolution. :sigh:
    :p:

\displaystyle \int \pi y^2 dx :love:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    For UCAS in the education section, do you only put in schools you achieved qualifications in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kirsteneg)
    For UCAS in the education section, do you only put in schools you achieved qualifications in?
    UCAS - How To Apply - Education

You must include all schools, colleges and universities that you have attended since the age of 11, even if you withdrew from your course.
    If you didn't take any qualifications at that school, add it and just don't list any.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    UCAS - How To Apply - Education

If you didn't take any qualifications at that school, add it and just don't list any.
    Thanks. Doesn't actually matter then if It's since age of 11.

I think I just virtually ripped the face off the third person on TSR who has reminded me that Oxford is "no more expensive than any other university", which is obviously rubbish as Scottish folk don't have to pay tuition fees. :ninja: Two folk have quoted me on it and I'm too scared to see what they've said. I think I'm barred from the English applicants thread. :daydreaming: It seems a bit cold to me anyway, tbh; I feel like I'm being ignored.

I'm sick of being made to feel bad for admitting that I slightly prefer Glasgow over Edinburgh and St Andrews atm. And if I'm rejected from the latter two but given a conditional from the former, which is probably what will happen, I just know I'll be accused of just being bitter for being rejected from them. :rolleyes: People are so close-minded.

ReputationRep:
    Glasgow is a beautiful university. I've always liked it for some reason, maybe because my sister went there... I also prefer it to Edinburgh, though I can't comment on St. Andrews (and if I'm honest, St. Andrews sounds like an ideal place for me, but home-based commitments make it an implausible choice, unfortunately). I would not think it hard to imagine that Glasgow's History department is the best in Scotland, for one thing.

Stop worrying!

Hmm... I see people are discussing entering qualifications into UCAS.

I already posted a thread about this, but as of yet, it hasn't had any replies.

I need to enter AH Applied Maths: Mechanics into the relevant section on Apply, but there are two options in the list:

App Maths: Mechanics C204
    App Maths: Mechs 1,2 & Maths 1 C112

My gut says to put the first one, as the second is probably just referring to the units, but I'd like to be sure.

Hopefully someone who's had to enter this on the form before can help me out Thanks
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I prefer really, old-looking buildings to modern ones.

Hogwarts style :yep: :coma:
    Aberdeen's mine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArcadiaHouse)
    I think I just virtually ripped the face off the third person on TSR who has reminded me that Oxford is "no more expensive than any other university", which is obviously rubbish as Scottish folk don't have to pay tuition fees. :ninja: Two folk have quoted me on it and I'm too scared to see what they've said. I think I'm barred from the English applicants thread. :daydreaming: It seems a bit cold to me anyway, tbh; I feel like I'm being ignored.

I'm sick of being made to feel bad for admitting that I slightly prefer Glasgow over Edinburgh and St Andrews atm. And if I'm rejected from the latter two but given a conditional from the former, which is probably what will happen, I just know I'll be accused of just being bitter for being rejected from them. :rolleyes: People are so close-minded.
    to be honest oxford is no more expensive than any other university for english people. even for us there isn't that much of a difference as we spend an extra year at university (assuming no second yr entry here, don't think its available outside of science + engineering anyway) and the living costs for that extra year can't be too far off making up 3 yrs tuition fees surely?

Not sure who is making you feel bad about preferring glasgow to edinburgh or st andrews and for what reason as it's probably on par with both. i'm preferring glasgow to both as well at the moment but that's because i live in edinburgh and not sure i would like the st andrews area.

Summoned.
    I never thought of doing that. Thanks Ape :p:

(Original post by Dado Prso)
    to be honest oxford is no more expensive than any other university for english people. even for us there isn't that much of a difference as we spend an extra year at university (assuming no second yr entry here, don't think its available outside of science + engineering anyway) and the living costs for that extra year can't be too far off making up 3 yrs tuition fees surely?

Not sure who is making you feel bad about preferring glasgow to edinburgh or st andrews and for what reason as it's probably on par with both. i'm preferring glasgow to both as well at the moment but that's because i live in edinburgh and not sure i would like the st andrews area.
    Our school told us "if you're applying to uni this year but aren't aiming for Edinburgh and St Andrews then you'll have to make do with other universities." How appalling is that?

And tbh, I don't think four years at a Scottish university will make up three years of fees down south. Are they not raising it to something like £5k a year?!

(Original post by Pedrobear)
    Stop worrying!
    Awww thank you :love:

Unfortunately I keep thinking that your name says "Paedobear". :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I don't want to make a new thread, so I'll just ask here.
    I'm writing my first higher History essay tonight, does anyone have any useful advice? It's sitting there looking daunting -_-'

Join the, rather packed, club.
    That Business book you recommended arrived today 'tis my secret weapon :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArcadiaHouse)
    Our school told us "if you're applying to uni this year but aren't aiming for Edinburgh and St Andrews then you'll have to make do with other universities." How appalling is that?

And tbh, I don't think four years at a Scottish university will make up three years of fees down south. Are they not raising it to something like £5k a year?!
    yeah your school sounds like a load of crap. i think you mentioned medicine/dentistry applicants being allowed to go home in free periods or something whereas everyone else can't?

the tuition fees might be increased in england in the near future but i think it's still £3200ish so it won't effect us.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.