Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

6th Years and Leavers :: Chat Thread #1 Watch

• View Poll Results: Highest Mark in the AH Maths Prelim :: YOUR BETS (Votes are public)
    namedeprived
    21.74%
    Ape Gone Insane [No one's going to vote for me ]
    26.09%
    Me, I take AH Maths!
    21.74%
    APE! You wasted your one chance of a poll...on THIS! NOOOOOO
    30.43%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by namedeprived)
    I agree with Ape, if basing it purely on looks.

:ninja:
    Which this is not! This is talent!

And fabulous legs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by javjamoll)
    Driving is magnificent! I love it!

Congrats on passing
    I love it too! I don't see how this can ever get boring!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Not according to your friend, Meteorshower :facepalm:
    Well, she can be appreciated for a multitude of reasons!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by acas13)
    I love it too! I don't see how this can ever get boring!
    Oh, after a little while it does :o: But considering I'm sharing a car with 2 other people and I get it 2nd most, its great! :woo:

I only passed on the 2nd of June, but didn't get insurance until the 2nd July as thats when we renewed it...

No more car from the middle of September for a while

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xo-Heva)
    D:

ReputationRep:
    And looks/talent aren't any of them. :yep:
    Ouch.

*I do not endorse the views expressed in this quoted post, or the post above this post.*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by acas13)
    Oh well done you! Im a spoilt brat my parents have bought me a car :woo: (I am paying the insurance though, which is a fortune) well until I go to uni next year then they are giving it to my wee brother to learn in... Do you have your own car?
    what car do you have and how much is your insurance?

I definetely want to learn to drive but I just don't see the point when I can't afford the car, insurance and the maintenance of it afterwards unless i get a job.

ReputationRep:
    Anyways, I'm off for today..you guys can argue all you want over an already won case.

I shall be making a Rachel McAdams Worship Gallery soon on my profile
    . :ninja:

Soon :ninja:
    Farewell, Apey. I shall be keeping a tally of the results :tongue:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Anyways, I'm off for today..you guys can argue all you want over an already won case.

I shall be making a Rachel McAdams Worship Gallery soon on my profile
    . :ninja:

Soon :ninja:
    byebye.

ReputationRep:
    whos watching channel 4

LOL
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Heather...Heather...Heather...Heather...Heather...Heather...Heather...

:eek3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dado Prso)
    I definetely want to learn to drive but I just don't see the point when I can't afford the car, insurance and the maintenance of it afterwards unless i get a job.
    Could always be insured as a named driver on your parents' car. Insurance is much cheaper, and you don't have the other costs of a car. I was going to get a car, but decided that I wouldn't because I won't have enough use whilst I'm at uni and didn't want to have to pay for MOT, maintenance, road tax and so on. My parents have been kind and paid for my insurance and petrol.

For example, you could start building up your NCB (with Direct Line, at least) and so on now, rather than in 4 years.

ReputationRep:
    Hey all:hello:

I see the sexual tension has returned...and ape is at the centre of it again:facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    what car do you have and how much is your insurance?

VW Polo 1.4litre 16V reg. 2006 I pay just over 100 pounds a month... Not that bad really the car is worth a fair bit so I guess its fair enough, also if I were to write it off we would get the full price my parents paid for it when it was new, which is much more than we could sell it for now!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by akj08)
    Hey all:hello:

I see the sexual tension has returned...and ape is at the centre of it again:facepalm:
    :hello:

ReputationRep:
    what's everyone been up to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheUnbeliever)
    Could always be insured as a named driver on your parents' car. Insurance is much cheaper, and you don't have the other costs of a car. I was going to get a car, but decided that I wouldn't because I won't have enough use whilst I'm at uni and didn't want to have to pay for MOT, maintenance, road tax and so on. My parents have been kind and paid for my insurance and petrol.

For example, you could start building up your NCB (with Direct Line, at least) and so on now, rather than in 4 years.
    i don't know if i fancy driving a toyota avensis estate to be honest.. even as a named driver i guess the insurance would still be >£1k per year?

did you meet your cambridge offer btw?

ReputationRep:
    i don't know if i fancy driving a toyota avensis estate to be honest.. even as a named driver i guess the insurance would still be >£1k per year?
    Not sure, sorry, although I can see it's probably going to have a reasonably large engine - maybe give them a call to ask?

The cost of my insurance was deliberately factored in when we were buying a new car, so we've got a little 1 litre Hyundai i20 which I think was only around £100 to add me on (it's quite nice - small, but plenty gadgets, gets around 50 MPG and is very light and nimble so long as it isn't carrying more than about 2). On the other hand, the 1.6L 306 that was going to be mine was more like £3000 (with me as the only driver).

did you meet your cambridge offer btw?
    Short: no.

Long: no, I got bands 122 instead of 112 but haven't yet been rejected so I'm hoping I stand a chance of ameliorating my off-day in maths with a decent mark in STEP. I'm waiting for the English results to find out, though I've reconciled myself with going to Edinburgh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kirsteneg)
    Fixed.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by TheUnbeliever)
    Fixed.
    Thanks. How do you do it? :confused:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.