Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

6th Years and Leavers :: Chat Thread #1 Watch

• View Poll Results: Highest Mark in the AH Maths Prelim :: YOUR BETS (Votes are public)
    namedeprived
    21.74%
    Ape Gone Insane [No one's going to vote for me ]
    26.09%
    Me, I take AH Maths!
    21.74%
    APE! You wasted your one chance of a poll...on THIS! NOOOOOO
    30.43%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LuhLah)
    Um, do I put down the units for my subs on my ucas application thing, even though I haven't passed 'em yet? :awesome:
    No. Don't put them down at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kirsteneg)
    My first ever + repper. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    AaAAAAaaaaRRrrgh. Stupid msn playing up and I can't fix it.

Sooo blooming fustrating.

Absolutely hit a dead-end with this essay-writing.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Somebody please tell me what to do with my life.

ReputationRep:
    Somebody please tell me what to do with my life.
    Live it?

First essay for AH English due for tomorrow and it still isn't done. I spent most of the past week and a half ill, but my mum says if I don't hand something in tomorrow it'll look like I cba. But at the same time, I don't want to hand in an essay that's ****, or the teacher will just think I'm average. *doesn't know what to do*
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by xo-Heva)
    Live it?
    Is it actually possible to live life? Or is that an oxymoron or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArcadiaHouse)
    I don't want to hand in an essay that's ****, or the teacher will just think I'm average.
    On the one hand, I think you've got some justification if you were ill enough to be off school. On the other, a useful thing that I learned was that it's occasionally worth sacrificing quality just to get something done. Perfectionism is good, but not remotely practical.

If it bothers you sufficiently, what I occasionally did was to take in the poor piece of work and ask for dispensation to have an extension so that I could provide a much better piece. Just make sure the replacement piece really is good!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by ArcadiaHouse)
    First essay for AH English due for tomorrow and it still isn't done. I spent most of the past week and a half ill, but my mum says if I don't hand something in tomorrow it'll look like I cba. But at the same time, I don't want to hand in an essay that's ****, or the teacher will just think I'm average. *doesn't know what to do*
    On what?! :eek:
    I would rather hand in a crap essay than no essay then better/amazing essays as the year goes on then your teacher will think that you've improved massively and put in a lot of work and you'll get all the credit for it. :ninja:

(Original post by TheUnbeliever)
    On the one hand, I think you've got some justification if you were ill enough to be off school. On the other, a useful thing that I learned was that it's occasionally worth sacrificing quality just to get something done. Perfectionism is good, but not remotely practical.

If it bothers you sufficiently, what I occasionally did was to take in the poor piece of work and ask for dispensation to have an extension so that I could provide a much better piece. Just make sure the replacement piece really is good!
    True. My friend has just admitted via MSN that she hasn't done it either, and she hasn't been off sick. Thanks. My mum just told me to do it tonight. :sigh:

ReputationRep:

Sorry, I forgot to thank you for the rep. I will give you some when I can . Thanks again

On what?! :eek:
    I would rather hand in a crap essay than no essay then better/amazing essays as the year goes on then your teacher will think that you've improved massively and put in a lot of work and you'll get all the credit for it. :ninja:
    It's a Personal Reflective essay on anything we want. That's the problem. I haven't been able to think of anything until tonight, and it's 10pm, I'm too tired to write anything long enough and I don't want my teacher to think I'm not committed. From what I've heard, no one in my class has done it, but that doesn't make me feel better. Why do I feel so bad about this?

ReputationRep:
    I win Heather. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Oooh no you don't.

Im sorry, I can't help but play dirty.

Woooo! #7000!!

I actually feel kinda guilty about this.
    I'm sowwi

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I see how it is...

:p:

Perfectionism is good, but not remotely practical.
    That is actually what my essay is going to be about; the self-destructive nature of perfectionism. It's about my fifth year meltdown in February :awesome: At around 8pm I thought "Of COURSE!" but it's too late now. I'll do it tomorrow night, no one's done it. :rolleyes:

Woo! Day off tommorow , September weekend FTW.:p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by xo-Heva)
    Oooh no you don't.

Im sorry, I can't help but play dirty.

Woooo! #7000!!

I actually feel kinda guilty about this.
    I'm sowwi
    You cheat!

ReputationRep:
    You cheat!
    I is not!
    :mad:
    :p:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.