Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

6th Years and Leavers :: Chat Thread #1 Watch

• View Poll Results: Highest Mark in the AH Maths Prelim :: YOUR BETS (Votes are public)
    namedeprived
    21.74%
    Ape Gone Insane [No one's going to vote for me ]
    26.09%
    Me, I take AH Maths!
    21.74%
    APE! You wasted your one chance of a poll...on THIS! NOOOOOO
    30.43%

ReputationRep:
    Post #7007 is clearly the best. Palindromes are where it's at.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by xo-Heva)
    I is not!
    :mad:
    :p:
    Listen to me - I'm a sub :yep:

(Original post by TheUnbeliever)
    Post #7007 is clearly the best. Palindromes are where it's at.
    post 7007 is CLEARLY the best. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kirsteneg)
    post 7007 is CLEARLY the best. :yep:

EDIT: Oh come on, that's not real profanity. :rolleyes:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper

EDIT: Oh come on, that's not real profanity. :rolleyes:
    HA. I win this time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xo-Heva)
    Oooh, that sucks They won't make you drop the art subject will they? You could prioritise your science subject and catch up your art when you have free time?
    Hopefully they wont but yeah it will be easier catching up on art history rather than the geology practicals :p: Just have to see how tomorrow goes, can't wait to get going!

ReputationRep:
    How is everybody then? Had a good Sunday? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosie9391)
    Had a good Sunday? :p:
    I'm ill, and have been for the last two days. However, I'm improving!

Also: less than a week! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    I'm ill, and have been for the last two days. However, I'm improving!

Also: less than a week! :woo:
    Not so good, hope your better by freshers. :console:

Haha finally your time has came round :p: It's my last day of freshers today and this past week has just been amazing!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by rosie9391)
    How is everybody then? Had a good Sunday? :p:
    PHA! I woke up at 1.30pm. Not good. And been doing homework ever since. That's what you get for leaving it until the last minute.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kirsteneg)
    PHA! I woke up at 1.30pm. Not good. And been doing homework ever since. That's what you get for leaving it until the last minute.
    Ha no sympathy then :p: I've been watching movies, eating pizza, playing guitar/piano and getting ready for tomorrow's lectures. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Ugh, I wished I bothered to find out what times and where to enrol for my lecture classes tomorrow... Now the thing that tells you on the website has crashed...

ReputationRep:
    The prodigal son returns.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meteorshower)
    Ugh, I wished I bothered to find out what times and where to enrol for my lecture classes tomorrow... Now the thing that tells you on the website has crashed...
    So did Aberdeens and I only found out my timetable last night (there are two clashes)!

ReputationRep:
    Too turned to decipher unbeliever. Which is odd as it's really early. Need sleep. Also need to know what to do tomorrow though :p:

I have like 5 different society things i want to go to tomorrow evening aswell... And i'm still ill! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meteorshower)
    Too tired* to decipher unbeliever. Which is odd as it's really early. Need sleep. Also need to know what to do tomorrow though :p:

I have like 5 different society things i want to go to tomorrow evening aswell... And i'm still ill! :p:
    Budge over, I'm coming up...screw college

ReputationRep:
    Ohh god is anyone that got crap grades in 5th now beginning to really **** it now that the entry requirements have went up for most Unis?

In you guys honest opinion.. is it likely for me to get a conditional to glasgow with my 5th year grades being ABCCD (possible appeal for one of the Cs) when the entry requirements for 1 sitting were AABB..
    Like this year I would need to get AT LEAST 2A's seen as its AAAB over 2 sittings now to do history... help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmmaDilemma)
    Ohh god is anyone that got crap grades in 5th now beginning to really **** it now that the entry requirements have went up for most Unis?

In you guys honest opinion.. is it likely for me to get a conditional to glasgow with my 5th year grades being ABCCD (possible appeal for one of the Cs) when the entry requirements for 1 sitting were AABB..
    Like this year I would need to get AT LEAST 2A's seen as its AAAB over 2 sittings now to do history... help
    Of course you'll get a conditional :woo:
    If people can get conditionals in 5th year then I'm sure you'll be fine :yep:
    They'll probably want 2 As and a B or something but don't quote me on it, I'm no expert :p:

ReputationRep:

Honestly, I think you do have a chance of getting a conditional offer of AA, make sure your PS is amazing and you show passion for history. Aim high and put the effort in, it does pay off in the end.

ReputationRep:

You will be fine! Loads of people in my college are applying for things like biomedical science and english with BCCD behind them, and are doing something like 2 highers along with it.

ReputationRep:

Universities say that - but they often don't mean it. You should have seen the offers people got from my school. People with BBBC at Higher getting unconditionals for Glasgow etc.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.