Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

6th Years and Leavers :: Chat Thread #1 Watch

• View Poll Results: Highest Mark in the AH Maths Prelim :: YOUR BETS (Votes are public)
    namedeprived
    21.74%
    Ape Gone Insane [No one's going to vote for me ]
    26.09%
    Me, I take AH Maths!
    21.74%
    APE! You wasted your one chance of a poll...on THIS! NOOOOOO
    30.43%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Lachlan...how did you get in the red? :lolwut:
    haha, I have been in the red since the day I joined. Got hit by a couple of powerful negs and never recovered :p:. Numerically I have probably been pos repped more often than negged.

ReputationRep:
    Naughty..I remember I once reached -900 and in the same day...+1200. :sigh:
    legend! :woo:

Creative Writing folio 90% complete :teehee:

5 Poems (1 is a lame poem :sigh:)
    1 Reflective
    1 Prose

:teehee:
    4 hours ago? Dogging school, are we? :awesome:

I'm impressed. What have your comments been like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArcadiaHouse)
    Dogging school, are we? :awesome:
    Ape, along with most of the sane world, is allowed out during frees.

ReputationRep:
    It must be pretty lucrative to write study guides et cetera for Highers and so on. The amount of pupils - and their parents - buying such books must bring about a handsome sum in the end...

Ignoring the fact that it'd probably be next to impossible to get published without decades of experience as a teacher, how hard could it be?

Filed away in "money ideas" for future reference.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    hello beautiful people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosie9391)
    You get your timetable sorted?

Creative Writing folio 90% complete :teehee:

5 Poems (1 is a lame poem :sigh:)
    1 Reflective
    1 Prose

:teehee:
    Wow your school moves fast :p:. Well, we're concentrating more on the dissertation right now, also the prose and drama.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pedrobear)
    Filed away in "money ideas" for future reference.
    My understanding is that is a nice little earner: but for the publishers, not the author, usually.

No one else is doing creative and those that are thinking of it haven't yet started, Ape moves fast :p:
    Hmmm we never got the choice, we arrived on the first day back with fresh faces (:rolleyes:) and got told that we're doing creative writing. Tbh, I don't really care, I love creative writing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xo-Heva)
    You get your timetable sorted?
    Yeah I did but sadly I had to drop Art History . Had my first lectures today though, Geology was awesome as we talked about the moon :p: Two fieldtrips are already planned for next month, one to an aquarium!

It's called lunch :awesome:

For the reflective, which I gave in today, she said it was a fantastic piece of reflective and said there was nothing she wanted to change it. :eek: It was perfect and great the way it was.

She loved the "love" poem in which I describe what Perfection really is. :yep: That with the other 4 poems means I've compiled a solid, "A grade" creative writing folio.

I don't have to do prose :teehee:

Now for my dissertation. :sigh:
    'Awesome'! Our teacher has been off sick so we haven't been told to do anything except that Personal Reflective. Then I was off sick so I didn't do it :rolleyes: But she was astonishingly understanding and when I said "I'm so sorry but I was off school last week and -" and she just went "Oh, so you were, hand it in on Wednesday." All that angst for nothing!! :p: Why have you written so much when you're only meant to send away two pieces?

What was the inspiration for your love poem? :sexface:

I much prefer prose. :yep: I wrote about child molestation for my Standard Grade English folio and my teacher didn't think I was disturbed :eek:

(Original post by Kirsteneg)
    hello beautiful people.
    Hello darling :awesome: (I don't really say "darling" in real life, but I wish I was one of those people who could without sounding odd )

(Original post by TheUnbeliever)
    Ape, along with most of the sane world, is allowed out during frees.
    Lucky. :huff: They lock the gate so unruly sixth years don't wander off. :teehee:

'Awesome'! Our teacher has been off sick so we haven't been told to do anything except that Personal Reflective. Then I was off sick so I didn't do it :rolleyes: But she was astonishingly understanding and when I said "I'm so sorry but I was off school last week and -" and she just went "Oh, so you were, hand it in on Wednesday." All that angst for nothing!! :p: Why have you written so much when you're only meant to send away two pieces?

What was the inspiration for your love poem? :sexface:

I much prefer prose. :yep: I wrote about child molestation for my Standard Grade English folio and my teacher didn't think I was disturbed :eek:
    Oh! Not disturbed at all :p:. My English teachers seem to go crazy whenever someone in my class writes about a "mature" topic.

ReputationRep:
    Lucky. :huff: They lock the gate so unruly sixth years don't wander off. :teehee:
    Pfft, we had the reverse problem. It wasn't at all unusual for tourists and other riff raff (:p:) to come wandering through taking photos.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Pfft, we had the reverse problem. It wasn't at all unusual for tourists and other riff raff (:p:) to come wandering through taking photos.
    :rofl: You really do crack me up TheUnbeliever.

ReputationRep:
    In my school it's baseball bat weilding neds. :rolleyes:

(Original post by bex285)
    In my school it's baseball bat weilding neds. :rolleyes:
    In my school it's ex baseball bat weilding neds who have now switched to wearing Fred Perry. They also think that Kings of Leon are the be all and end all of alternative music since they released their first album 'Only By The Night' while it isn't their first album. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Madjackismad)
    In my school it's ex baseball bat weilding neds who have now switched to wearing Fred Perry. They also think that Kings of Leon are the be all and end all of alternative music since they released their first album 'Only By The Night' while it isn't their first album. :rolleyes:
    I don't know about music tastes, they always get taken away by the police before I have a chance to discuss the top 40 with them :p:

ReputationRep:
    Gah, I feel like I've been raped everytime I walk out of Higher Maths :sad: Yey for psychology.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.