Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

6th Years and Leavers :: Chat Thread #1 Watch

• View Poll Results: Highest Mark in the AH Maths Prelim :: YOUR BETS (Votes are public)
    namedeprived
    21.74%
    Ape Gone Insane [No one's going to vote for me ]
    26.09%
    Me, I take AH Maths!
    21.74%
    APE! You wasted your one chance of a poll...on THIS! NOOOOOO
    30.43%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LuhLah)
    Gah, I feel like I've been raped everytime I walk out of Higher Maths :sad: Yey for psychology.
    I'm starting to get to grips with it. Don't worry, it'll come eventually

ReputationRep:
    Haahahahahahahahahahhaha I Got A Question Right!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I hate when it takes ages to write an essay. It's taking an era to get to the end of this page.

ReputationRep:
    One thing I will comment on about creative writing is how unpredictable it is. As it is so subjective, essays your teacher thinks are very good can be marked low, a couple of people in my year suffered due to this.

(Original post by Madjackismad)
    Oh! Not disturbed at all :p:. My English teachers seem to go crazy whenever someone in my class writes about a "mature" topic.
    O RLY? My teacher positively encouraged it. :p: I was 13 at the time and my parents were like :lolwut:

(Original post by TheUnbeliever)
    Pfft, we had the reverse problem. It wasn't at all unusual for tourists and other riff raff (:P) to come wandering through taking photos.
    Classy schools are always pretty. :love:

(Original post by ApeGoneInsane)
    You don't have to send away 2. You can send away more with a common theme between them.

My inspiration...you'll never know.

I was just reading a similar A-Grade AH piece of prose by a girl called Skye. It also involved, in a way, child molestation. And the way in which it was written and the storytelling was just :coma:
    Thanks for the unnecessary sharing of her name :p: I've written four novellas which are far too long to send away They're also too ... controversial My parents already think I'm twisted. My mum said to me "Why can't you write anything happy? "

:rofl:

Oh and we simply must exchange folios once they've been sent off, Ape. :holmes: I want to see your writing chops :teeth:

I never write anything happy. When I was five, I wrote about a fish commiting suicide.

(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    That's a rather genius...plot?

*Stores idea for later use* :ninja:
    Oh go ahead. I was inspired to write it after seeing 'Free Willy'.

This message has been deleted by Madjackismad.

:ninja:
    I quoted you and it came out weird. Wrote another one anyway. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Nobody in our entire school got an appeal for either of the three sciences at Higher. One guy had 85% in the prelim and still got rejected. What a joke! It's made even worse by the fact that people have been going up from B's to A's with border A's in the prelims for subjects like RMPS and Economics. There hasn't actually been an accepted Physics appeal in our school for 4 years now. I'm dreading this year even more now as there's pretty much no chance of me falling back on prelim results if I **** up the exams.

(Original post by Enzo-259)
    Nobody in our entire school got an appeal for either of the three sciences at Higher. One guy had 85% in the prelim and still got rejected. What a joke! It's made even worse by the fact that people have been going up from B's to A's with border A's in the prelims for subjects like RMPS and Economics. There hasn't actually been an accepted Physics appeal in our school for 4 years now. I'm dreading this year even more now as there's pretty much no chance of me falling back on prelim results if I **** up the exams.
    Well work your socks off so that you don't have to appeal. A couple of girls who I know managed to get their English and Physics appeal, so I dunno what happened with your school :confused:.

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody done AH Psychology?
    :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking of dropping Higher Psychology (because I'm finding it too easy) and picking up AH.

:sigh:
    If you're finding it too easy, you should definitely get an A, which will be just as useful for your application to uni as having it at AH.

I think...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by namedeprived)
    Thanks for rep.

ReputationRep:
    AH looks so much more interesting. :sigh:
    Is it not a bit late though? I mean, it's nearly October.

ReputationRep:
    No one gets physics appeals at our school either- although I think everyone did very well this year and got their predicted grades so don't need appeals, I don't think anyone failed actually.

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking of dropping Higher Psychology (because I'm finding it too easy) and picking up AH.

I'm sure a guy at our school did both higher economics and AH in the same year. Maybe you could do the same but with psychology?

ReputationRep:

Why are you doing 4 AH and 4 Highers? Have you lost your sanity dear fellow?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Obviously means that your school set the sciences prelims too easy or mark them too lightly.
    Still waiting for my appeals results - school haven't got them from the SQA yet.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mysqa)
    The SQA website says that your school would be notified of the higher/AH appeal results by 25th September. My school has apparently not had these yet (well for higher english at least). Is there a possible reason? Thanks.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheRabbit)
    I'm sure a guy at our school did both higher economics and AH in the same year. Maybe you could do the same but with psychology?
    That's stupid as the AH cancels out the higher anyway.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.