The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Kirsteneg
Oooooooooh, no I haven't actually decided yet but I'm going to write one for english and one for biomed so when I eventually decide (no later than mid-November) I will already have a personal statement done. :yep:

This is very, very wise. :congrats:
namedeprived
Maths, probably at Glasgow, Strathclyde, St Andrews and maybe Edinburgh. Might apply for Maths + French at Glasgow as well. Unfortunatley St Andrew's don't seem to offer it any more. :frown:

Glad to see you're enjoying your start to uni by the way, Rosie. :smile:

Sounds good :smile: Thanks, yeah it's been awesome...had a geology practical today which was rather sciencey so will have to make sure I stick in with that one :p:
ArcadiaHouse
This is very, very wise. :congrats:

They don't call me..........Kirsten for nothing.. :lolwut:
This Personal Reflective is the most maddeningly frustrating essay I have ever tried to write. My desire to impress my new English teacher is overwhelming my ability to think straight, so it reads so cold and awful. I'll have to pull out all the stops next time because this isn't worthy of me. :sigh: I envy Ape and his confidence. :sad:
ArcadiaHouse
The university that everyone at my school is desperate to get into is Aberdeen :yep: for medicine, languages etc. They all say it's beautiful and has a great nightlife, but I haven't visited in years so I wouldn't know :frown: So, prepare for an influx of people from my school next year :awesome:

Haha awesome. It's a pretty wee university, different than what I expected. Has a lot of international students which was also suprising (it's been humorous seeing them in their wooly hats and jackets while the locals still walk around in t-shirts :p:) Nightlife is really good, pretty hectic though but there's a good range of clubs/societies too.
xo-Heva
It was very good. I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy inside :p:
How was yours?

Haha, did something in particular happen or was it just generally positive? :smile: My day was deadly dull and slightly frustrating, but I also received a reassuring email (I do not in fact owe the £7,500 I was billed :rofl: - which is probably a good thing, because it wasn't going to be paid).
Harold Pinter. :yawn:
Madjackismad
Harold Pinter. :yawn:

Why, oh why would you post that on a thread bursting with literature enthusiasts? :facepalm:

:colone: - this is like my trademark. :yep:
TheUnbeliever
Haha, did something in particular happen or was it just generally positive? :smile: My day was deadly dull and slightly frustrating, but I also received a reassuring email (I do not in fact owe the £7,500 I was billed :rofl: - which is probably a good thing, because it wasn't going to be paid).

Nope, just a generally positive day :smile:
:eek: £7,500?!!? What happened? Thank goodness you didn't have to pay...
Kirsteneg
:colone: - this is like my trademark. :yep:

I know, I always think of you every time I see someone use it on TSR :p:

I want a trademark too :frown: I'll have to find one :p:
Reply 6330
I want to know why my essays are being rejected :frown:
I took the time to type up an English one from last year, to no avail! :woo:
bex285
I want to know why my essays are being rejected :frown:
I took the time to type up an English one from last year, to no avail! :woo:

Do we really have to state the obvious???

:colone:
xo-Heva
:eek: £7,500?!!? What happened? Thank goodness you didn't have to pay...

Because of the circuitous method of updating my details with SAAS (wait for letter from Queens', then sent letter to SAAS, wait for letter from SAAS, send letter to Queens'), Queens' hadn't received proof of my funding status for the next year so I was billed the full whack. £3,225 for tuition fees which should be paid by loan, £4,350 for college fees which you're exempt from entirely as a home student. I was fairly certain I knew what was happening, but it was still nice to have the official email!
Reply 6333
Kirsteneg

:eviltongue: :bawling:

:huff:
Kirsteneg

Ooo how harsh.
good night. :goodnight:
Reply 6336
TheUnbeliever
Because of the circuitous method of updating my details with SAAS (wait for letter from Queens', then sent letter to SAAS, wait for letter from SAAS, send letter to Queens'), Queens' hadn't received proof of my funding status for the next year so I was billed the full whack. £3,225 for tuition fees which should be paid by loan, £4,350 for college fees which you're exempt from entirely as a home student. I was fairly certain I knew what was happening, but it was still nice to have the official email!

So it's not actually as extortionate as people make out? :woo:
Reply 6337
Kirsteneg
good night. :goodnight:

good riddance

:awesome:

I kid!! :p:
bex285
:eviltongue: :bawling:

:huff:

pppppppppft. You know I'm only joking.

TheUnbeliever

Jeez. It must have been rather worrying though. At least its sorted.

Latest