Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

6th Years and Leavers :: Chat Thread #1 Watch

• View Poll Results: Highest Mark in the AH Maths Prelim :: YOUR BETS (Votes are public)
    namedeprived
    21.74%
    Ape Gone Insane [No one's going to vote for me ]
    26.09%
    Me, I take AH Maths!
    21.74%
    APE! You wasted your one chance of a poll...on THIS! NOOOOOO
    30.43%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    And then namedeprived woke from his dream of dreams and realised that Ape was superior.

:awesome:
    I thought that, given you'd summoned me from the other thread there was something witty/interesting in store. Unfortunatley not.

One of my friends has swine flu!! :eek3: In the middle of UCAS applications ...

(Original post by moonshine_1991)
    Is anyone doing higher modern studies this year? If so what is the course code in UCAS? There is two so I'm not sure which one to pick.
    I'm doing Modern and I saw your question a few pages back but I had no clue, sorry. :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by namedeprived)
    I thought that, given you'd summoned me from the other thread there was something witty/interesting in store. Unfortunatley not.
    I just thought I'd wind you up some more.

ReputationRep:
    Vey good guys, very good. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArcadiaHouse)
    I'm doing Modern and I saw your question a few pages back but I had no clue, sorry. :o:
    That's fine, I might just do eeni meeni mini mo and take a risk :p: . I have a more pressing matter concerning my choices. I am applying for 3 law courses and two history, so far I have decided where I am applying for law and 1 of the history places but I have decide between Edinburgh and Glasgow for history. My dilemma is that since I live in Edinburgh I might have a better chance of being accepted there. Glasgow or Edinburgh? Someone make the decision for me!

Meh, this weather sucks. This is the time when no one goes out anymore with the exception of parties and stuff at christmas.

(Original post by xo-Heva)
    Have never had my nationality used against me before.
    In one thread a guy from Essex said "Lol @ a Scottish person talking about spelling." :lolwut:

In one thread a guy from Essex said "Lol @ a Scottish person talking about spelling." :lolwut:
    Tell him that he's from Essex. :cool:

Tell him to get laid.
    Allow me: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...php?p=21045310

EDIT: Scroll up :teeth:

There's a rumour flying about today that two 5th years had sex in the senior toilets.:p: The two in question were off today, all the depute heads were running about demented yesterday. Just as well, me and my friend didn't catch them at it during bully patrol, bloody prefect life :sigh:

Arcadia...that's 4 weeks old.

:sigh:
    ... Yes, and the point was that people on TSR have Scottish stereotypes. That was a recent example. :lolwut:

(Original post by Madjackismad)
    There's a rumour flying about today that two 5th years had sex in the senior toilets.:p: The two in question were off today, all the depute heads were running about demented yesterday. Just as well, me and my friend didn't catch them at it during bully patrol, bloody prefect life :sigh:
    Not as bad as what I overhead a 4th year shrieking: "She got shagged in the toilets at Tesco, she's 14 and it's her 3rd boy, he fingered her but she was on her period" :sigh:

State schoolies eh? :awesome:

Not as bad as what I overhead a 4th year shrieking: "She got shagged in the toilets at Tesco, she's 14 and it's her 3rd boy, he fingered her but she was on her period" :sigh:

State schoolies eh? :awesome:
    :yep: None of that private school nonsense.

(Original post by Pedrobear)
    D'you remember a few weeks ago you said something about how an Edinburgh tutor (I think?) told you that in the coming years it'll become more difficult to switch to an Honours subject other than that you initially applied for? Just wondering, did I read you right on that one? Only I'm perhapsmaybeprobably applying for History but I'd have liked to have the option open to change to English when the time comes.

"When the time comes."
    Very Lion King.
    ^^LMAO!!!

What she said was that people who apply for something like Divinity then try to switch to single honours English in their first week probably won't be able to because it's such a high-demand subject. That was just for first year entry though. I'm sure that people will have a change of heart later on and may switch to something else, so I think you'll be able to switch later on if you want. You might want to check though

Our teacher was saying "Apply for Divinity then switch to English because it's so competitive," but I think that's far too risky so I'm going for the big guns.

(Original post by Madjackismad)
    :yep: None of that private school nonsense.
    I would wager that private schoolers do far worse, although not in a supermarket toilet. Maybe Daddy's pool table/jacuzzi :p: :p:

I would wager that private schoolers do far worse, although not in a supermarket toilet. Maybe Daddy's pool table/jacuzzi :p: :p:
    Or in the back of his Porsche, on a hill that overlooks Newton Mearns.

It's happy hour. :awesome:

LOL cover me. :awesome:
    As you run up to the bar with your fake ID, asking rather nervously if you can have a double vodka and coke and sadly being rejected? :awesome:

:yep: :yep: :yep:

:sad:
    Don't worry, it's essential to the development of a teenager. We have all been through it, every male, because girls can get drinks too easily.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.