Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

6th Years and Leavers :: Chat Thread #1 Watch

• View Poll Results: Highest Mark in the AH Maths Prelim :: YOUR BETS (Votes are public)
    namedeprived
    21.74%
    Ape Gone Insane [No one's going to vote for me ]
    26.09%
    Me, I take AH Maths!
    21.74%
    APE! You wasted your one chance of a poll...on THIS! NOOOOOO
    30.43%

(Original post by LuhLah)
    Grit your teeth and start writing, lol.

English, the subject so vitial to our communication stance and also my talent. Ever since I x I always wanted to study x. The manipluation of words in such ways BLA BLA BLA
    I've written most of it in my head so it's just a case of putting it down on paper ... and re-drafting endlessly :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArcadiaHouse)
    Thank you :love: I overheard my mum on the phone to my aunt saying "I couldn't spend all day in TK Maxx" :rofl:
    Haha, I used to get that all the time with Tesco or "doesn't that beeping drive you mad?" :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xo-Heva)
    Its not hard, the work is piss easy.
    However there is an awful lot of it... I'm really falling behind in it actually. I have a report to write for monday, which I haven't started yet despite getting it 3 weeks ago. I'm away all weekend too. I'll have to rush it on Sunday evening.

How are the highers? :p:
    English is starting to become a hemorrhoid, but it's manageable. Maths is just gay, I die a little inside every time I walk out the class. Chemistry is good. Human Biology is good. Psychology is just :awesome:.

Um, please say I'm not the only one who hasn't started studying?? All the motivation hath left me.

English is starting to become a hemorrhoid, but it's manageable. Maths is just gay, I die a little inside every time I walk out the class. Chemistry is good. Human Biology is good. Psychology is just :awesome:.

Um, please say I'm not the only one who hasn't started studying?? All the motivation hath left me.
    :love:

ReputationRep:

You are not the only one who hasn't started studying. Trust me.

And to be honest you don't need to for a good while yet.

Why aren't you liking Maths?

ReputationRep:
    Dam it, why is TSR such a distraction...should be looking over my planetary geology lecture!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosie9391)
    Hows your job hunting/interviews going?
    Really badly... I've been into tesco 3 times asking for an application form now and each time they don't give me saying there are no jobs There are none anywhere else. I've been to job centre and everything.

Poundland is away to open where woolies used to be but they've given out all the jobs In the springfield retail park, boots is about to open, beside Next. But they've employed all their staff too. I can't seem to find an opening for the new matalan either

My mate just got a job at tesco. I'd really love it there too. Or asda. Somewhere that pays good because its the only money I get now a days.

Gosh, sorry, I sound like such a moan!

ReputationRep:

Nah, you don't start studying until a few days before your prelims. Got that? Good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by namedeprived)
    You are not the only one who hasn't started studying. Trust me.

And to be honest you don't need to for a good while yet.

Why aren't you liking Maths?
    We use that shitty "Maths In Action" book in class. The thing is, I honestly just dunno what to study. With that book, everything builds on and builds on so I don't really know what level to study at, if you get what I mean :indiff: Like with functions, we started off working out f(g(x)) and then it jumps to drawing graphs with the quadratic rule :bawling:

"I'M MOVING BACK INTO INT 2

:bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    Really badly... I've been into tesco 3 times asking for an application form now and each time they don't give me saying there are no jobs There are none anywhere else. I've been to job centre and everything.

Poundland is away to open where woolies used to be but they've given out all the jobs In the springfield retail park, boots is about to open, beside Next. But they've employed all their staff too. I can't seem to find an opening for the new matalan either

My mate just got a job at tesco. I'd really love it there too. Or asda. Somewhere that pays good because its the only money I get now a days.

Gosh, sorry, I sound like such a moan!
    That sucks...emm I'm out of suggestions apart from McDonalds? For the likes of Tesco/Asda/Moonsoon/Next, they usually start seasonal job advertisement around October so lookout for that.

Oh dear.

ReputationRep:
    We use that shitty "Maths In Action" book in class. The thing is, I honestly just dunno what to study. With that book, everything builds on and builds on so I don't really know what level to study at, if you get what I mean :indiff: Like with functions, we started off working out f(g(x)) and then it jumps to drawing graphs with the quadratic rule :bawling:

"I'M MOVING BACK INTO INT 2

:bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:
    Don't give up, keep on at it...seriously it will/should click all of a sudden especially once you start applying the knowledge to past papers.

ReputationRep:
    That sucks...emm I'm out of suggestions apart from McDonalds? For the likes of Tesco/Asda/Moonsoon/Next, they usually start seasonal job advertisement around October so lookout for that.
    Ooh, thats a good idea. I shall go for another trip to Job Centre Plus next friday I think. See if theres anything up for grabs :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Madjackismad)
    Oh dear.
    oh dear what?

oh dear what?
    That was a response to Luhlah, sorry forgot to quote her. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Ooh, thats a good idea. I shall go for another trip to Job Centre Plus next friday I think. See if theres anything up for grabs :teeth:
    Meh don't you just hate going down there, I always feel looked down on

ReputationRep:
    Nah, you don't start studying until a few days before your prelims. Got that? Good.
    I passed my chemistry NAB without revision lol the rest of em are in december

ReputationRep:
    I passed my chemistry NAB without revision lol the rest of em are in december
    December? Thats rather early?
    And oooh, tut tut!

ReputationRep:
    Meh don't you just hate going down there, I always feel looked down on
    Yeh... but I like using the wee machines!!
    I always print off 1000s of wee paper things because I feel special :p:

ReputationRep:
    Oooh I just got rather exicited/giggly at the thought of sailing in the morning! Awesome :excited:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.