Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

6th Years and Leavers :: Chat Thread #1 Watch

• View Poll Results: Highest Mark in the AH Maths Prelim :: YOUR BETS (Votes are public)
    namedeprived
    21.74%
    Ape Gone Insane [No one's going to vote for me ]
    26.09%
    Me, I take AH Maths!
    21.74%
    APE! You wasted your one chance of a poll...on THIS! NOOOOOO
    30.43%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xo-Heva)
    Yeh... but I like using the wee machines!!
    I always print off 1000s of wee paper things because I feel special :p:
    Yeah they are fun...I liked looking at the international jobs for my intended degree :p:

ReputationRep:
    Oooh. I missed Derren Brown tonight.

ReputationRep:
    He was no good. It was all a big PR stunt.

ReputationRep:
    December? Thats rather early?
    And oooh, tut tut!
    Um, I thought that would be rather late since they are only the first NABs ... :erm:

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else finding UCAS a royal pain in the arse? Why do they have to make things so ******* difficult?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LuhLah)
    Um, I thought that would be rather late since they are only the first NABs ... :erm:
    Your prelims are your first nabs? I'm confused now...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moonshine_1991)
    Is anyone else finding UCAS a royal pain in the arse? Why do they have to make things so ******* difficult?!
    Sorta. I hate the way how the whole PS thing is structured...I wouldn't mind making up 5 different PS's, I hate the fact that I need all the 5 same choices to fit it. The qualifications thing is over-complicated too.

ReputationRep:
    I miss TV altogether...dam signal here is pants

Anyone know how to improve a TV signal?

ReputationRep:
    Sorta. I hate the way how the whole PS thing is structured...I wouldn't mind making up 5 different PS's, I hate the fact that I need all the 5 same choices.
    I would rather fill out 5 separate applications that go directly to the uni so you can be course and uni specific in the statement. Does anyone know exactly why there are more than one course codes for most of the subjects? There isn't even an explanation on UCAS of what each code is.
    UCAS sucks ass :yep: .

ReputationRep:
    Night folks! :sleep:

ReputationRep:
    Your prelims are your first nabs? I'm confused now...
    Damn.

You said about the prelims, and I was talking about my first chemistry NAB. And then you said "that's a bit early", so me assuming you were talking about the NABs replyed with that because college is awkward and we dont sit out first NABs until thingby december and the prelims are in march.

Isnt it bad that like the nabs are in december? (the first ones)?? :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Damn.

You said about the prelims, and I was talking about my first chemistry NAB. And then you said "that's a bit early", so me assuming you were talking about the NABs replyed with that because college is awkward and we dont sit out first NABs until thingby december and the prelims are in march.

Isnt it bad that like the nabs are in december? (the first ones)?? :awesome:
    Ooooooh. Understood :p:
    And, wow! At school our prelims were always the back end of January.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosie9391)
    Night folks! :sleep:
    Night night xx

ReputationRep:
    I would rather fill out 5 separate applications that go directly to the uni so you can be course and uni specific in the statement. Does anyone know exactly why there are more than one course codes for most of the subjects? There isn't even an explanation on UCAS of what each code is.
    Me too!
    And the code thing; sometimes there are different variations of the course (like BA, MA, DipHE) or the uni simply want it to be under said code. For example, when searching for biomedical science with B490 (I think) some of the results came up with counselling studies :dontknow: Just make sure you put in the right one.

ReputationRep:
    Ooooooh. Understood :p:
    And, wow! At school our prelims were always the back end of January.
    Yeah, hence why I'm worried

ReputationRep:
    Me too!
    And the code thing; sometimes there are different variations of the course (like BA, MA, DipHE) or the uni simply want it to be under said code. For example, when searching for biomedical science with B490 (I think) some of the results came up with counselling studies :dontknow: Just make sure you put in the right one.
    Exactly! I checked all of my choices about a dozen times in case I had chosen golf course management or something :p: .
    BTW do you have any opinions on Glasgow uni? I am trying to choose between it and Edinburgh for my final choice on UCAS.

ReputationRep:
    There's not much on it, just make sure you have the right course code before submitting :p:
    http://www.ucas.ac.uk/he_staff/datam...dingprinciples

ReputationRep:
    Exactly! I checked all of my choices about a dozen times in case I had chosen golf course management or something :p: .
    BTW do you have any opinions on Glasgow uni? I am trying to choose between it and Edinburgh for my final choice on UCAS.
    My best mate went there to the open day. Compared to Glasgow Cali, she didn't like it.

Not sure if that helps though, I didn't see it personally.

ReputationRep:
    Night night everyone.
    Love you all.
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying to all 3 of the glasgow unis :yep: Glasgow has good career prospects and I love the way how the biomed course is structured there & glasgow generally (and it looks like hogwarts) so I'm applying there :ninja:

Does it snow in glasgow? :awesome:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.