Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

6th Years and Leavers :: Chat Thread #1 Watch

• View Poll Results: Highest Mark in the AH Maths Prelim :: YOUR BETS (Votes are public)
    namedeprived
    21.74%
    Ape Gone Insane [No one's going to vote for me ]
    26.09%
    Me, I take AH Maths!
    21.74%
    APE! You wasted your one chance of a poll...on THIS! NOOOOOO
    30.43%

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear. :o:

(Original post by rosie9391)
    What time is your appointment tomorrow?
    9.30. I haven't finished unpacking yet, though, so I'm going to scoot round and do that first.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheUnbeliever)
    Oh dear. :o:

9.30. I haven't finished unpacking yet, though, so I'm going to scoot round and do that first.
    Haha Morning :awesome:
    Whats the plans for later on?

ReputationRep:
    Don't drink and TSR Unbeliever, you know the law :p: People could have been harmed!

ReputationRep:
    Haha Morning :awesome:
    Whats the plans for later on?
    We have a tour of Cambridge with our college families, where we buy our gowns. Then I think I have to go to a thing to find out more about the natural science part(s) of my course. In the evening, there's a meeting ('squash') for people interested in taking up rowing which I'm planning on going to. Then probably an early night/watching a DVD because most people are headed off for a club, but I'm not 18 yet.

(Original post by Meteorshower)
    Don't drink and TSR Unbeliever, you know the law :p: People could have been harmed!
    Haha! I think I shall endeavour for a little more restraint in my drinking for the rest of the week. :rolleyes: How're you getting on?

We have a tour of Cambridge with our college families, where we buy our gowns. Then I think I have to go to a thing to find out more about the natural science part(s) of my course. In the evening, there's a meeting ('squash') for people interested in taking up rowing which I'm planning on going to. Then probably an early night/watching a DVD because most people are headed off for a club, but I'm not 18 yet.

Haha! I think I shall endeavour for a little more restraint in my drinking for the rest of the week. :rolleyes: How're you getting on?
    You could go to the club with your new friends, I bet they would let you in since it's freshers week and stuff. How's your hangover? :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting on great, my workload is pretty high so far just because I decided to be awkward and do lots of stuff but i'm enjoying it which is good! I've taken up debating, which is an awful lot of fun. I met an amazing girl also, so my singledom didn't last too long which is a plus! Meeting her parents today :eek3:

Yeah basically I absolutely love the whole ethos of uni, being independent, eccentric professors etc

I hope you enjoy Freshers week! (and beyond) Tell us how you get on

ReputationRep:
    If you sit say, 2 NABs and fail the 3rd but pass the exam, and next year you do the 3rd nab...would you need to resit the exam too or would you get the overall award? :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LuhLah)
    If you sit say, 2 NABs and fail the 3rd but pass the exam, and next year you do the 3rd nab...would you need to resit the exam too or would you get the overall award? :awesome:
    You'd still need to sit the exam. I think.

ReputationRep:
    According to my History teacher you'd do the exam and then in the following month or whatever you'd sit the NAB. Can't say how reliable his advice is.

I met an amazing girl also, so my singledom didn't last too long which is a plus!
    2 weeks and you're already in there. Smooth operator!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vitamin D)
    You'd still need to sit the exam. I think.

No - you don't.

But you have to resit the NAB asap. And well before the current year's exam diet.

Then you will get an amended certificate to show course and external assessment both passed.

ReputationRep:
    I forgot you get to wear gowns, thats pretty awesome! I was thinking about doing rowing too but sailing has 3 meet ups a week! Disappointed Unbeliever at the under age drinking. :p:

ReputationRep:
    you can do the third nab next year and get the award. guy i know got a B in music in the exam but had to pass a nab before january of the next year to get the award.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pedrobear)

2 weeks and you're already in there. Smooth operator!
    Actually it was like 4 days... I just hadn't told you guys :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dado Prso)
    you can do the third nab next year and get the award. guy i know got a B in music in the exam but had to pass a nab before january of the next year to get the award.
    Coolies :cool: There is a course at college where you can do Highers but you only do the NABs but no exam. Sooo many loopholes :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    Coolies :cool: There is a course at college where you can do Highers but you only do the NABs but no exam. Sooo many loopholes :eek3:
    You can do that school too. You don't get the full higher just a pass at eh units so you can't really use it to get into uni. People at school usually did that if they got below 30% in the prelim.

ReputationRep:
    Actually it was like 4 days... I just hadn't told you guys :p:
    How are you finding the lectures?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moonshine_1991)
    You can do that school too. You don't get the full higher just a pass at eh units so you can't really use it to get into uni. People at school usually did that if they got below 30% in the prelim.
    Oh...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Madjackismad)
    You could go to the club with your new friends, I bet they would let you in since it's freshers week and stuff. How's your hangover? :p:
    Possibly... but it didn't sound likely, from what the reps were saying. Hangover wasn't too bad - bit rough in the morning, but after breakfast and a wander around it was alright.

I'm getting on great, my workload is pretty high so far just because I decided to be awkward and do lots of stuff but i'm enjoying it which is good! I've taken up debating, which is an awful lot of fun. I met an amazing girl also, so my singledom didn't last too long which is a plus! Meeting her parents today :eek3:

Yeah basically I absolutely love the whole ethos of uni, being independent, eccentric professors etc
    Fantastic Workload's good - after all, you do actually want a degree at the end of it! I saw you'd met someone :ninja: hope it works out for you; good luck with the 'rents, though, haha. Eccentric professors sounds about right... a friend at Edinburgh claims his economics lecturer uses a light saber as a pointer in lectures.

I forgot you get to wear gowns, thats pretty awesome! I was thinking about doing rowing too but sailing has 3 meet ups a week! Disappointed Unbeliever at the under age drinking. :p:
    I thought most universities did? We just wear them more often (and Oxford more often still - they have to wear full academic dress for exams). I haven't sailed in ages, and I don't think I will be any time soon. Do you sail at home?

I would point out, though, that there was nothing 'under age' about my drinking. The legal age for buying alcohol is 18 (with various exceptions, etc).

ReputationRep:
    :confused:
    Meh, you always call me by my first name (which i like btw, i feel computerised when im addressed by my username). I don't know yours and I always feel rude calling you 'TheUnbeliever,' but I guess you're keeping your true identity secret :p:

Oooh, and when I was in Dundee, there was a shop called 'Pie Bob' :rofl: I couldn't stop laughing :p:

How has everyone been in the brief 24 hours of my absence?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    This isn't something you see often :awesome:
    It's not something I'm planning on happening again. :p:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.