Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

6th Years and Leavers :: Chat Thread #1 Watch

• View Poll Results: Highest Mark in the AH Maths Prelim :: YOUR BETS (Votes are public)
    namedeprived
    21.74%
    Ape Gone Insane [No one's going to vote for me ]
    26.09%
    Me, I take AH Maths!
    21.74%
    APE! You wasted your one chance of a poll...on THIS! NOOOOOO
    30.43%

(Original post by ArcadiaHouse)
    'That Face' - Polly Stenham at The Tron.
    You mean like this?!

:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iaincarinish)
    Out of interest, all you guys heading to uni without having had a job, how are you planning to finance it?

Bank of Mum and Dad? :awesome:
    I've had a job for the past two years but don't really want to touch that savings money so plan on living off the loan and bursary. Freshers week has been painful on the bank account though :sigh:

If a competition is open for 8 weeks and I enter 6 weeks later, do you think that's entering at the "last minute"?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    If a competition is open for 8 weeks and I enter 6 weeks later, do you think that's entering at the "last minute"?
    ermmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kirsteneg)
    How was your Aberdeen trip? :awesome:

ermmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........
    No? :p: It's just that I've just read an article where most entires statistically arrive in the last ten days, and if you're earlier, you stand a better chance. :sigh: Well if two weeks is 'plenty of time', that's dandy

ReputationRep:
    No? :p: It's just that I've just read an article where most entires statistically arrive in the last ten days, and if you're earlier, you stand a better chance. :sigh: Well if two weeks is 'plenty of time', that's dandy
    Enter now, it'll be fine.
    Whats it on? Any nice prizes?

I entered an art competition as a kid for drawing a poster reminding people to wash their hands after using the toilet. I won! I got a photo in the newspaper and my poster was put in school and public bathrooms all over the county I used to live in. But I didn't get a prize as such... not a physical one anyway. I got first place aswell. The boy and girl who got second and thrid got wee goody bags and a 'bop it.' I just remember thinking 'I wish I got second place...' :p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosie9391)
    How was your Aberdeen trip? :awesome:
    Rubbish. A certain someone forgot to bring money so we had to go to McDonald's instead of TGIs. And then drove back home to get the purse and back into Aberdeen again to drop my sister at the bus station.

ReputationRep:
    Rubbish. A certain someone forgot to bring money so we had to go to McDonald's instead of TGIs. And then drove back home to get the purse and back into Aberdeen again to drop my sister at the bus station.
    Oh...well at least it was more exciting than my day!

(Original post by xo-Heva)
    Enter now, it'll be fine.
    Whats it on? Any nice prizes?

I entered an art competition as a kid for drawing a poster reminding people to wash their hands after using the toilet. I won! I got a photo in the newspaper and my poster was put in school and public bathrooms all over the county I used to live in. But I didn't get a prize as such... not a physical one anyway. I got first place aswell. The boy and girl who got second and thrid got wee goody bags and a 'bop it.' I just remember thinking 'I wish I got second place...' :p:
    :rofl:! Did you put it in your PS? I won a poetry competition at 11 and came joint first with my friend :huff: :p:

It's a competition to write a play. The winner gets to meet an obscure writer :awesome: I've been ill for two weeks so haven't been able to write anything decent, so I'm aiming to enter just after the October break so the drama teacher can look over it. I'll probably end up entering 10 days before the closing date. :rolleyes:

That's a shame, you should've got a physical prize! :yep: I won £6 of Woolworths vouchers (RIP) and bought a toy Boohbah. :love:

ReputationRep:
    Mm. Night night yous lot xxx
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosie9391)
    Oh...well at least it was more exciting than my day!
    explain.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Mm. Night night yous lot xxx
    night.

ReputationRep:
    explain.
    I watched a movie. Feel really weird tonight, don't why but just not myself.

ReputationRep:
    If a girl is usually a size 8/10, is a 12 too much of a jump? It's a coat. :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pedrobear)
    If a girl is usually a size 8/10, is a 12 too much of a jump? It's a coat. :o:
    Depends how it looks. Have you tried it on? Does it look baggy?
    I would have thought it'd look huge but depends on the style really.

ReputationRep:
    Depends how it looks. Have you tried it on? Does it look baggy?
    I would have thought it'd look huge but depends on the style really.
    Ah, curses. It does look sort of baggy, yeah. Ha, it's not for me! I'd probably get some funny looks if I tried a lady's coat on in the middle of M&S.

Oh well. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Katie said she can't help but smile at your efforts. :p:

I said...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHA :sigh:
    Girlfriend birthdays are so much easier when you have money! This time last year I was laid back relaxin' all cool and shooting some lovely presents outside the school; but I had £1000+ in my bank account then. I now have £1.16 exactly. So for the past week I have been eBaying like crazy. :sigh:

I was thinking of a Tiffany bracelet, or a Swarovski farmyard animal set, but I need more time to decide on finances. All I've decided on for sure is a framed painting and a toy of that doll from Saw...

Although if I had the money at this moment in time, my prime idea would be this; http://www.cliveranger.co.uk/dressri...set/item345538 :awesome: maybe in a few years...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pedrobear)
    Ah, curses. It does look sort of baggy, yeah. Ha, it's not for me! I'd probably get some funny looks if I tried a lady's coat on in the middle of M&S.
    Oh well. Thanks.
    Do it!! And post pics!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Hot Air Balloon ride is always a winner. :yep:
    That's actually a pretty creative idea. I dunno what I think of "trip" gifts though; I was considering a pony trek too but meh.

Don't suppose you know any restaurants in Glasgow which could accomodate a £1.16 budget? :awesome:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.