Turn on thread page Beta

6th Years and Leavers :: Chat Thread #1 watch

• View Poll Results: Highest Mark in the AH Maths Prelim :: YOUR BETS (Votes are public)
    namedeprived
    21.74%
    Ape Gone Insane [No one's going to vote for me ]
    26.09%
    Me, I take AH Maths!
    21.74%
    APE! You wasted your one chance of a poll...on THIS! NOOOOOO
    30.43%

(Original post by rosie9391)
    Think so (never done chemistry :o:) but it's part of the petroleum geology lecture on absolute time to determine the age of rocks. :awesome:
    :lolwut:

I am in awe of my cousin's first in Geography. There is soooo much to remember! :woo: Although, it seems that people who are into Geography are really into it

Cba with Tennessee Williams I wanted to write about Scenes One and Two tonight and am halfway through Scene One. :sigh: But it's all relevant! :rolleyes:

I'm still wondering if Kirsten is that girl on the far left of the couch, or the one on the far right. :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Madjackismad)
    I'm still wondering if Kirsten is that girl on the far left of the couch, or the one on the far right. :holmes:
    And I'm still wondering what that damn picture of you was that I missed...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArcadiaHouse)

I am in awe of my cousin's first in Geography. There is soooo much to remember! :woo: Although, it seems that people who are into Geography are really into it

Cba with Tennessee Williams I wanted to write about Scenes One and Two tonight and am halfway through Scene One. :sigh: But it's all relevant! :rolleyes:
    Yeah there is, the size of the text books are depressing...and thats only first year! I was in my element today in an Oceanography lecture, always wanted to study it plus it tied in nicely with the climate change lecture. :p:

What Williams play are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    I already told you :p:

ReputationRep:
    If you are THAT curious.
    Oooh, you do look like ape.

Aaah I feel part of something now.

:woo:

ReputationRep:
    I decided to water my spider plant last night and it seems to have magically sprung back to life over the past 24 hours... woop.

Anyway, night night everyone xx

(Original post by rosie9391)
    What Williams play are you doing?
    'A Streetcar Named Desire'. There's loads to say, and every damned thing seems too important to leave out, so it's going to be looooong. :p:

Lmao, and I thought the Higher Geography book was huge!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper

Tennessee Williams...........oh dear. when you read the play (Streetcar) purely for reading it's amazing, but once you study it in depth it's *****...like To Kill a Mockingbird. Let's face it, it's no Hamlet. :yep:

We've done notes up to scene 8 but we're only on scene 3 in class. :no:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by xo-Heva)
    I decided to water my spider plant last night and it seems to have magically sprung back to life over the past 24 hours... woop.

Anyway, night night everyone xx
    night.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    hehehe. You've already been told. :hahaha:

ReputationRep:
    Anyone wanna write an essay on streetcar for me? :awesome: Oh and read some frankenstein, do some TA and an essay on the validness of Ainsworths' study on attachment??? eh eh??? :awesome:

All due for tomorrrrrow :awesome:

:bawling:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by LuhLah)
    Anyone wanna write an essay on streetcar for me? :awesome: Oh and read some frankenstein, do some TA and an essay on the validness of Ainsworths' study on attachment??? eh eh??? :awesome:

Yes. :p: With pleasure.

(Original post by Kirsteneg)
    Tennessee Williams...........oh dear. when you read the play (Streetcar) purely for reading it's amazing, but once you study it in depth it's *****...like To Kill a Mockingbird. Let's face it, it's no Hamlet. :yep:

We've done notes up to scene 8 but we're only on scene 3 in class. :no:
    My friend is being so aloof about it. She's already handed the essay in (due for Thursday) and refuses to discuss what she wrote, or how long it was. :indiff: She's hardly Shakespeare so I don't see what she has to be so ******* secretive about [/rant]

We've done up to scene 8, but only up to scene 6 in class. I agree, I don't like it much; I would've been happier with more of the Bard. :awesome:

Do they give out awards for Advanced Highers? :flutter:

(Original post by LuhLah)

This is why I hated 5th year. :hugs:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    My friend is being so aloof about it. She's already handed the essay in (due for Thursday) and refuses to discuss what she wrote, or how long it was. :indiff: She's hardly Shakespeare so I don't see what she has to be so ******* secretive about [/rant]

We've done up to scene 8, but only up to scene 6 in class. I agree, I don't like it much; I would've been happier with more of the Bard. :awesome:

Do they give out awards for Advanced Highers? :flutter:
    Yeah, well my school do awards for AHs. But only if someone actually got an A (not like someone failed and someone got a C so they get the prize :p: ). Judging by the flutter I guess you're going for it? Me too. Since I got the highest prelim mark for higher out of the people in my AH class. :flutter:

(Original post by Kirsteneg)
    Yeah, well my school do awards for AHs. But only if someone actually got an A (not like someone failed and someone got a C so they get the prize :p: ). Judging by the flutter I guess you're going for it? Me too. Since I got the highest prelim mark for higher out of the people in my AH class. :flutter:
    Do they give an award to everyone who gets an A, or just the person with the highest A? Did you get the award for Higher English? The guy who got it in my year got Bs all year and doesn't give a crap about English, LOL

Well, me and this other girl are kind of in direct competition as we were jointly awarded Standard Grade English. Because she got a higher A than me, she's stopped letting me see her essays and talking about English altogether with me as if I'm going to copy her, which I take as a real insult because I've coped fine without needing to consult her on anything. But if she gets the award, she'll be insufferable. :sigh: I hope either a) we both get it, b) there's a 'surprise' winner, like this year, or c) I get it, so she won't have to ask the headmaster to not give her the award before they were actually announced and it turned out that she wasn't getting it anyway ...

ReputationRep:
    Do you lot actually get anything decent for winning a school subject award?

i shared maths + won bus man last year. £12 book token for each, not completely terrible i guess.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Do they give an award to everyone who gets an A, or just the person with the highest A? Did you get the award for Higher English? The guy who got it in my year got Bs all year and doesn't give a crap about English, LOL

Well, me and this other girl are kind of in direct competition as we were jointly awarded Standard Grade English. Because she got a higher A than me, she's stopped letting me see her essays and talking about English altogether with me as if I'm going to copy her, which I take as a real insult because I've coped fine without needing to consult her on anything. But if she gets the award, she'll be insufferable. :indiff: I hope either a) we both get it, b) there's a 'surprise' winner, like this year, or c) I get it, so she won't have to ask the headmaster to not give her the award before they were actually announced and it turned out that she wasn't getting it anyway ...
    They give the prize to the person with the highest prelim mark, so just one. No I didn't get it last year, someone who got 89/100 beat me to it. [/bitter]
    The person I'm in the most competition with is a good friend who isn't arrogant or cocky and would be happy whoever got the prize. Thank goodness my other ('superior') 'friend' doesn't do AH. If she won the prize then I wouldn't hear the end of it, like the 5 A's. :rolleyes: It's okay though because I did better than her at higher, even though I was actually **** at SG. Oh how things change. [/rant]

ReputationRep:
    I got the admin (:p: ) prize in 5th year and got a book token too. Had to buy a book relevant to the subjects I was doing in 6th year though.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.