Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

6th Years and Leavers :: Chat Thread #1 watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Highest Mark in the AH Maths Prelim :: YOUR BETS (Votes are public)
    namedeprived
    21.74%
    Ape Gone Insane [No one's going to vote for me ]
    26.09%
    Me, I take AH Maths!
    21.74%
    APE! You wasted your one chance of a poll...on THIS! NOOOOOO
    30.43%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosie9391)
    Higher maths at gcse? :confused:

Travel and Tourism sounds interest though, I'm not biased at all (Geography student here :p:).
    wel you no how you do higher, or foundation lol
    ah geography how cool, i love anything to do with travel so i really enjoy it and it shows in my work, cause i ended up being nominated for an award in it and winning :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LuhLah)
    Just generally the work load, and the constant complicated steam of work/homework. The thought of having to do the critical essay paper just makes me want to **** twice and die.

Just think at the end of it, your going to have an awesome grade in English! :p: My English teacher never gave out any homework and we had to literally beg for a study group. Hmm...and I wonder why my schools results are crap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by irishgal101)
    wel you no how you do higher, or foundation lol
    ah geography how cool, i love anything to do with travel so i really enjoy it and it shows in my work, cause i ended up being nominated for an award in it and winning :woo:
    Oh right...got confused since this was the scottish qualifications sub-forum :p:.

Ace, admittedly I haven't had much opportunities to travel hence why I perhaps thrive in Geography so much - need to get some done over summer/once uni finishes.
    Are you heading off to uni next year or college?

ReputationRep:
    Just think at the end of it, your going to have an awesome grade in English! :p: My English teacher never gave out any homework and we had to literally beg for a study group. Hmm...and I wonder why my schools results are crap.
    True. College seem to be tempting me to drop H English, as 5 Highers is wayyyy too much, apparently. At this rate, I feel ready to take it, Lol.

ReputationRep:
    Oh right...got confused since this was the scottish qualifications sub-forum :p:.

Ace, admittedly I haven't had much opportunities to travel hence why I perhaps thrive in Geography so much - need to get some done over summer/once uni finishes.
    Are you heading off to uni next year or college?

oh is it, never realised lol

ye uni, needa get that sorted, thou dont no what i wana do !

ReputationRep:
    oh is it, never realised lol

ye uni, needa get that sorted, thou dont no what i wana do !
    Haha, we are used to the odd visitor popping in by for a chat. :p:

Will you be going next year or taking a gap year? You'll still have the lovely task that is UCAS!

ReputationRep:
    Haha, we are used to the odd visitor popping in by for a chat. :p:

Will you be going next year or taking a gap year? You'll still have the lovely task that is UCAS!
    add me on msn its on my page!
    and i mite finish uni then travel!!
    i really wana travel, i mite go 2 camp america this summer seems really cool
    omg i wrote 3 pages other day on personal statement thingy!! ahh seems alot of hard work

ReputationRep:
    True. College seem to be tempting me to drop H English, as 5 Highers is wayyyy too much, apparently. At this rate, I feel ready to take it, Lol.
    Don't drop English though (maths if any since you picked it up later :p:) but you should be ok, perhaps give yourself a wee break as you seem to be doing a lot of work just now!

ReputationRep:
    add me on msn its on my page!
    and i mite finish uni then travel!!
    i really wana travel, i mite go 2 camp america this summer seems really cool
    omg i wrote 3 pages other day on personal statement thingy!! ahh seems alot of hard work
    I'm not an avid msn user I'm afraid :p:
    Oooh Camp America looks amazing, I also had a look into some short gap year breaks - Green Tortoise had some awesome trips (was going to Norway this summer but had a last minute change of mind )

How can you write your ps if you still don't know what you want to do at uni? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Night night :yawn:

Plus I just got depressed at seeing my post count for this thread :o:

ReputationRep:
    Someone obviously doesn't have 9 O' Clock lectures :p:

ReputationRep:
    I have discovered that I do not need an alarm clock. This is because there are some very loud building works somewhere nearby which appear to start at 8 in the morning. :shifty:

I know this is random but do you have to wear one of those cloak things? lol if I someone said i had to wear one of those i'd giggle and walk away.
    An academic gown? Yes, for various things, but not all the time or to lectures or exams.

ReputationRep:
    I love wearing my gown, nothing like going to a debate clad in what appears to be a brutally skinned pool table :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I currently have a double period of AH English. It ends at 12:35. It is (at time of writing) 11:42 and I'm sitting in my room.

I did take the 30 minute journey down to the school where I'm doing this subject for a whopping 3 periods a week. It's not like I couldn't be bothered. But then I got there and bumped into a classmate who was quick to inform me that the 3rd period teacher has now left, but we'll "probably" have a class 4th period if I wait around.

To hell with waiting around. Even if I did stay, I know we'd have just sat around in the library pretending to be working on the dissertation. So in total I have had 1 period of AH English this week. Out of 8. If things run smoothly - which is rare - I have 3. Out of 8.

I'm done with this. I'm either going to moan at them to move me to a different school, or if it comes to it I'll have to self-teach. Half an hour's taxi drive for a 50 minute class (in which the teacher often comes about 10 minutes late)? No thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meteorshower)
    Someone obviously doesn't have 9 O' Clock lectures :p:
    My earliest is 10am :p: but if I want breakfast, need to be in the hall before 9.
    How is your lectures going, enjoying them?

ReputationRep:
    I need ideas, the Geography Society is having it's first get together and we've got to dress up as countries :p: I've gone blank, any suggestions as what to go as? Argh...I hate dressing up!

ReputationRep:
    I need ideas, the Geography Society is having it's first get together and we've got to dress up as countries :p: I've gone blank, any suggestions as what to go as? Argh...I hate dressing up!
    Hm, I think it can be difficult to do other countries without being at least slightly offensive. I say this from experience. :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheUnbeliever)
    Hm, I think it can be difficult to do other countries without being at least slightly offensive. I say this from experience. :o:
    Ooh, do tell?

ReputationRep:
    Ooh, do tell?
    At the European Youth Parliament nationals in Durham, each group (we were split 'vertically', so you'd have a committee of maybe a dozen people, all from different schools) had to produce a 1 or 2 minute presentation representing their country. So, for example, the group that did Germany had each person pretend as if they were some important figure (e.g. Bach) and talked about their contribution to culture, the arts or science.

We had Poland. For lack of any actual cultural knowledge, we stood for 2 minutes with a couple people pretending to do general building work (saw, hammer) whilst everyone else stood around drinking tea. :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pedrobear)
    Eugh, enjoy stitching up some little ned who's ran in front of a firework or something.

Are you applying for nursing this year? My girlfriend is, also...
    I am
    I might qualify for second year entry, depends which uni and which course.

:woo:

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.