Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

6th Years and Leavers :: Chat Thread #1 Watch

• View Poll Results: Highest Mark in the AH Maths Prelim :: YOUR BETS (Votes are public)
    namedeprived
    21.74%
    Ape Gone Insane [No one's going to vote for me ]
    26.09%
    Me, I take AH Maths!
    21.74%
    APE! You wasted your one chance of a poll...on THIS! NOOOOOO
    30.43%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArcadiaHouse)
    That's awful! :eek: I won't batter her, but I did get tearful wondering why she was willing to sacrifice our friendship for her PS :sad: (no matter how funny that sounds :p:). I just thought, what a manipulating ***** ... Maybe that's who she really is. :indiff:
    Meh, I'm out of there now so I'm over it(ish), just one of the many reasons why I left. And yeah, sometimes people will show their ugly side over the most pathetic things, at least you know who your real friends are heh

(Original post by xo-Heva)
    And Arcadia, that sucks
    Is there no way you can do the article now? How about another one?
    I'd be pretty pissed with the teacher aswell as your 'friend'.
    It was a one-off opportunity and the bloody thing's written now. I do have the opportunity to review it on Friday and make suggestions, but the girl clearly doesn't want me to touch her masterpiece which will just end up as chip paper anyway. The teacher asked if we'd done the article together; I looked clueless whereas my 'friend' had clearly done it behind my back to take the credit for it. But yeah, I am pissed that the teacher consulted her during the RE class without me being there.

(Original post by LuhLah)
    Meh, I'm out of there now so I'm over it(ish), just one of the many reasons why I left. And yeah, sometimes people will show their ugly side over the most pathetic things, at least you know who your real friends are heh
    Like you haha. I agree, maybe she's always been like this and I just haven't realised it 'til now. Only now she'll be unbearably smug if she gets into uni and I don't ... *sigh*
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by akj08)
    I can't find it!
    :facepalm: Arcadiahouse just posted it as well.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Corpsetaker)
    Indeed. For I am but a taker of corpses!

---

On a slightly unrelated note: ah, casual stalking, is there anything you can't do? :mmm:
    :lolwut:
    I'm not sure I follow you.

• PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    It sucks balls, doesn't it?

Where are you applying for English again? :o:
    aberdeen, St Andrews, Edinburgh, Glasgow.

(Original post by Kirsteneg)
    aberdeen, St Andrews, Edinburgh, Glasgow.

Any preference yet?

Is anyone else in your year applying for English? :holmes:

EDIT: Only four choices? :beard:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Any preference yet?

Is anyone else in your year applying for English? :holmes:

EDIT: Only four choices? :beard:
    Glasgow or Aberdeen. Yourself?

Erm, there's someone else doing film studies and I think someone else is doing english, so yes.

Reply to your edit - yes, there are only 4 choices. Mainly because I don't want to go anywhere else for english so the other choice is biochemistry (immunology) with industrial placement at Aberdeen. I know I'm setting myself up to be rejected.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Corpsetaker)
    On a slightly unrelated note: ah, casual stalking, is there anything you can't do? :mmm:
    You will come to learn that casual, and not so casual, stalking is virtually this thread's raison d'etre.

Anyway: hello, newcomer! For what and are you applying?

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only Higher virgin applying for UCAS this year? :erm: What happens if I drop a subby?

ReputationRep:
    What happens if I drop a subby?
    Try not to. You have to notify UCAS and your universities, who are then allowed to rescind your offer(s) (although they may well choose not to).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheUnbeliever)
    Try not to. You have to notify UCAS and your universities, who are then allowed to rescind your offer(s) (although they may well choose not to).
    What about after receiving offers? Is it okay to drop a subject which doesn't form part of any offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pedrobear)
    What about after receiving offers? Is it okay to drop a subject which doesn't form part of any offer?
    I was thinking this too. Say I get an offer in BBBB in 4 four highers including biology/chem, could I drop maths? :X

ReputationRep:
    Hey guy's. :wavey:

Been at my geography society meeting and someone from TSR recognized me :p: Plus I met someone who knows Meteorshower! :ninja: Oh and had to take a very drunk Irish girl home who kept speaking in Gaelic - it was a strange night :p:

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking this too. Say I get an offer in BBBB in 4 four highers including biology/chem, could I drop maths? :X
    Most offers wont come through until the new year, so you might as well just carry on the maths :p:

ReputationRep:
    hi guys im drunk cos it was my birthdaaayyy!! i love halls

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronar)
    :hugs:
    Happy Birthday! Long time no speak, how are you? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosie9391)
    Most offers wont come through until the new year, so you might as well just carry on the maths :p:
    Well, regardless of when the offer comes through, can you still drop pointless/unnecessary subjects?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosie9391)
    :hugs:
    Happy Birthday! Long time no speak, how are you? :p:
    Great, living it up in uni
    lol, I need to start working now..aaaah!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronar)
    Hai :daydreaming:

Happyyyy birthday to youuu
    Happy birthday to youuu
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR RONAAAAA
    and you smell like one too

:kiss:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.