Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

6th Years and Leavers :: Chat Thread #1 Watch

• View Poll Results: Highest Mark in the AH Maths Prelim :: YOUR BETS (Votes are public)
    namedeprived
    21.74%
    Ape Gone Insane [No one's going to vote for me ]
    26.09%
    Me, I take AH Maths!
    21.74%
    APE! You wasted your one chance of a poll...on THIS! NOOOOOO
    30.43%

How are you guys getting on this early? I just got in 5 mins ago. :huff:

I want to fill in my UCAS form but my choices are not yet 100% certain - will I be able to log back in and change them later?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArcadiaHouse)
    I want to fill in my UCAS form but my choices are not yet 100% certain - will I be able to log back in and change them later?
    You can definitely add choices, and I believe you can swap existing ones up until they reply, although I'm not 100% on that.

(Original post by TheUnbeliever)
    You can definitely add choices, and I believe you can swap existing ones up until they reply, although I'm not 100% on that.
    Thanks :beard: It's just that I don't want them to receive notification of my application and then I change one tomorrow or something ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LuhLah)
    Lol

I was looking at UWS and i thought noooooooonoooooNOOOONNOOOOOO!!!

Also, in Dundee (I think) if I get 70% in my first year of biomed I can transfer to 2nd year medicine.

And omg, dead bodies<3333
    Went a really interesting workshop on anatomy last week, we looked at corpses and "poked" around them a bit (which I found a slightly weird experience).

ReputationRep:
    Thanks :beard: It's just that I don't want them to receive notification of my application and then I change one tomorrow or something ...
    Ah, I may actually have misunderstood you - that was for after you've chosen to pay & send it off. You can register for UCAS, fill out the form partially or fully, save and leave it and come back to make changes it later as often as you like before doing the pay & send.

ReputationRep:
    Are you applying for an early applicant course? If not you could fill out the UCAS form as much as you can and then add your choices when your sure about them - you have until January before it has to be sent. You can save bits and log in again to change them.

(Original post by RabbitHeart)
    Are you applying for an early applicant course? If not you could fill out the UCAS form as much as you can and then add your choices when your sure about them - you have until January before it has to be sent. You can save bits and log in again to change them.
    Ah, I may actually have misunderstood you - that was for after you've chosen to pay & send it off. You can register for UCAS, fill out the form partially or fully, save and leave it and come back to make changes it later as often as you like before doing the pay & send.
    Thank you both I got a tingly feeling seeing all my courses before my eyes :woo:

Btw Unbeliever, wtf is with the module part, do they see what you got in your NABs? :eek3: I thought that wouldn't matter because of the overall grade ...

Also, I know I can get AAA in my Highers this year, but since I'm crashing two of them, they may set my predicted grades at ABB, and I need at least AB to get into Glasgow and AA to get into the others. Should I persuade them to set them higher? The school said they can't set you a conditional above your predicted grades; will I have to change my choices if they refuse to raise them? I'm not sure if there's enough time to prove that I can do the subjects as well as I'll be able to in a few months' time ...

(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    I submitted the essays ... now we wait anywhere between 24 hours - 3 days.

:sigh:
    :beard:?

ReputationRep:
    Btw Unbeliever, wtf is with the module part, do they see what you got in your NABs? :eek3: I thought that wouldn't matter because of the overall grade ...
    1a. You can only mark NABs as pass/fail and
    1b. if you aren't expecting to pass all your NABs, then you have bigger problems.

2. No, you don't need to record them if you expect to pass them all (see 1b).

The school said they can't set you a conditional above your predicted grades;
    To the best of my knowledge, this is triple-A grade horse manure. Being predicted less than what they're looking for may damage your chances of getting an offer, but that's because of what it looks like you're set to achieve, rather than anything else.

Read this: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1058760

What a pathetic *****.
    (Original post by gillybeans)
    A couple of weeks ago, my friend really pissed me off because we were supposed to meet for coffee in town and she didn't show because her hair and nails appointment overran :mad: . They didn't even look nice.

Today though, I had to meet her on campus because we had this dissertation assignment to hand in (worth 8% of our overall degree), and while we were in the library and she put her bag down to go to the loo and change her tampon, I went into her bag and took her memory stick out. When she got back we chatted for a bit though about the assignment and went to find some computers. She obvo couldn't find her memory stick while we were there though and she was really panicking because the deadline was at 4pm today. She was running round the library and almost screaming like a bloody banshee. Eventually, when she accepted that it was gone, she went to the school office and explained the situation, but they weren't sympathetic and said that when it is submitted, it will be capped at 40%, meaning she can't get more than a mid 2:2 for her dissertation (the biggest part of her overall degree).

The deadline has passed now, and I'm startig to feel really guilty, because while we were in the library, I kept it secret what I'd done and was asking people 'have you seen a memory stick' and I managed to convince her it must have dropped out somewhere because what would I want with it? Knowing that I've probably scuppered her chances of a good dissertation because I was angry over her not meeting me at Starbucks has got me feeling really guilty about what I should do, and the prospect of her finding out.

How can I stop her finding out what I did?
    You read this: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/gullible

:awesome:

ReputationRep:
    You read this: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/gullible
    I agree, but I'm not entirely sure I get why you've bolded some of those bits. The tampon bit, for example. :confused:

:p:

ReputationRep:
    I disagree.
    With what? I'm pretty sure you've misunderstood me - I'm saying that if you were predicted ABB, they were looking for AAA, and you were rejected, then that is because what they were looking for is more than what you were predicted, rather than because they are literally incapable of making you an offer. I don't think there's anything controversial there...

I am, in particular, not making any statement about whether predicted grades typically bear any resemblence to actual grades. (For the record: no, they don't. My friend was predicted BBB and got AAA. Lots of schools automatically predict straight As for medics and Oxbridge applicants. &c.)

1a. You can only mark NABs as pass/fail and
    1b. if you aren't expecting to pass all your NABs, then you have bigger problems.

2. No, you don't need to record them if you expect to pass them all (see 1b).

To the best of my knowledge, this is triple-A grade horse manure. Being predicted less than what they're looking for may damage your chances of getting an offer, but that's because of what it looks like you're set to achieve, rather than anything else.
    I meant NABs I had sat last year :p: Thank God for that! You have put my mind at rest! :woo:

They said they were going to look "statistically" at what we might achieve and base it on that :nothing: But I'm a human being! My homework so far has been really good, and I've been passing NABs well, so if I talk to them do you think they'd agree to setting my thing at an A? And when I do talk to them, do you think I should mention it's for my conditionals at uni, or should I not mention that just yet as it may look like I just want to impress unis ...?

I agree, but I'm not entirely sure I get why you've bolded some of those bits. The tampon bit, for example. :confused:

:p:
    To highlight how ridiculous the post is, thus proving it is not genuine :p:

[/B]
    It's your life. Act now or forever hold your peace ... :awesome:
    *sobs* I must convince them. :indiff:

:work:

ReputationRep:
    My homework so far has been really good, and I've been passing NABs well, so if I talk to them do you think they'd agree to setting my thing at an A? And when I do talk to them, do you think I should mention it's for my conditionals at uni, or should I not mention that just yet as it may look like I just want to impress unis ...?
    It's worth a try, if you feel strongly enough (and you might well do). It is, however, going to be perfectly transparent why you're doing it, so I wouldn't beat about the bush. If you feel you have justification, go for it!

It's worth a try, if you feel strongly enough (and you might well do). It is, however, going to be perfectly transparent why you're doing it, so I wouldn't beat about the bush. If you feel you have justification, go for it!
    Thank you!! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Thank you!! :woo:
    Top tip: work on your confidence!

You like my user title ? :awesome:
    Are you suggesting that I'm paranoid or that I should visit your site? :awesome:

Btw, how are you going about this predicted grades stuff? :woo:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.