The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Kirsteneg
Eh, because I'd never get in. And why the slightly creepy choice of imagery? :lolwut:

Haha, no idea. Excuse me.

Kirsteneg
P.S. Is your sig a reference to music? :colone:

It is -- specifically, the first movement of Beethoven's 9th symphony; Allegro ma non troppo, un poco maestoso.
Meteorshower
Who is it? If they are a fresher I can pretty much guarantee I know them, if not I probably still know who they are at least vaguely :p:

They know you :ninja: She was suprised that I had actually heard of your school, friend of your sisters. Now I just sound creepy :frown:
Pedrobear
Haha, no idea. Excuse me.

It is -- specifically, the first movement of Beethoven's 9th symphony; Allegro ma non troppo, un poco maestoso.

ooooh, let me try to decipher it. Fast but not tooo much, quite march-like???? :lolwut:
Kirsteneg
ooooh, let me try to decipher it. Fast but not tooo much, quite march-like???? :lolwut:

Fast, but not too much, a little majestic.

So yeah, 'march' is close enough! I always thought "majestic" was a bit cheeky, but eh, he's Beethoven.

How's AH Music coming along for you, anyway?
Pedrobear
Fast, but not too much, a little majestic.

So yeah, 'march' is close enough! I always thought "majestic" was a bit cheeky, but eh, he's Beethoven.

How's AH Music coming along for you, anyway?

:woo: 7 years of music has paid off in a way. :colone:

AH Music? Fine so far. Got my performing programme sorted and nearly finished a composition (which I based on Dracula; the novel to stir things up a bit.). Have had a look at one of the listening papers though which wasn't too good. I might actually have to learn the concepts this time round. :p:

:colone:
Kirsteneg
:woo: 7 years of music has paid off in a way. :colone:

AH Music? Fine so far. Got my performing programme sorted and nearly finished a composition (which I based on Dracula; the novel to stir things up a bit.). Have had a look at one of the listening papers though which wasn't too good. I might actually have to learn the concepts this time round. :p:

Is there new concepts?! :o:

(I wrestled with my brain there trying to work out if that should've been "are there"...)

Eugh, if there are any, I haven't even heard of 'em yet. There's only two of us doing AH Music in my year so we're in with the 5th years, and so far we've basically been repeating last year. I've ended up skipping the class a few times because I just couldn't be bothered going over what a mordent is for the 100th time, considering I just spent a year doing the exact same thing. :rolleyes: We're starting the dissertation and stuff in December though, so I'm hoping it'll pick up then.

Ah, do you have a deadline for compositions? Our first one has to be in on Tuesday.

Spoiler

Out of idle interest, how long is it (your Dracula one)?
Pedrobear
Is there new concepts?! :o:

(I wrestled with my brain there trying to work out if that should've been "are there"...)

Eugh, if there are any, I haven't even heard of 'em yet. There's only two of us doing AH Music in my year so we're in with the 5th years, and so far we've basically been repeating last year. I've just ended up skipping the class a few times because I just couldn't be bothered going over what a mordent is for the 100th time, considering I just spent a year doing the exact same thing. :rolleyes: We're starting the dissertation and stuff in December though, so I'm hoping it'll pick up then.

Ah, do you have a deadline for compositions? Our first one has to be in on Tuesday.

Spoiler

Out of idle interest, how long is it (your Dracula one)?

No, there's no new concepts but the questions in the listening paper appear to be relatively harder, and you need to know more theory.
There's only two of us doing too but we get a choice whether we want to sit in on the higher listening lessons to refreash our minds, but if we don't then we just do composition which gets a bit tedious after a while. We've already chosen our dissertation pieces,analysed them and written the introduction.
I don't actually have a clue how we're meant to structure the dissertation so hopefully they'll explain that to us after the holidays. :o:

Our composition folios have to be completed by Christmas apparently (this is always the case but never actually happens), and my current composition is about 1:15 long which is just three separate themes and I need to orchestrate them and somehow find a way of connecting them.
Have you actually not started a composition yet? :rolleyes:
Kirsteneg
Our composition folios have to be completed by Christmas apparently (this is always the case but never actually happens), and my current composition is about 1:15 long which is just three separate themes and I need to orchestrate them and somehow find a way of connecting them.
Have you actually not started a composition yet? :rolleyes:

You've begun the dissertation?! Jeez. Curse my lazy school.

I have um... I have tried to start? :awesome:

I have done about 30 seconds or so, but I'm not happy with it. Will start again tomorrow morning and hopefully finish by Sunday night.

Just how I roll.
Rosie is bored as she refuses to watch the programme her friends are watching :sigh:
:eek: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

AND I HAVE TO WAIT ANOTHER MONTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

:love:

EDIT= YAS!
Kirsteneg
:eek: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

AND I HAVE TO WAIT ANOTHER MONTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

:love:

Ahhhhhhhhh! What for?

Edit: Never mind :p:
rosie9391
Ahhhhhhhhh! What for?

Edit: Never mind :p:

why won't it work?
Kirsteneg
why won't it work?

Seems like you've cut out one of the letters/numbers in the code. :s-smilie: Copy it from the url again.
Reply 7593
Advanced Higher Music......am I the only one who never handed in my compositions? Haha. We were always set deadlines for them but nobody ever followed them.
Are there any restrictions on the sorts of pieces you can use for the dissertation?

Is X Japan worthy? :awesome:

Blah....blah.....how is everyone?
Reply 7596
Pedrobear
Are there any restrictions on the sorts of pieces you can use for the dissertation?

Is X Japan worthy? :awesome:

We were told that you can do modern songs if you want to, but it's easier to stick with better known ones as they're easier to write about. I guess it just depends on if you feel you can write enough?
Madjackismad
Blah....blah.....how is everyone?

Oh no. You again.

I'm off. Bye everyone. :colone:
Cleo.
We were told that you can do modern songs if you want to, but it's easier to stick with better known ones as they're easier to write about. I guess it just depends on if you feel you can write enough?

Hmm -- so strictly classical, or just any sort of "classic" song? I've no idea what I could write, because I don't even know what sort of content the dissertation involves. Just rambling, excuse me. :smile:
Pedrobear

Absolutely anything.

Latest