Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

6th Years and Leavers :: Chat Thread #1 Watch

• View Poll Results: Highest Mark in the AH Maths Prelim :: YOUR BETS (Votes are public)
    namedeprived
    21.74%
    Ape Gone Insane [No one's going to vote for me ]
    26.09%
    Me, I take AH Maths!
    21.74%
    APE! You wasted your one chance of a poll...on THIS! NOOOOOO
    30.43%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    3) Save it, don't tick it.
    (Original post by Kirsteneg)
    1)Whatever you prefer
    2) yeah and the result is 'pending'
    3) You can change it if you tick completed, but don't do it with the PS as I'm not sure if you can change it afterwards but you can definitely change the others.
    (Original post by moonshine_1991)
    In bold.
    (Original post by rosie9391)
    You can change personal details but not completely sure about the course options. I would just save it so it's easy enough to edit.
    Thanks. :dancing2:

I'll leave you all be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SittingOnTheDockOfTheBay)
    Thanks. :dancing2:

I'll leave you all be.
    Yey another S5 applicant

What are ya applying for?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by SittingOnTheDockOfTheBay)
    (Unfortunatly) I'm applying for more than one course because I can't make my mind up...
    This was me for the past couple of months, then I realised the impossibility of writing a decent PS for english literature and biomedical science so eventually decided. :yes: Makes things a hell of a lot easier.

ReputationRep:
    How is everyone going to format their PS on UCAS? Do you need to leave line for paragraphs? I really don't have the room at all. I have 3998 characters and 46 lines without spaces between paragraphs and can't take anything out as I have already got rid of 500 characters!

ReputationRep:
    How is everyone going to format their PS on UCAS? Do you need to leave line for paragraphs? I really don't have the room at all. I have 3998 characters and 46 lines without spaces between paragraphs and can't take anything out as I have already got rid of 500 characters!
    It's probably worthwhile doing it if you can, but you don't need to (I didn't, for example). It's rather annoying that it strips manual indentation, but you don't really have the space for empty lines!

ReputationRep:
    This was me for the past couple of months, then I realised the impossibility of writing a decent PS for english literature and biomedical science so eventually decided. :yes: Makes things a hell of a lot easier.

One of my courses isn't offered at any other unis in Scotland but they are both science based. :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheUnbeliever)
    It's probably worthwhile doing it if you can, but you don't need to (I didn't, for example). It's rather annoying that it strips manual indentation, but you don't really have the space for empty lines!
    I have no space whatsoever and have left some pretty important stuff out!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I'm not planning on paragraphing mine properly. I've finished it and there's like 3,500 characters and 42 lines. If I put a line between each paragraph then there'll be 48 lines. Without gaps, the paragraphs are fairly distinguishable anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not planning on paragraphing mine properly. I've finished it and there's like 3,500 characters and 42 lines. If I put a line between each paragraph then there'll be 48 lines. Without gaps, the paragraphs are fairly distinguishable anyway.

Cheers! When do you think you will be sending yours off?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Cheers! When do you think you will be sending yours off?
    I was planning on sending it away by Friday just past but due to guidance teacher commitments to the medicine folk didn't manage to get it sent away. Definitely on the first week back to school (2 weeks) , so I can see the references :p:
    Yourself?

ReputationRep:
    I was planning on sending it away by Friday just past but due to guidance teacher commitments to the medicine folk didn't manage to get it sent away. Definitely on the first week back to school (2 weeks) , so I can see the references :p:
    Yourself?

I will be sending it off to my guidance teacher tomorrow or Tuesday, hopefully she will have kept my reference from last year so she can just copy and paste it. I really have to wait for my predicted grades from college though so I bloody hope the post people won't go on strike till the week after next :p: . This UCAS stuff is pretty stressful; even second time around!

ReputationRep:

Are you applying for Biomed?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by LuhLah)
    Are you applying for Biomed?
    nope.

ReputationRep:
    nope.

Oh .
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by LuhLah)
    Oh .
    Am I disowned?

:sexface:

• PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Madjackismad)
    Awww, you beat me at the autism test. :ashamed:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosie9391)
    Someone from tsr actually doing geography! :awesome: What are you doing for the study? I done it last year by the way.
    A study on a local river looking into pollution levels and effects of nearby development/human factors on it. What about you? Overall how did you find the course?

Awww, you beat me at the autism test. :ashamed:
    What did you get? I got 5, which means i'm not autistic

ReputationRep:
    I got 21 :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I got 18, not autistic but not outgoing just average- story of my life!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.