Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

6th Years and Leavers :: Chat Thread #1 Watch

• View Poll Results: Highest Mark in the AH Maths Prelim :: YOUR BETS (Votes are public)
    namedeprived
    21.74%
    Ape Gone Insane [No one's going to vote for me ]
    26.09%
    Me, I take AH Maths!
    21.74%
    APE! You wasted your one chance of a poll...on THIS! NOOOOOO
    30.43%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0404343m)
    That's Glasgow. Edinburgh remain BBBB (if you meet criteria for preferential selection) or AABB if you don't. St Andrews is still AAAB as far as I remember.
    So the information I was given was a load of **** then?! Thank God for that!

That's Glasgow. Edinburgh remain BBBB (if you meet criteria for preferential selection) or AABB if you don't. St Andrews is still AAAB as far as I remember.
    Our hero! :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moonshine_1991)
    So the information I was given was a load of **** then?! Thank God for that!
    Yup. Whoever told you that had their universities mixed up. Glasgow did indeed go up from ABBB/AABB to AABB/AAAB, but Edinburgh remain the same. If you meet their criteria (local, first from family to go to uni, go to average-or-worse school) then you'll have a shot with BBBB, otherwise it'll be AABB. St Andrews went from AABB to AAAB last year I think. Glasgow's department is by far the biggest in the number of students they can accept though- I think the other two have something like 30 members of staff each, Glasgow has about 50, so the applicants per place (and the percentage of places filled by the straight A students) might be marginally lower.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by ArcadiaHouse)
    Our hero! :love:
    I posted just before him.

(Original post by Kirsteneg)
    I posted just before him.
    He's a legend though :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Yup. Whoever told you that had their universities mixed up. Glasgow did indeed go up from ABBB/AABB to AABB/AAAB, but Edinburgh remain the same. If you meet their criteria (local, first from family to go to uni, go to average-or-worse school) then you'll have a shot with BBBB, otherwise it'll be AABB. St Andrews went from AABB to AAAB last year I think. Glasgow's department is by far the biggest in the number of students they can accept though- I think the other two have something like 30 members of staff each, Glasgow has about 50, so the applicants per place (and the percentage of places filled by the straight A students) might be marginally lower.
    It was an Edinburgh law admissions person.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    He's a legend though :awesome:
    :ashamed:

ReputationRep:
    Sorry then guys for almost giving you all a heart attack :p: .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Equinox Sky)
    A study on a local river looking into pollution levels and effects of nearby development/human factors on it. What about you? Overall how did you find the course?
    Found the course really good. Mine was on diffferential erosion and deposition along a 6 mile radius of the Moray Firth. Essay was on the Aswan High Dam, Egypt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moonshine_1991)
    It was an Edinburgh law admissions person.
    It's possible (but unlikely) that they were maybe talking about the kind of ballpark that they'd look for over and above the entry req. Edinburgh are known for that sort of thing- saying AABB but in reality saying you'll need AAAA to guarantee a place etc. I know someone who used to work in Edinburgh registry/admissions/clearing who is now studying with me in Oxford, and they were a bit iffy for that. Nevertheless, official line still says BBBB/AABB depending on your circumstances- nothing about second sittings. It's Glasgow who up it based on the number of sittings you've had.

Oh, and I can't possibly comment on allegations of me carrying legendary status. It's merely a myth...

ReputationRep:
    I hope to God I'll get an A for Geography the second time around
    Didn't realise you were doing Geography!

I'm definetly applying for St Andrews now. The town :love:

:ashamed:
    You mocked my failings at TK Maxx via Facebook :rofl2: but you lol'd at my Stephen Gately joke :mmm:

(Original post by rosie9391)
    Didn't realise you were doing Geography!
    Indeed. Take two for me :shh:

Oh, and I can't possibly comment on allegations of me carrying legendary status. It's merely a myth...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Madjackismad)
    I'm definetly applying for St Andrews now. The town :love:
    :eek: for english?!

ReputationRep:
    http://www.creepypasta.com/forums/vi...php?f=3&t=5491

I love how everyone seems to think I'm female.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    You mocked my failings at TK Maxx via Facebook :rofl2: but you lol'd at my Stephen Gately joke :mmm:

Indeed. Take two for me :shh:
    NO. I didn't lower myself to 'loling' as they so call it. :shifty:

ReputationRep:
    Ugh, I really want my UCAS application sent away lol. The highest grades band I need is AABB..As in the sciences and Bs in the social sciences **** you maths! lol
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by LuhLah)
    Ugh, I really want my UCAS application sent away.
    fixed.

:eek: for english?!
    Someone on here got a conditional for St Andrews with AACCC. Do you think I stand a chance? :sad:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.