Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

6th Years and Leavers :: Chat Thread #1 Watch

• View Poll Results: Highest Mark in the AH Maths Prelim :: YOUR BETS (Votes are public)
    namedeprived
    21.74%
    Ape Gone Insane [No one's going to vote for me ]
    26.09%
    Me, I take AH Maths!
    21.74%
    APE! You wasted your one chance of a poll...on THIS! NOOOOOO
    30.43%

(Original post by LuhLah)
    I like my PS too . Though I'm contemplating on switching to chemistry

Do all applications get equal judgement before the deadline, no matter how many applicants apply? :awesome:
    Yup, doesn't matter if you send it off early, just need to get it in before the deadline.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I like my PS too . Though I'm contemplating on switching to chemistry

Do all applications get equal judgement before the deadline, no matter how many applicants apply? :awesome:
    it is partly on a first come first serve basis apparently

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Madjackismad)
    Yup, doesn't matter if you send it off early, just need to get it in before the deadline.
    Thank goodness! I was told that Biomed is rather nastily competitive due to the applicants thinking you can switch to med...this year is going to be so fun! :awesome:

(Original post by Kirsteneg)
    My mum doesn't want me to go to St Andrews because she thinks I'd be bored to tears, and I've always wanted to study in a city (i.e. Glasgow/Edinburgh), but the thought of being rejected from St Andrews just sucks balls anyway I don't think anyone else from my school with less than AAABC is applying, but some of them say that because they've met their minimum requirements, they're guaranteed a place, and are having an "easy year" :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Oh...

Which part is the first come first serve? They have to give every application equal judgement.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Oh...
    That's what we were told by our guidance teacher...that Unis have admitted to looking at applications earlier than the deadline.

ReputationRep:
    That's what we were told by our guidance teacher...that Unis have admitted to looking at applications earlier than the deadline.
    Well jeez, can you blame them?! It must be like having little Christmas presents sitting there in front of you and not being allowed to open them! :gah: :gah: :gah: :gah:

Spoiler:
    Show
    it's probably NOTHING like that

Hmmm your guidance teacher might be saying that so you can send them off earlier? Instead of people rushing about, asking her to help? Well, i've not even started writing my PS, but will definetly be sending it off by the end of this month or the within the start of November.

OMG I just remembered someone telling me their friend got into St Andrews with less than AAC in fifth year for history :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Oh...
    :lolwut: Your sig, what on earth is the cute link!? :p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by ArcadiaHouse)
    My mum doesn't want me to go to St Andrews because she thinks I'd be bored to tears, and I've always wanted to study in a city (i.e. Glasgow/Edinburgh), but the thought of being rejected from St Andrews just sucks balls anyway I don't think anyone else from my school with less than AAABC is applying, but some of them say that because they've met their minimum requirements, they're guaranteed a place, and are having an "easy year" :eek:
    Just because they've met the minimum requirements doesn't necessarily mean that they will be accepted on that basis alone; loads of people will have met the minimum requirements.
    Same here with the St Andrews thing.
    And I think I'm shooting a bit high with Durham but would LOVE to be accepted.

Just because they've met the minimum requirements doesn't necessarily mean that they will be accepted on that basis alone; loads of people will have met the minimum requirements.
    Same here with the St Andrews thing.
    And I think I'm shooting a bit high with Durham but would LOVE to be accepted.
    I know. I'm saying nothing though :ninja:

If I had the choice, it'd be UCL for me :love:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Madjackismad)
    Hmmm your guidance teacher might be saying that so you can send them off earlier? Instead of people rushing about, asking her to help? Well, i've not even started writing my PS, but will definetly be sending it off by the end of this month or the within the start of November.
    him.
    And I've actually heard about this from quite a few people now. Also, nobody in my class has written their personal statement either, apart from the medicine folk and myself just to get it out of the way. I'm sending mine off the first day/week back at school. I just wouldn't leave it until late December.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Pedrobear)
    Well jeez, can you blame them?! It must be like having little Christmas presents sitting there in front of you and not being allowed to open them! :gah: :gah: :gah: :gah:

Spoiler:
    Show
    it's probably NOTHING like that
    :rofl: hahahaha. I suppose if you look at it that way.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I know. I'm saying nothing though :ninja:

If I had the choice, it'd be UCL for me :love:
    I was looking at applying to there but you need an interview and I couldn't be bothered going down if I got offered an interview.

him.
    And I've actually heard about this from quite a few people now. Also, nobody in my class has written their personal statement either, apart from the medicine folk and myself just to get it out of the way. I'm sending mine off the first day/week back at school. I just wouldn't leave it until late December.
    Woops, was thinking of my guidance teacher. :p: I won't be sending it off late December or towards the end of November. Aiming to have it all done right at the start of November, so I can focus on the prelims.

I was looking at applying to there but you need an interview and I couldn't be bothered going down if I got offered an interview.

You need 5 As at Higher and AA at AH too 1,500 applicants for 70 places. I want to do postgrad there :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosie9391)
    :lolwut: Your sig, what on earth is the cute link!? :p:
    Rainbow bunchie :daydreaming: If you can watch it without giggling then you are the boss of the internet.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    You need 5 As at Higher and AA at AH too 1,500 applicants for 70 places. I want to do postgrad there :p:
    :lolwut:

That's why I'm doing Durham; the next best thing. AAABB at higher and AA at AH...doable.

And also everyone else, what should I go see at the cinema from this list???

http://www.britinfo.net/cinema/cinem...gs-1003825.htm

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.