The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Vitamin D
Oh gosh, my only double periods are english & PE. They're a lot of fun though, so they're easy to deal with :smile: I'm the same for history, one teacher is doing 2 units, the other is doing 1 looooong boring one -_-

Thank god I'm leaving. But mind you, I'll be having 3 hours of English in the morning, and then 3 hours of Chemistry in the afternoon on a monday at college :s-smilie:
Vitamin D
Ugh, I know how you feel. Our school is having a massive extension put onto the newest building (at the moment it consists of 3 buildings, after the extension is finished, the older 2 are being knocked down). Its awful if you're in a classroom at the far end, the ground vibrates/general loud building noise. Not good -_-

That's what happened all throughout Higher French, our classroom was right next to the construction site so it was hard to hear the listening passages over the machines and yelling builders. :hmmm: The new building is hideous though, it's like a hospital :frown: Luckily in less than a year I'll never have to see it again :woo:
Ape Gone Insane
What do you mean? Don't you guys start 6th year in June? To give you a month to get used to it?

EPIC.
Reply 63
ArcadiaHouse

EPIC.

If only that was his real post count :daydreaming:
Heyy guys, 5th year is coming nearer and nearer..

is anyone else a bit freaked about the huge workload from 5 highers....?

do you guys think studying from a Monday - thursday and either on the sat and sun will be enough? :s-smilie: cause i'll be working on fridays..and hopefully either sat or sun i'll be out....'relaxing'

im just freaked tbh, i dont want to care about the pressure from my family...they're not saying i HAVE to do good...but they have high hopes...i have high hopes for myself too so i want to make sure i keep motivated and going x_x;;;; i usually enjoy school when i am on track with homework..etcetc..

im just freaked ill have like 10 gajillin breakdowns this year :s-smilie: but in fourth year...i studied alot >__< it was like..way before prelim time i started studying..i studied for every topic test etcetc...did all homework..studied at least 2-4 hours a day and usually had like 3 days off a week relaxing....

oh yeah, i've already started going over notes and writing them down in my own form LOLOL...i keep going over and over to make sure i know everything we learned before summer hahaha...yes, thats how sad and freaked i am. I studied during summer....not alot..but i still did.
x__x; please dont mind me rambling...im just..o_o;
strawberryilicious
Heyy guys, 5th year is coming nearer and nearer..

is anyone else a bit freaked about the huge workload from 5 highers....?

do you guys think studying from a Monday - thursday and either on the sat and sun will be enough? :s-smilie: cause i'll be working on fridays..and hopefully either sat or sun i'll be out....'relaxing'

im just freaked tbh, i dont want to care about the pressure from my family...they're not saying i HAVE to do good...but they have high hopes...i have high hopes for myself too so i want to make sure i keep motivated and going x_x;;;; i usually enjoy school when i am on track with homework..etcetc..

im just freaked ill have like 10 gajillin breakdowns this year :s-smilie: but in fourth year...i studied alot >__< it was like..way before prelim time i started studying..i studied for every topic test etcetc...did all homework..studied at least 2-4 hours a day and usually had like 3 days off a week relaxing....

oh yeah, i've already started going over notes and writing them down in my own form LOLOL...i keep going over and over to make sure i know everything we learned before summer hahaha...yes, thats how sad and freaked i am. I studied during summer....not alot..but i still did.
x__x; please dont mind me rambling...im just..o_o;

Don't worry. Relax.

Don't overdo it, that's more than enough. Just make sure you study effectivley when you do so, and don't stress yourself out, the workload is not as bad as it is made out to be if you manage your time well.
total bored out my nut
ArcadiaHouse
total bored out my nut

This. I'm very tempted to go see the Cavalcade in Edinburgh tomorrow.
Last night a group of us were out PAARRTAYING and we ran into my English teacher on the street, whilst I was carrying a case of beer to my friend's house. Nice one.
Reply 69
anyone done advanced higher classical studies??? if so any advice got a band 1 in higher. also universites arent going to look down on me for having done chem, bio,eng,maths and classics? they see classics as equal to say music or french not any worse? i got 5 As btw and am applying to do dentisry if this helps.
Reply 70
Oooh, we got stickied?
xo-Heva
Oooh, we got stickied?

OUr old thread got de-stickified though. :frown:
how is everyone today?
I'm bored and start work in a couple of hours - oh the joy!
Reply 73
namedeprived
OUr old thread got de-stickified though. :frown:

:frown: I miss it. But the 'vitual common room' is quite a good idea.

How's everyone today?
Reply 74
I bought a book I've been hankering after :biggrin: I'm pretty happy now :smile:
Reply 75
akj08
:frown: I miss it. But the 'vitual common room' is quite a good idea.

How's everyone today?

I'm good thanks :biggrin: got a party tonight so looking forward to that. But I need to clean and do a few chores before then so atm I'm procrastinating :p:
How are you? :smile:
Reply 76
xo-Heva
I bought a book I've been hankering after :biggrin: I'm pretty happy now :smile:

Oooh what book?:biggrin:
I just inherited a load of books so I have too many books and not enough time to read them :|
They're mostly scary ones though :p:
Reply 77
bex285
Oooh what book?:biggrin:
I just inherited a load of books so I have too many books and not enough time to read them :|
They're mostly scary ones though :p:

'Too Close To Home' by Linwood Barclay. Its about a family whose neighbours all get murdered, then find out that it was actually ment to be them who were murdered. My explanation doesn't really do it justice, but the author is really good. I loved 'No Time For Goodbye' by him also. :biggrin:
Reply 78
Oooh, and I bought 'Step-Brothers' at Tesco for a fiver :p: Bargin! And its a great film - has anyone seen it? Soo funny.
Reply 79
bex285
I'm good thanks :biggrin: got a party tonight so looking forward to that. But I need to clean and do a few chores before then so atm I'm procrastinating :p:
How are you? :smile:

I'm good thanks:smile: All of my friends are back from their hols now so we're having a lot of 'gatherings' which is nice.
Enjoy the party!

Latest