Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

6th Years and Leavers :: Chat Thread #1 Watch

• View Poll Results: Highest Mark in the AH Maths Prelim :: YOUR BETS (Votes are public)
    namedeprived
    21.74%
    Ape Gone Insane [No one's going to vote for me ]
    26.09%
    Me, I take AH Maths!
    21.74%
    APE! You wasted your one chance of a poll...on THIS! NOOOOOO
    30.43%

(Original post by Madjackismad)
    They definetly get easier. The Higher English one this year was a pushover compared to 2008.
    I got 48/50 in past papers so I didn't really notice a difference. :holmes: My hand was shaking writing the essays though, knowing how much was riding on them.

(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    The sexual euphemisms in the last sentence :awesome:
    This forum has become a cold, desolate place without your presence gracing this thread as much. It is dominated by females, leaving the males in a power struggle for supremacy.....in short, us males need you back! :p: :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    The sexual euphemisms in the last sentence :awesome:
    It'd have been better if she'd said 'hands'...

Spoiler:
    Show
    no such thing as 'too far' :awesome:

(Original post by Kirsteneg)
    Hamlet and To Kill A Mockingbird questions = gift!

Heh, did you do Question 3 ('a scene which significantly changes your view of a character') for Hamlet? So good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Madjackismad)
    It is dominated by females, leaving the males in a power struggle for supremacy.....in short, us males need you back! :p: :awesome:
    Some people are into that. :ninja:

(Original post by TheUnbeliever)
    Some people are into that. :ninja:
    Only in a sexual way. I'm sure a lot of us like that. :awesome:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Pedrobear)
    It'd have been better if she'd said 'hands'...

Spoiler:
    Show
    no such thing as 'too far' :awesome:

Heh, did you do Question 3 ('a scene which significantly changes your view of a character') for Hamlet? So good.
    nah. Closet scene?
    I did 2. (exposition and how it adds to the impact of the play)i.e. First scene, Claudius' speech and Hamlet's first soliloquy. The obsessive one would have been ace too but there is too much to write!

I'm always here. :awesome:

Who says I am not allied..with the females. :ninja:
    No, I was only joking. You can stop there, before we hear a deep insight into your sex life. :p:

ReputationRep:
    nah. Closet scene?
    I did 2. (exposition and how it adds to the impact of the play)i.e. First scene, Claudius' speech and Hamlet's first soliloquy. The obsessive one would have been ace too but there is too much to write!
    Ah right. Nah, not the closet; Act 3 Scene 3 (I think, it's been a while). The bit where Claudius is praying. I can't even remember what I wrote, but I'd imagine it was something about how Claudius is shown to feel remorse/regret whereas before that scene we'd only known him as arrogant and indifferent. Oh, and about how it sort of 'confirms' that Claudius was the murderer when it was only hinted at previously, albeit heavily.

Yeah, it was a good year for Hamlet! And Frankenstein, even though I chose an absolutely ridiculous question (and in turn wrote an absolutely ridiculous essay). Seemed to get away with it though. :p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Ah right. Nah, not the closet; Act 3 Scene 3 (I think, it's been a while). The bit where Claudius is praying. I can't even remember what I wrote, but I'd imagine it was something about how Claudius is shown to feel remorse/regret whereas before that scene we'd only known him as arrogant and indifferent. Oh, and about how it sort of 'confirms' that Claudius was the murderer when it was only hinted at previously, albeit heavily.

Yeah, it was a good year for Hamlet! And Frankenstein, even though I chose an absolutely ridiculous question (and in turn wrote an absolutely ridiculous essay). Seemed to get away with it though. :p:
    eh. number 8 for frankenstein? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    eh. number 8 for frankenstein? :lolwut:
    5. :o:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    5. :o:
    the love one? really! :hahaha:

ReputationRep:
    the love one? really! :hahaha:
    Yeah. That's the common reaction. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosie9391)
    SAAS isn't that much hassle, it was a straight forward process for me anyway :p:
    Do you need to send away documents? If so, I'll shoot myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LuhLah)
    Do you need to send away documents? If so, I'll shoot myself.
    Yeah you do :p: You need supporting evidence to confirm your parents income (tax credit form) and I also had to confirm that they are single.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you do :p: You need supporting evidence to confirm your parents income (tax credit form) and I also had to confirm that they are single.
    Oh, that's fine. I had to send away my birth certificate for my college EMA, and they lost it :indiff:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LuhLah)
    Oh, that's fine. I had to send away my birth certificate for my college EMA, and they lost it :indiff:.
    You can get a replacement birth certificate really easily at local registry offices if need be.

ReputationRep:
    You can get a replacement birth certificate really easily at local registry offices if need be.
    I know, but it was still annoying how careless they were. Oh well.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    But, but I am already allied...with the females.

Kirsten offered me ten times what you could ever offer.
    :perv:

:sexface:

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear. Wrong time to re-enter the thread. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I can't do these questions. At all.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.