Turn on thread page Beta

6th Years and Leavers :: Chat Thread #1 watch

• View Poll Results: Highest Mark in the AH Maths Prelim :: YOUR BETS (Votes are public)
    namedeprived
    21.74%
    Ape Gone Insane [No one's going to vote for me ]
    26.09%
    Me, I take AH Maths!
    21.74%
    APE! You wasted your one chance of a poll...on THIS! NOOOOOO
    30.43%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pedrobear)
    Girls don't defecate. :sigh:
    I have a real issue with that word... I can't bring myself to say it.

Defff... defffff. Deff-eew.

Eeew eeew eww.

*shudder* Bleugh, its disgusting!

Have you guys ever woken up, finding yourself at the edge of your bed, really close to falling off? :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meteorshower)
    Yeah, I don't really have a clue looking at that stuff. We've pretty much only been doing thermodynamics but that in itself is a frantic dash to understand all the concepts and equations at crazy hours :p: I'm finding maths slightly harder, we're doing vector spaces and Taylor series at the moment which is all a bit overwhelming. I do feel like i'm learning a lot though, even if it doesn't seem enough. How's your maths?
    Haha! You could always try working less crazy hours, or does that not work for you? Our maths has been fairly straightforward thus far, at just a light brush over Advanced Higher, so not much of a problem. On the other hand, I've only had 3 lectures there so far, so it could well become much harder! We're doing the lead-up to vector spaces at the moment (so, er, vectors :p:).

(Original post by Madjackismad)
    Have you guys ever woken up, finding yourself at the edge of your bed, really close to falling off? :o:
    No. I have a double bed.

(Original post by TheUnbeliever)

No. I have a double bed.
    So do I. :p: But, I found myself on the edge this morning.

ReputationRep:
    We're doing the lead-up to vector spaces at the moment (so, er, vectors :p:).
    And matrices and eigen-stuff :p:

No. I have a double bed.
    You lucky so and so.

I still haven't started my Physics supervision work (first 6 questions from the example sheet) and it's due in on Wednesday night.

First Maths supervision this afternoon though!

ReputationRep:
    Heh, this exact thing happened to me this morning (double bed, too). It's never happened before; I'm certain this was the first time.

OooOooOo

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Second night at uni though, I did end up on the floor :o: downsizing from a king to a single bed isn't fun.

ReputationRep:
    Someone motivate me to study so I don't feel less guilty about higher maths :awesome: now :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LuhLah)
    Someone motivate me to study so I don't feel less guilty about higher maths :awesome: now :awesome:
    I need some motivation too :sigh: I came on to get todays lectures but have made a diversion on here!!

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, get on with it because once in uni higher maths would be the least of your troubles?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosie9391)
    I need some motivation too :sigh: I came on to get todays lectures but have made a diversion on here!!
    Motivation for you:

If you don't go to your lectures, you'll end up missing important information , therefore failing both your exams and resists and you'll be kicked out of uni and you will be cleaning up animal **** at the zoo.

Heh, this exact thing happened to me this morning (double bed, too). It's never happened before; I'm certain this was the first time.

OooOooOo
    Ooooooh, maybe it is a message from a higher authority? Like the crows dying in last nights episode of Flashforward.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukdragon37)
    Hmmm, get on with it because once in uni higher maths would be the least of your troubles?
    Didn't work :sad:

Motivation for you:

If you don't go to your lectures, you'll end up missing important information , therefore failing both your exams and resists and you'll be kicked out of uni and you will be cleaning up animal **** at the zoo.

When I was lacking motivation for my Standard Grades English and Maths in 3rd year (my school does both early) I was in the car with my dad, and the binmen were walking about and he was like,

"Do you want to be like them?"

I was like, "No."

Rest is history I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    When I was lacking motivation for my Standard Grades English and Maths in 3rd year (my school does both early) I was in the car with my dad, and the binmen were walking about and he was like,

"Do you want to be like them?"

I was like, "No."

Rest is history I suppose.
    lol you studied for standard grade? :teeth:

mkay Imma start off with evans2chemweb and higher maths revision sites.

ReputationRep:
    Motivation for you:

Oh god know, I wouldn't miss a lecture...I came on to be a head and get tomorrows Geology lecture so my full attention goes to listening and adding extra to my notes. :p:

Haha, clearing up animal ****...done that for work experience, certainly wont be happening again!

lol you studied for standard grade? :teeth:

mkay Imma start off with evans2chemweb and higher maths revision sites.

Of course I did, very little compared to Higher though.

ReputationRep:
    I really think those of you that did SGs (and Highers) a year early are so lucky. Wish I'd had something to instill a work ethic into me at that age. Instead I can't think of the first 3 years of school as anything but a dull waste of time...

ReputationRep:
    Didn't work :sad:
    If you don't revise maths then you might fail and you're uni offer could well and truly include higher maths since it's science related after all. Therefore effecting your dream course, uni and future career - so go and revise!

I really think those of you that did SGs (and Highers) a year early are so lucky. Wish I'd had something to instill a work ethic into me at that age. Instead I can't think of the first 3 years of school as anything but a dull waste of time...
    Well, I only did SG Maths and English in 3rd year, meaning we got two years for Higher English and Maths. To be honest, I didn't really like work at English and Maths in 4th year, but a lot more in 5th. This year, the 3rd years are doing all their SG's, which I find ridiculous, I think we were not mature enough in 3rd year.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.