The Student Room Group
Ape Gone Insane
I'm a Cow Moolester, get it? :rofl: :rofl2:

ho ho ho
Madjackismad
Are you serious? :eek: I thought the whole thing about people up near Aberdeen shagging sheep was just a joke.

darnit.

A GUY...

no you turd. Actually, it might have been. My biology teacher told me. :s-smilie: :eek:

:colone:
TheUnbeliever
:biggrin: What did you think? Are you applying there?

I did, thanks. Patience, carefully selecting the relevant bits of information from the question and not making silly mistakes saw me through!

I liked it more than I thought I would actually, quite a nice place. Did you not apply for informatics there? The builiding looked quite impressive. Yea I think I am, not sure if it's my first choice, but I'll definitley consider it.
Reply 8383
Ape Gone Insane
I'm a Cow Moolester, get it? :rofl: :rofl2:

sigged.
namedeprived
I liked it more than I thought I would actually, quite a nice place. Did you not apply for informatics there? The builiding looked quite impressive. Yea I think I am, not sure if it's my first choice, but I'll definitley consider it.

I did apply - Edinburgh Informatics and Edinburgh Maths were my other 2 options. I loved the Informatics course. Ah, but yes, the building - the lovely Informatics forum isn't for students - it houses the staff. I think you might, in theory, get a shared room in it if you're doing a doctorate. :p: The folks I was with on my work experience placement were all quite chuffed with moving there from down in the pits of KB! The undergraduate teaching is split between KB and Appleton Tower.

Good luck, although I'm sure you'll get plenty of offers. Do you know the city at all? I liked its atmosphere - for somewhere so small, relatively, the uni and festival meant it was wonderfully multicultural (although the tourists did occasionally get a bit irritating if you had somewhere to be).
Ape Gone Insane
OMG SOMEBODY LIKED IT.

I can go offline a happy man

Goodbye. :sigh:
namedeprived
Ah, seems like I missed the most stimulating of intellectual discussions in the last 10 pages.

Yeah how are you? Remember if you need Maths help just ask :wink:

I learnt how to describe cones and cylinders using vector equations today :woo:
TheUnbeliever
I did apply - Edinburgh Informatics and Edinburgh Maths were my other 2 options. I loved the Informatics course. Ah, but yes, the building - the lovely Informatics forum isn't for students - it houses the staff. I think you might, in theory, get a shared room in it if you're doing a doctorate. :p: The folks I was with on my work experience placement were all quite chuffed with moving there from down in the pits of KB! The undergraduate teaching is split between KB and Appleton Tower.

Good luck, although I'm sure you'll get plenty of offers. Do you know the city at all? I liked its atmosphere - for somewhere so small, relatively, the uni and festival meant it was wonderfully multicultural (although the tourists did occasionally get a bit irritating if you had somewhere to be).

Aw, lucky them. I bet people have applied for the course and ended up suitably disappointed by the building they end up in. :biggrin: (Not that the building is the main thing of course, but still...)

I don't particularly know it, have visited a few times before and just done the usual touristy stuff. I agree with you about the atmosphere, was pleasantly surprised at how multi-cultural it was, especially around the Uni. never been to the festival before though. :frown:

Only thing that was a bit disappointing is that you can't apparently do a Masters degree in Maths which I was considering.

ukdragon37
Yeah how are you? Remember if you need Maths help just ask

I learnt how to describe cones and cylinders using vector equations today

Not bad thanks, yourself? How are you enjoying Cambridge?

Sounds like fun. :biggrin:

Thanks for the offer, I'm okay the moment, Unit 1 didn't seem to bad, but it does look like i gets a fair bit harder (as well as more interesting.)

EDIT: Royally messed up that quote. :p:
ukdragon37
I learnt how to describe cones and cylinders using vector equations today :woo:

Maths supervision, I take it? Want to spoiler it for the lazy? :awesome:

namedeprived
Only thing that was a bit disappointing is that you can't apparently do a Masters degree in Maths which I was considering.

Oh, interesting! Would you consider doing one separately, after your normal undergraduate degree?
:sigh:

I suppose we could always talk about something interesting.
I am bestowing great power upon The Thread. Do I a) go now, before Sainsbury's shuts, and buy bread for food, because I'm a little hungry or b) have an early-ish night? First reply decides.
TheUnbeliever
I am bestowing great power upon The Thread. Do I a) go now, before Sainsbury's shuts, and buy bread for food, because I'm a little hungry or b) have an early-ish night? First reply decides.

Bread!
Madjackismad
Bread!

Right. Shoes and off it is!
TheUnbeliever

How likely is it to get mugged in Cambridge? :p:
namedeprived

Not bad thanks, yourself? How are you enjoying Cambridge?

Sounds like fun. :biggrin:

Thanks for the offer, I'm okay the moment, Unit 1 didn't seem to bad, but it does look like i gets a fair bit harder (as well as more interesting.)

EDIT: Royally messed up that quote. :p:

Work's starting to pile up now. Just had my first Maths supervision today and it was far more relaxed and fun than I thought it would be. I've been told I did very well in my submitted work so that was reassuring. Even better was the fact that the supervisor told me all the rest of the people (almost all of them from the English system) got one of the questions wrong because they forgot that scalar products only work for vectors pointing out (in) from a point but I got it right. That's because I had that drilled into me since Higher (yeah Scottish system FTW :biggrin: )

TheUnbeliever
Maths supervision, I take it? Want to spoiler it for the lazy? :awesome:

Spoiler'd for the uninterested

Spoiler

I just can't stay away :sigh:

Twister lets say was interesting...heads were in some weird places :ninja:
TheUnbeliever

Errr Sainsbury's shut at 10pm? :s-smilie:

It's opening til midnight last week only.
Reply 8397
My friend just admitted to me that she sets fire to hers pubes and sniffs 'em.

:sigh:
Madjackismad

right
Madjackismad

Mugged, not that likely. Getting involved in some kind of confrontation, more likely than you might think for a town of this size.

The people you see on the street depends on when during the week you go out. At weekends it'll be people who actually live in Cambridge (the "townies" ) and apparently they hate us students (the "gownies" ). Nearer to Tuesday/Wednesday (the uni "weekend" ) it's normally drunk students in the clubs and on the streets.

Whoever it is there's always a slight chance you could get done in :s-smilie:

See the front page item: http://archive.varsity.co.uk/701.pdf

Latest