Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

6th Years and Leavers :: Chat Thread #1 Watch

• View Poll Results: Highest Mark in the AH Maths Prelim :: YOUR BETS (Votes are public)
    namedeprived
    21.74%
    Ape Gone Insane [No one's going to vote for me ]
    26.09%
    Me, I take AH Maths!
    21.74%
    APE! You wasted your one chance of a poll...on THIS! NOOOOOO
    30.43%

• PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by namedeprived)
    Amateurs. Rainbow Road is easy, (if you use a gamcube contoller :p:)
    CHEAT! CHEAT! It's still pretty easy with the steering wheel though.

ReputationRep:
    I use the wheel

My internet is so slow tonight! Damn you BT!!

ReputationRep:
    Yes I agree lol

aww I'm going to be so alone when everyone leaves for work/school and I don't have a job

ReputationRep:
    Sudden Explosion of posts = most popular thread. :cool:

And at our school everyone also insists that the first years are getting smaller every year. :p:
    There is a very good reason for the so called first year phenomenon. Basically, you are like OMG, look at the midgets! When they first arrive, and behind your back, they gradually get taller. But in a sneaky slow way, so you don't notice! You therefore get used to them being taller, and you think that's how they always were.

In come next batch of midgets, they are much smaller than the now second year, which you can't imagine when they were first years, because lets face it, who cares about first years :p:

You therefore feel like the new first years are much smaller than the current second years ever were. Not to mention added affects of the observer growing, etc.

Unless you live in Glasgow, then malnutrition is actually causing people to be smaller.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meteorshower)
    I am always so amused by new first years, especially the ones I don't actually notice because they are below the threshold of my peripheral vision, and walk into them or something :p:
    Haha! I know it was hard to avoid them, I am clumsy at the best of times:o:

I took a first year class to their classrooms for the first few weeks last year and felt like some overly tall biblical leader standing in the middle of them gathered round me, craning their heads up and staring at me expectantly. Was quite scary:p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Ronar)
    Yes I agree lol

aww I'm going to be so alone when everyone leaves for work/school and I don't have a job
    Lonar Ronar. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kirsteneg)
    Have you tried 'rainbow road'?
    I'm not sure, I've only played on a friends', don't have a wii myself
    I'm sure it would be rather embarrassing though, my best position was 11th, out of 12:o: :p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by akj08)

I took a first year class to their classrooms for the first few weeks last year and felt like some overly tall biblical leader standing in the middle of them gathered round me, craning their heads up and staring at me expectantly. Was quite scary:p:
    I did that during their visit and am doing it the first week back. It's fun having part control of them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akj08)

I taught a first year class and I was almost two foot taller than one of them at the start :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meteorshower)
    There is a very good reason for the so called first year phenomenon. Basically, you are like OMG, look at the midgets! When they first arrive, and behind your back, they gradually get taller. But in a sneaky slow way, so you don't notice! You therefore get used to them being taller, and you think that's how they always were.

In come next batch of midgets, they are much smaller than the now second year, which you can't imagine when they were first years, because lets face it, who cares about first years :p:

You therefore feel like the new first years are much smaller than the current second years ever were. Not to mention added affects of the observer growing, etc.

Unless you live in Glasgow, then malnutrition is actually causing people to be smaller.
    Interesting hypothesis. I think you should publish a paper on this phenomenon, the scientific world will be enthralled:p: (It's clearly a field in which you have a lot of knowledge.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akj08)
    Unless you go to Glasgow:p: (if you're applying there lol)
    Haha don't remind me, it's my first choice! Although hopefully I will get a BCC offer (if any!) which shouldn't ??? be too hard!

ReputationRep:
    Interesting hypothesis. I think you should publish a paper on this phenomenon, the scientific world will be enthralled:p: (It's clearly a field in which you have a lot of knowledge.)
    I had an unusual viewpoint, being 6 foot 2 at the end of first year :p:

ReputationRep:
    I would liked to have done all the first year thing but I wasn't well behaved enough
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Rosie9391)
    Where's Rosie tonight?

ReputationRep:
    Ditto. Have you decided what you're doing for english dissertation yet?
    Not exactly, you?? I'm thinking prob the handmaids tale and brave new world, but then I read wurthering heights this summer and totally fell in love, but not quit sure what I would do with it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kirstineg)
    Have you tried 'rainbow road'?
    Hate.That.Course.So.Much.

ReputationRep:
    Ooooh,a Common Room!!! We never got one of these at school

ReputationRep:
    I did that during their visit and am doing it the first week back. It's fun having part control of them.
    Yes it is rather fun It was amusing to terrify the rebels who liked to sprint ahead by shouting at them with scary prefect authority:p: . Funny how this worked at the start but then they shout abuse you a month later when you politely ask them to get out of the lift:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beanybob)
    Me neither!

Looking forward to st andrews?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beanybob)
    Neither, my school is pretty rubbish though! We do have a sixth year lab, which is pretty much a common room for us science geeks :eek3:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.