Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

6th Years and Leavers :: Chat Thread #1 watch

• View Poll Results: Highest Mark in the AH Maths Prelim :: YOUR BETS (Votes are public)
    namedeprived
    21.74%
    Ape Gone Insane [No one's going to vote for me ]
    26.09%
    Me, I take AH Maths!
    21.74%
    APE! You wasted your one chance of a poll...on THIS! NOOOOOO
    30.43%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosie9391)
    No I don't so I will be the odd one out tomorrow
    I don't either, we can be odd together :p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by acas13)
    Yeah my teacher told me that, although she said it was almost worth the risk because apparently they only find out if your school gets moderated and the chances of that are pretty slim! I was thinking about doing two books by F. Scott Fitzgerald but we did the great gatsby last year, and all of his work is pretty similar so I think I might get bored! Haha the handmaids tale could almost be classed as feminist in a way I guess, what feminist books are you considering? Have you read beloved by tonni morrison, random, but I like it!?
    Darn! I wanted to do Hamlet.
    I was researching feminist books yesterday and the handmaid's tale came up but it's too late to read it! Yeah! I'm reading Beloved right now (1.5 chapters left). I remember you recommended it (possibly with I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings :p: ) on the AH Dissertation thread and it's really good so far. Eh, other feminist ones I'm looking at are The Color Purple, Their Eyes Were Watching God, The Awakening and the other two I just said :p: for novels and A Doll's House, Pygmalion and Top Girls for drama. :p: I'm seriously considering The Color Purple with something but I would like to do something about female protagonist's transformation/emancipation from patriarchy but Beloved doesn't really have that - it's more about slavery.

ReputationRep:
    No, I wasn't/am not drunk.
    And there was something I was going to say, it was about Mario Kart, but I was babbling on and it wasn't making any sence. Which means I'm very tired. And I think I'm babbling on now... Which also means I should probs hit the hay *big yawn* Night night everyone xxx
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Ronar)
    arghhh ******* cramppps
    Awww. :hugs: Did you get paraceptomol??
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by xo-Heva)
    No, I wasn't/am not drunk.
    And there was something I was going to say, it was about Mario Kart, but I was babbling on and it wasn't making any sence. Which means I'm very tired. And I think I'm babbling on now... Which also means I should probs hit the hay *big yawn* Night night everyone xxx
    Night! :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kirsteneg)
    Awww. :hugs: Did you get paraceptomol??
    icant get any now it arrived successfully as soon as everyone as in bed so no hot water bottle or paracetamol for me
    this is going to be a fun night i should try sleep so I'm ko'd through the worst of it

aw I feel all depressed now too...I hate being a woman haha angry and scary one minute the next minute you depressed for a week then off the nut o hormones again :|

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meteorshower)
    I don't either, we can be odd together :p:
    :five:

ReputationRep:
    Ooh I helped teach a 1st year geography class for the whole off 6th year They were so small and shy to begin with but by the end they fairly came out their box :p:
    Aww...
    We had AH geo last period on a friday (i.e. we chatted and ate lidl's chocolate:p: ) and used to listen to the 1st year lesson next door. Was so relaxing listening to the discussions about why people like to go to places with warm climates rather than thinking about the development of a psammosere:yep:

I helped out with a bottom set 2nd year maths class, which was extremely challenging but sometimes quite rewarding

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronar)
    arghhh ******* cramppps
    Ahh I know what you mean If it's a regular thing try something from the doctors, I got prescribed some stronger pain killers which seem to help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronar)
    arghhh ******* cramppps
    You could try ibruprofen, it's better than paracetemol for muscular pain.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Ronar)
    icant get any now it arrived successfully as soon as everyone as in bed so no hot water bottle or paracetamol for me
    this is going to be a fun night i should try sleep so I'm ko'd through the worst of it

aw I feel all depressed now too...I hate being a woman haha angry and scary one minute the next minute you depressed for a week then off the nut o hormones again :|
    :jumphug:

ReputationRep:
    Darn! I wanted to do Hamlet.
    I was researching feminist books yesterday and the handmaid's tale came up but it's too late to read it! Yeah! I'm reading Beloved right now (1.5 chapters left). I remember you recommended it (possibly with I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings :p: ) on the AH Dissertation thread and it's really good so far. Eh, other feminist ones I'm looking at are The Color Purple, Their Eyes Were Watching God, The Awakening and the other two I just said :p: for novels and A Doll's House, Pygmalion and Top Girls for drama. :p: I'm seriously considering The Color Purple with something but I would like to do something about female protagonist's transformation/emancipation from patriarchy but Beloved doesn't really have that - it's more about slavery.
    Oh yeah I remember reccomending it now! Hmm I havn't read the colour purple so not sure I can help there, if you do have a spare momnet though, the handmaids tale really would be worth a visit, there is an element of transformation in it in the sense that the protagonist becomes complacent, and is no longer a rebel after being granted certain freedoms and priveleges... don't know how that would compare though.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by akj08)
    You could try ibruprofen, it's better than paracetemol for muscular pain.
    Poor naive akj08. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akj08)
    Aww...
    We had AH geo last period on a friday (i.e. we chatted and ate lidl's chocolate:p: ) and used to listen to the 1st year lesson next door. Was so relaxing listening to the discussions about why people like to go to places with warm climates rather than thinking about the development of a psammosere:yep:

I helped out with a bottom set 2nd year maths class, which was extremely challenging but sometimes quite rewarding
    Yeah, it was very rewarding especially when they prefered to ask you rather than the teachers :p: Mine was the bottom class too and I often had to copy the work down for them,type and do some lunch time sessions for homework - all worth it though!

We were doing map work and a wee guy asked what is all the cracks on the page and I was like that is the country borders :p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by acas13)
    Oh yeah I remember reccomending it now! Hmm I havn't read the colour purple so not sure I can help there, if you do have a spare momnet though, the handmaids tale really would be worth a visit, there is an element of transformation in it in the sense that the protagonist becomes complacent, and is no longer a rebel after being granted certain freedoms and priveleges... don't know how that would compare though.
    I'll try and take a look at it before thursday. Thanks.

Also, would you say I know why the caged bird sings has an element of transformation with Maya or is that pushing it? :p:

ReputationRep:
    ugh im going off hear I can't think anymore it hurts too much
    Night guys pm me about the mariocart tournament
    x

ReputationRep:
    I'll try and take a look at it before thursday. Thanks.

Also, would you say I know why the caged bird sings has an element of transformation with Maya or is that pushing it? :p:
    Not pushing it at all! Worth a shout.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Yeah, it was very rewarding especially when they prefered to ask you rather than the teachers :p: Mine was the bottom class too and I often had to copy the work down for them,type and do some lunch time sessions for homework - all worth it though!

We were doing map work and a wee guy asked what is all the cracks on the page and I was like that is the country borders :p:
    Great for te CV. I think I'm helping an autistic 3rd year 2 periods a week in his computing studies class - bit apprehensive.

ReputationRep:
    Poor naive akj08. :rofl:
    Hehe no, the cramps I'm pretty sure she's talking about are caused by contraction of uterine muscle:p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Ronar)
    ugh im going off hear I can't think anymore it hurts too much
    Night guys pm me about the mariocart tournament
    x
    Night! :p:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.