Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

6th Years and Leavers :: Chat Thread #1 Watch

• View Poll Results: Highest Mark in the AH Maths Prelim :: YOUR BETS (Votes are public)
    namedeprived
    21.74%
    Ape Gone Insane [No one's going to vote for me ]
    26.09%
    Me, I take AH Maths!
    21.74%
    APE! You wasted your one chance of a poll...on THIS! NOOOOOO
    30.43%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LuhLah)
    I feel for you all, you have to wear a uniform.
    I like my uniform.

[/geek]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    ASS. If it had been a competition, I would have beat you :p:
    Yeah yeah :p:

ReputationRep:
    I feel for you all, you have to wear a uniform.
    Ha not at uni My uniform wasn't bad, we got to design our own.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilyy_)
    dont we usually go back on tuesdays?
    :s
    x
    I think so, yeah. But no one else here seems to think so. We'll find out soon enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosie9391)
    Ha not at uni My uniform wasn't bad, we got to design our own.
    Our headteacher was a uniform nazi.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vitamin D)
    I think so, yeah. But no one else here seems to think so. We'll find out soon enough.
    well i think i'll be back on the tuesday, its just the education year planner thats got me puzzled
    x

ReputationRep:
    Our headteacher was a uniform nazi.
    A lot of us never wore the uniform so we got to choose our own which worked really well and with being 6th years we were allowed to tell the youngsters off :p: At my friends school, if they don't wear it they have to go home and change

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosie9391)
    A lot of us never wore the uniform so we got to choose our own which worked really well and with being 6th years we were allowed to tell the youngsters off :p: At my friends school, if they don't wear it they have to go home and change
    Our school is like that for S1 - S4, except they have spare clothes to give you :zomg: In S5/S6 it's a lot more relaxed, though.

ReputationRep:
    S5/6 used to be relaxed for us uniform wise, but ever since the new head came, we have to set an example for the youngins'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vitamin D)
    Our school is like that for S1 - S4, except they have spare clothes to give you :zomg: In S5/S6 it's a lot more relaxed, though.
    I wouldn't like that, we have to wear shirts/t-shirts with collars but i seem to manage to get away without one as long as i have a jumper on.

ReputationRep:
    Our school can be quite strict if you don't wear uniform, but the lesson is simple; wear a uniorm. It's not bad at all really.

The only thing that is mandatory is that we wear a tie and there is a slight degree of leniency in other things.

ReputationRep:
    I've never had to wear a uniform :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Ohhh good idea

Ok, someone explain to me...how exactly do you write an essay at higher level? :lolwut:
    Find someone in your class (or someone who did English last year) who's awesome at English. Get essays off them. Learn. Adapt to fit question.

Disclaimer: This is not the SQA's recommended approach. Use this method at your own risk.

Our old Head cared a lot about uniform, but only a select few didn't wear it i.e. chavs. The new head over does it though. He focuses on it like the fate of the world depends upon it, and he doesn't bother to take an interest in more important things going on.

In S5/6 at my school, you're supposed to wear a shirt + school tie, or simply a black jumper with the school logo on it. The new head was saying before the summer holidays began though, that he wanted every sixth year to be wearing a shirt and tie when we come back, even if they weren't a prefect. It's not much to ask, but I think it's unfair that in 6th year we seem to be treated less maturely than we were a few years ago. Surely we should have the choice of wearing a jumper or a shirt. Nobody likes him whereas nearly everyone liked the old one - he was so nice . He seems to place more importance on sporting achievement rather than academic achievement which I think is strange... but nevermind, the man's just a tit :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    I wish darkraver was online
    How come?

(Original post by Meteorshower)
    I've never had to wear a uniform
    Same question.

ReputationRep:
    Okkk, my parents are only agreeing with one college now :| If I don't get into ayr, I'm fuct.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by namedeprived)
    Same question.
    Cos my school wasn't crazy :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meteorshower)
    Cos my school wasn't crazy :p:
    Ha, I thought more or less every school in Scotland enforced some sort of uniform policy though.

ReputationRep:
    Ha, I thought more or less every school in Scotland enforced some sort of uniform policy though.
    I like being able to wear comfy clothes, and I don't like looking exactly the same as everyone else :p:

ReputationRep:
    I've seen/heard a good few rural schools with a non-uniform policy.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.