Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

6th Years and Leavers :: Chat Thread #1 Watch

• View Poll Results: Highest Mark in the AH Maths Prelim :: YOUR BETS (Votes are public)
    namedeprived
    21.74%
    Ape Gone Insane [No one's going to vote for me ]
    26.09%
    Me, I take AH Maths!
    21.74%
    APE! You wasted your one chance of a poll...on THIS! NOOOOOO
    30.43%

ReputationRep:
    Ah well my first day back at school was quite eventful... Didn't attend any classes!

My speech went suprisingly well considering how nervous I was! And the little first years are quite cute I guess One of my wee buddies got lost and started crying and had lost his timetable so didn't even know where he was trying to find. I found him wandering aimlessly, the tears were streaming down!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by acas13)
    Ah well my first day back at school was quite eventful... Didn't attend any classes!

My speech went suprisingly well considering how nervous I was! And the little first years are quite cute I guess One of my wee buddies got lost and started crying and had lost his timetable so didn't even know where he was trying to find. I found him wandering aimlessly, the tears were streaming down!
    I had all free periods too lol.
    Ooh good good!
    Awh that's so cute! Our first years thought they were great :p:

(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    You doing AH English?

Dare I even ask such a disgustingly obvious question? :p:
    Maybe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bex285)
    I have no idea what classes I'm in or what school I'm going to for some subjects.
    The latter wasn't really a problem at my school, but it took the best part of a month or more for timetables to be sorted in S6 (because they didn't work to a timetable it was fairly flexible but very administrivia-heavy).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akj08)
    Aw I did that, was so nice when they were all excited

And yes I did, which made me spend today watching the next 5 episodes online:o:
    Ooh have you got the link?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheUnbeliever)
    The latter wasn't really a problem at my school, but it took the best part of a month or more for timetables to be sorted in S6 (because they didn't work to a timetable it was fairly flexible but very administrivia-heavy).
    They didn't work to a timetable? How did that work then? :eek:
    My school's awful at organising things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Equinox Sky)
    Ooh have you got the link?
    surfthechannel.com
    Go on "channels" then "tv" then one tree hill. Find the episode you want then use the megavideo link.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bex285)
    They didn't work to a timetable? How did that work then? :eek:
    Various classes had different periods they would nominally run. These periods were then negotiable as a whole (i.e. the class would be taught at period x' on day y' instead of period x on day y), and it was acceptable to miss several periods (again, negotiated with the teacher) in order to attend other classes which had clashes. Additionally, some people took extra periods of subjects, usually because they'd dropped others and the school required a minimum workload or you'd be chucked out (in theory).

So there was a timetable, but it wasn't based on columns and was only established once the term was thoroughly on its way.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    So are most people back at school now then? Gutted I had to go back yesterday and most of yous got an extra day off :O

What subjects is everyone doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ecosse_14)
    So are most people back at school now then? Gutted I had to go back yesterday and most of yous got an extra day off :O

AH Maths, French and Chemistry (and possibly, if i'm sufficiently brave, I'm going to ask about self teaching AH Stats).

How about you?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Ecosse_14)

AH english, AH music, AH biology, H psychology. Yourself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akj08)
    surfthechannel.com
    Go on "channels" then "tv" then one tree hill. Find the episode you want then use the megavideo link.
    Thankyou The quality is great!

ReputationRep:
    I was back today! Was a bit of a nightmare to get started with, had no timetable at all, because I had to drop one of my subjects due to exam results, and I dropped the other two just because I didn't like them very much!
    Eventually got it sorted, and I'm now doing Advanced Higher English, crash Higher Business Management, crash Higher Admin and Higher Art & Design.
    Was Buddying the new S1's today as well, they're so sweet! They seem really young though, much younger than any S1's before them I think :-\

ReputationRep:
    Wow, seems everyone's having a really easy time with their first years. I remember at the start of last year at my old school a group of kids decided to band together and beat everyone in sight up in some sort of attempt to make them the "cool kids" or the "kings" of the school or something equally stupid :p:
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by namedeprived)
    AH Maths, French and Chemistry (and possibly, if i'm sufficiently brave, I'm going to ask about self teaching AH Stats).

How about you?

(Original post by Kirsteneg)
    AH english, AH music, AH biology, H psychology. Yourself?
    Awesome
    Doing AH Maths, H Phyiscs, Modern Studies and hopefully Psychology since they aren't doing AH Admin.

How about you?
    Can I ask, is there any specific reason for wanting to do Stats rather than Mechanics ? I guess it depends what you wanna do at Uni, but anyway, just curious!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CallumFR)
    Can I ask, is there any specific reason for wanting to do Stats rather than Mechanics ? I guess it depends what you wanna do at Uni, but anyway, just curious!
    I'd assume one reason would be because he's an unbeliever (non-physicist)

Death to the unbelievers!
    :p:

ReputationRep:
    (and possibly, if i'm sufficiently brave, I'm going to ask about self teaching AH Stats)
    Go for it! (I think it's an interesting, straightforward course, but that mechanics provides better preparation for pure maths study.)

Incidentally, this thread might be of interest.

(Original post by Meteorshower)
    I'd assume one reason would be because he's an unbeliever (non-physicist)

Death to the unbelievers!
    :p:
    haha

Death might be a bit extreme... but soemthing definitely needs to be done about these non-physicists :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CallumFR)
    haha

Death might be a bit extreme... but soemthing definitely needs to be done about these non-physicists :p:
    Ok, you're right - death is too extreme.

A 1000 fold increase of the entropy of their bodies however...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.