The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

namedeprived
Isn't it a bit pointless starting on a Friday from the school's point of view? :confused: May as well let you stay off until the following week.

Well, most of the school starts agin on Thursday, but 5th years have workshops on Thursday, and since 5th and 6th year share alot of classes, it would be pointless for us to be there without them being there, so us 6th years get an extra day off. :smile:

Woah, what a long-winded explanation, I hope it actually makes sense. :P
Hmm, the conversation has died. I'll reignite it. Next year I'm taking AH Maths, Business Management and Geography and Higher Computing.
Anyone doing these next year/done them already?
Reply 1302
nope :smile:
Reply 1303
Ape Gone Insane
Who exactly are you talking to?

everyone, including god and the guy on big brother

i'm saying no to it all
iaincarinish
Hmm, the conversation has died. I'll reignite it. Next year I'm taking AH Maths, Business Management and Geography and Higher Computing.

I've done Higher Geography and doing AH this year, so far it's been really good, there's a good bit of Stats so my Higher Maths is helping :biggrin:
iaincarinish
AH Maths, Business Management and Geography and Higher Computing.

:yes: I enjoyed maths, and found computing easy if irritating (not least because of things which were flat-out wrong, with no possible pedagogical justification).
Reply 1306
Ape Gone Insane
What about Mother Nature? You forgot to say no to her :mad:

nope
Ape Gone Insane
I learned a new word :awesome:

Ditto. :mmm:
iaincarinish

I did computing in 5th year, which is fine because 2/3 of the exam questions are recycled every year :P:.

I took BM in 6th year for some light relief, and unfortunately I sat at a table of sixth years who were doing the same, so I ended up getting a C :biggrin:. It's alright, just lots and lots of facts and mnemonics (sp?) to remember.
Ape Gone Insane
I learned a new word :awesome:

Another cool similar (ish :p:) term is "onodagogy"
Reply 1310
Found out today from my teacher that I was 2% from an A in Biology :frown:

Gutted.
Meteorshower
Another cool similar (ish :p:) term is "onodagogy"

I wondered why I hadn't heard of that :p: Googling that turned up only one result - apparently it being coined as a neologism on Wikipedia! How did you come across it?
Rachely
Found out today from my teacher that I was 2% from an A in Biology :frown:

Any chance of an appeal?
Reply 1313
TheUnbeliever
Any chance of an appeal?

Nope, got a no award for the estimate and my teacher was expecting it from me again so it was a huge shock! Would of been amazing to get an A in it.
Rachely
Nope, got a no award for the estimate and my teacher was expecting it from me again so it was a huge shock! Would of been amazing to get an A in it.

Good grief! Why on earth was your estimate so dreadful?! On the bright side, you must have improved quite a bit?
TheUnbeliever
I wondered why I hadn't heard of that :p: Googling that turned up only one result - apparently it being coined as a neologism on Wikipedia! How did you come across it?

I may possibly have come across it one of my occasional (read constant) wikipedia procrastination jaunts during work :p:
Ape Gone Insane
You think you're so mysterious, don't you..with your blanks in your profile:p:

:p: What would you like to know?
Ooh, 20 questions with the Unbeliever! :p:
Reply 1318
do you have any brothers or sisters...? Thats always a good starting point!
acas13
do you have any brothers or sisters...? Thats always a good starting point!

I have a brother who I get on well with :smile:

Latest